Thread: Camel 2018

Camel 2018

Anyone know of the playlist that Camel are currently playing during their 2018 tour? Noticed on YouTube at least 2 new numbers ...sound of fainting fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKwX-6kRFDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJaS1ncMxt4

Could this finally mean a new album if the offing? Sincerely hope so

Setlist in Utrecht

Set 1
    Aristillus
    Song Within a Song
    Chord Change
    Spirit of the Water
    Another Night
    Air Born
    Lunar Sea

Set 2
    Unevensong
    Hymn to Her
    Rose of Sharon
    Coming of Age
    Rajaz
    Ice
    Mother Road
    Hopeless Anger
    Long Goodbyes

Encore:
    Lady Fantasy

No new tunes played in Utrecht but I know they played a couple in the earlier stages of the tour. I haven't seen any news updates or announcments on a new album.

'Mystic Dreams' sounds more like a nod to some Camel songs, than a new song. Starts very much like 'Mystic Queen'. Not sure what they'll do with that one...
    Maybe these songs were added to the tour as 'rarities'.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    'Maybe these songs were added to the tour as 'rarities'.
    Nope, Camel has a tendency to have slightly longer setlists at the beginning of the tour and then usually dropping one or two songs from the set once they are a few shows in. In this case I think they dropped them mostly because Latimer developed a hernia during the tour and by the time they arrived in the Netherlands he suffered from the early stages of pneumonia.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Nope, Camel has a tendency to have slightly longer setlists at the beginning of the tour and then usually dropping one or two songs from the set once they are a few shows in. In this case I think they dropped them mostly because Latimer developed a hernia during the tour and by the time they arrived in the Netherlands he suffered from the early stages of pneumonia.
    Yes, I realise all that, but I think someone on here said that 'Mystic Dreams' was a sort of tribute to Camel songs.

In the upcoming edition of Prog Magazine there's an interview with Andy L stating that there WILL finally be a new Camel album. Fantastic news

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    In the upcoming edition of Prog Magazine there's an interview with Andy L stating that there WILL finally be a new Camel album. Fantastic news
    Thanks for the news Hour Candle , just got the Prog Mag now as a digital download. They don't sell the mag here in Canada

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noni View Post
    Thanks for the news Hour Candle , just got the Prog Mag now as a digital download. They don't sell the mag here in Canada
    They sell it in Ottawa - capital of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by noni View Post
    your lucky you have a iphone/tablet.. If your windows/android you can't get the digital download :-(

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    your lucky you have a iphone/tablet.. If your windows/android you can't get the digital download :-(
    The file is PDF, so it should read on both platforms. Chapters used to sell this mag ages ago but stopped it now. I'm sure you can read this on any PC or Android platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    The Zinio app for Android carries the digital edition of Prog magazine
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    They sell it in Ottawa - capital of Canada.
    Sold in Quebec City and Montreal as well.

Zinio app... great thanks

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

FYI: there were cameras all over the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday so I guess a live dvd of that show is in the works. Will be a cool souvenir of a most excellent show.

DVD is coming. Let's hope it's a Blu Ray

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk