Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ske - 1001 Autunni out on 13th July

Ske - 1001 Autunni out on 13th July

The rerelease of Paolo Bottas album Ske - 1000 Autunni
    will be out on 13th July as a 2CD.

The second CD will be live with an unreleased track and
    different versions.

And it looks like there is more to come soon..

Hussa!

https://www.facebook.com/skegroup/po...56733091045487
    Last edited by TheH; 07-06-2018 at 05:38 PM.

It's still a fantastic record, arguably on my top-25 altogether from the 2010s. And most certainly one of the great "progressive" ones.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

It is a fine album. I'm a little surprised that a follow-up has not come forth. I wonder if that's according to plan, or a function of the dismal economics relating to issuing music these days.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It is a fine album. I'm a little surprised that a follow-up has not come forth. I wonder if that's according to plan, or a function of the dismal economics relating to issuing music these days.
    If I read his comments right on his Facebook page it seems like he is going
    to announce a second Ske album soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    It's still a fantastic record, arguably on my top-25 altogether from the 2010s. And most certainly one of the great "progressive" ones.
    Yes one of the very few symphonic Prog albums with real substance still made.
    Actually it works for fans of almost every style of Prog.

I would have liked maybe a little bit more of the ladies singing, though it is perfect
    how it is.

The reissue was so very long in the making, and I think finished already for a long time too, that I was almost going to delete it from my to watch out list.

I'm looking forward to it, aslo there seems some hope for a real second album...

I have an unofficial top 100-Prog of all time and it's right there in, and I think it's the only record of the current decade which has found its way in there.

It's no small deal. People who enter my top 100 Progga-rolla are ensured for all eternity of pizza, whiskey and virgins with the secret sex-knowledge of 50years old retired prostitutes. So prog bands do your best!

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I have an unofficial top 100-Prog of all time and it's right there in, and I think it's the only record of the current decade which has found its way in there.

It's no small deal. People who enter my top 100 Progga-rolla are ensured for all eternity of pizza, whiskey and virgins with the secret sex-knowledge of 50years old retired prostitutes. So prog bands do your best!
    I will tell Paolo to make his claim...

Nice! But a follow up will be even nicer. 1000 Autunni is just superb stuff

Very glad to hear this is getting a re-release as I never got it on CD. Yay!

I agree. 1000 Autunni is in the top 10 of the 2010's for sure and is likely to stay there. Not even sure what else would be there: Invicta, Viljans Oga, Decline and Fall, Sanhedrin maybe. Bubblemath is bubbling up to the top. But definitely 1000 Autunni.

A beautiful album. I know ske has been busy with other stuff, but another album like his first one will be awesome.

excellent album!

perhaps one of those rare albums that transcends all Prog styles and pleases Symph fans, Fusion fans and Avant fans. All can all find something to love about the album
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    excellent album!

perhaps one of those rare albums that transcends all Prog styles and pleases Symph fans, Fusion fans and Avant fans. All can all find something to love about the album
    Fully agree, it's one of my top albums since 2000, it lovely stuff, I'll certainly be buying it again for the live versions. The Yugen live album was a bit of a revelation.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I want the live CD, but having 2 ex. of the studio album, doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    I want the live CD, but having 2 ex. of the studio album, doesn't make sense.
    Then buy the new 2 CD digipak and sell your old CD on EBAY. That makes sense and dollars.

^^^ I'll probably re-buy it not only for the bonus disc but also as a way to say "thanks" to the man whose CD I listened to so much for several years.

Never picked this up when it first came out, but always been interested. Guess I've got my chance now.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm a fan. Don't need the new one, though, because I have the old one.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Don't want to buy it, but will be buying it.
    The desert is not a rose.
    Softly goes the coda.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    €9 for 50 minutes of live music, which is significantly different from the studio versions, and including a previously unreleased track, seems like a bargain to me. Listening now, lovely stuff.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    €9 for 50 minutes of live music, which is significantly different from the studio versions, and including a previously unreleased track, seems like a bargain to me. Listening now, lovely stuff.
    Do you have a link for it? All I'm seeing on Bandcamp is the original release.

EDIT: Whoops. Never mind:
    https://skeskeskeskeske.bandcamp.com/releases
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Several very enthusiastic thumbs up on this one. Had the CD some years back, lent it out and it never made it’s way back. Happy to have this music back in my life and the new/live tracks are excellent. It’s around $10 to download (lossless from Bandcamp FTW! Plus it’s in you library to stream on demand from their app or via web browser...lots of flexibility) and worth every penny...
    Views expressed by the author do not necessarily represent those of Sony Music

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Several very enthusiastic thumbs up on this one. Had the CD some years back, lent it out and it never made it’s way back. Happy to have this music back in my life and the new/live tracks are excellent. It’s around $10 to download (lossless from Bandcamp FTW! Plus it’s in you library to stream on demand from their app or via web browser...lots of flexibility) and worth every penny...
    I still have trouble playing albums that I have purchased on BC on my Android phone.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

Just picked this up a few days ago and not bad!....

Paolo officially stated that he started working on the second Ske album,
    and has the first 15 minutes already written.