Thread: Fathers Day 2018

Fathers Day 2018

Hey all.....what did you all do for Fathers Day this year......Just wondering.....My Pop has been gone now for 8 years......I have memories of some great picnics from years past......
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

My daughter's on her way to Italy, my wife is in Minnesota, so me & the dogs had Subway.

My daughter came over for a barbecue. Nothing big. Just good to have her here for a while.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I made a nice Caprese Tortellini salad for my vegetarian son, also Chili-Lime corn on the cob cooked on the grill, then some turkey kielbasa and chicken sausage on the grill. It was pretty low key, which is what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    My daughter came over for a barbecue. Nothing big. Just good to have her here for a while.
    I went to my daughter's for a barbecue.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I had a great weekend, using the standards of the divorced Dad who sees his kids once/week and two weekends/month. The weather was great, allowing us to enjoy the outside and some fresh air. My parents have a pool, so that was used well. I smoked a turkey breast on Saturday and made some bangin' BBQ chicken on Sunday. Played some games, watched some baseball. It was idyllic, for one brief, shining moment.

I hope the rest of the dads here got to see their kids and enjoyed their company.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I paid for dinner. One of my three daughters actually used their voices to wish me a Happy Father's Day instead of just relying on a card.

We did hit the pool for the first time this season. So, there's that.

This day is usually low-key anyway, since it falls only three weeks after my birthday. Coincidentally, Mother's Day falls three weeks after my wife's birthday.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Wonderful breakfast out at a local eatery, then finished installing my sound system for our pool... The rest of the day was spent enjoying said pool.

HFD to all, including the mothers who do it all on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I made a nice Caprese Tortellini salad for my vegetarian son, also Chili-Lime corn on the cob cooked on the grill, then some turkey kielbasa and chicken sausage on the grill. It was pretty low key, which is what I wanted.
    What? Didn't your Wife get you Philips Hue Lighting?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    It was cool, windy, and occasionally rainy yesterday. I picked cherries off the tree with my daughter. Later, I barbecued shawarma-spiced chicken on the charcoal grill for my family. Gotta have a good meal for Fathers Day. Summer weather will return soon.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    We grilled various meats on the grill and we also had some barbeque that was made in the smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    We grilled various meats on the grill and we also had some barbeque that was made in the smoker.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Grilling seems to be a theme.

Must be a caveman thing.

..........oooooouuuuuch!

I had lunch with my daughter at some wing place. She had a veggie burger, I had some greasy wings.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox
    The meaning of the word "barbecue" is more inclusive and less pedantic in the West. Sue us.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    What? Didn't your Wife get you Philips Hue Lighting?
    I did spend some time setting up the orgy room.

Barbecue is originally from the Carribean. It's called Barbacoa. Another useless bit of trivia......

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My 17 year old bought me a chocolate bar. My older son was on a military exercise but texted me happy father's day. I spent to day hiking on the Gatineau Hills and at dinner with my new girlfriend.
    r

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    I enjoyed having my two elder kids join me, my wife and my two younger kids on our deck for dinner. It was sunny and 29c. I bbq'd burgers and smokies to go with a couple salads. Father's Day is a cliche Hallmark day that calls for dutiful giving of cards, gifts and/or sentiments. But I still enjoy it!

Cards, Huge brunch with Mimosas..and for beer I had a Founders DankWood and a NoDa Brewing Good Will Hopping...And oh yeah, I got some "_____"!!!!!!....

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    And oh yeah, I got some "_____"!!!!!!....
    Neckties??

Awesome!