Thread: Hansa Studios (Berlin): Add PEPE DELUXE to the List!

Hansa Studios (Berlin): Add PEPE DELUXE to the List!

As pointed out there and other places, Pepe Deluxe now joins the likes of Marillion, U2, REM, David Bowie, Tangerine Dream, Depeche Mode, In Flames, Nick Cave among many others to have recorded in Berlin's famed Hansa Studios.

2012's Queen of the Wave is all-time favorite of mine, so this only adds more anticipation for their next record which it sounds like it could be coming out finally in the near future (2019?).

https://www.facebook.com/PepeDeluxeO...453428/?type=3

Greetings from Berlin!

The legendary Meistersaal aka "The Big Hall by the Wall" of the Hansa Studio. First came Bowie, the came some other artists. Like Iggy Pop, Tangerine Dream, Marillion, Depeche Mode, U2, Nick Cave etc.

The main studio has moved upstairs and some of the rough magic was lost when the Wall came down. Meistersaal's windows aren't covered anymore (see the arrows) and there are no isolation booths, acoustics panels etc. The hall is mainly used for other events but it can still be quickly converted into a recording room and signals routed to the upstairs control room. Last week Hollywood Vampires recorded some stuff there.

I was not a client - just enjoying a studio tour. But I did get a permission to capture the reverb of the room (impulse responses). It is indeed a very nice sounding room! While I'm not a huge fan of commercial studios, it's always fun to collect stories, little ideas, some magic etc. And I got a fun little photo at the end of this visit - posting it tomorrow.
    also neat 90 minute documentary shows a lot about Hansa here

Last edited by mnprogger; 07-08-2018 at 02:34 PM.