Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ske - 1001 Autunni out on 13th July

Anyone know where to buy the CD? Only see a download on Bandcamp. I never managed to buy the original release - it seemed to be out of print/unavailable by the time it was on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Paolo officially stated that he started working on the second Ske album,
    and has the first 15 minutes already written.
    EXCELLENT NEWS
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by cannygoodlike View Post
    Anyone know where to buy the CD? Only see a download on Bandcamp. I never managed to buy the original release - it seemed to be out of print/unavailable by the time it was on my radar.
    The reissue CD still takes some time to come out, it's just the download at the Moment.

The bandcamp page I linked a few post backs has the newest edition available for DL with a note that the "CD is coming soon."

Hope this helps.

https://skeskeskeskeske.bandcamp.com/releases

EDIT: Whoops. Should read the whole thread before I post.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

^^ Thanks. I see where it says that now. Probably didn't help that I was using my phone last night.

I guess I'll hang on for the CD then, rather than getting the download now.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    The bandcamp page I linked a few post backs has the newest edition available for DL with a note that the "CD is coming soon."

Hope this helps.

https://skeskeskeskeske.bandcamp.com/releases

EDIT: Whoops. Should read the whole thread before I post.
    Unless I read wrong, apparently, this will not be sold through the AltRock BC and therefore, the CD wouldn't be distributed through them, right??

Or is it too early to tell yet??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Unless I read wrong, apparently, this will not be sold through the AltRock BC and therefore, the CD wouldn't be distributed through them, right??

Or is it too early to tell yet??
    I'm rather sure that this will be handled very much like the "Not a Good Sign" CD.
    Marcello seems to be still involved somehow, but I don't think that Altrock will have
    something to do with it.

The reissue was ready for some years and Paolo was waiting for it to be released by
    Altrock which never happend.

Good question Cannygoodlike. I refrain from purchasing European releases from Band Camp because of the exorbitant shipping charges. I suspect within a month that 1001 Autunni will appear on one or more of the following dotcom sites: Wayside music, Laser CD, Import CD's, or Syn-Phonic Music.

Ooops! Wrong thread!

The CD seems to available now from Paolo direct.

From the SKE Bandcamp site:
    Mail to: skeskeskeskeske@hotmail.com for Cd orders.

So why did they reissue this again? Did the first print go OOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post
    So why did they reissue this again? Did the first print go OOP?
    Yeah it has been OOP for a while now -- a few years at least, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Yeah it has been OOP for a while now -- a few years at least, I think.
    You would think a hit album like this would stay in print for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It was a smash hit in Qatar.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I seem to recall it did well on the Billboard top 100 albums chart
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

At this point, as a very good rule of thumb, if the label hasn't sold the physical copies in 18 months MAXIMUM, they will be sitting on them for the rest of their life, UNLESS the band goes out and tours and sells them for the label.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

My facetious post had a point: I recall when Ken started doing reissues on his TLE label way back in 1990, he issued them as 500 copy reissues. That's how little demand there is and has been for much of this stuff. These aren't open ended releases that are just going to be endlessly churned out to meet high demand. They're going to be small runs, and when they sell out at source, you're left with trying to locate copies on the second hand market. Therefore, if you want an item issued by a Prog-Rock label, buy it immediately, don't wait. In most cases it will have a small, finite printing and that's it. One and done and we're on to the next one.

My facetious post had a point...
    Your facetious post was dry enough (since I didn't catch the word 'hit' in there) that I didn't realize it was facetious! Thanks for clarifying.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

I just found this on Bandcamp .. is this a legit place to be the new 2CD edition:

https://altrockproductions.bandcamp....m/1001-autunni

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    I just found this on Bandcamp .. is this a legit place to be the new 2CD edition:

Should be, that's Ske's label.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post

Phew. That's some hefty shipping costs, but I guess it's worth it.

I let this slip off my radar the first time it came around, and totally forgot about this reissue, too. Guess I should fix that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Phew. That's some hefty shipping costs, but I guess it's worth it.
    Folks in the USA might be happier with these shipping costs.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Shoot. Should've checked Wayside before I bought from Bandcamp. Sorry about that, Steve. Not sure what I was thinking!

I had a nice chat with SKE about 1001 Autunni (reprint of his debut) and it was a pleasure to hear him saying he's working on a sequel.

https://markellosnardoi.wordpress.co...i-fading-2018/

This is a beautiful set, sure to be on my Best Of 2018 list in the coming days - despite being a reissue, I think it qualifies based on the strength of the second disc (and that live snippet of Man-Erg, c'mon! )

ske1.jpg ske2.jpg

ske3.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***