Thread: Santana - Live at the US Festival 1982

Santana - Live at the US Festival 1982

Anybody happen to see the recent broadcast of this on AXS? Apparently, it seems this is going to be released officially in the near future. Anybody have/know any information about it?

Ed
    ---------
    www.myriadtrio.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MyriadtrioNY

Quote Originally Posted by Myried View Post
    Anybody have/know any information about it?
    What kind of info are you looking for? I imagine if it's being released on DVD or Blu-Ray, a good place to look would be Amazon.

In the early days of MTV, they used to air Nowhere To Run from this concert, as a video. I remember that was how I found out that Carlos Santana wasn't the lead singer of his own band.

And no, I don't monitor AXS regularly, so I don't know what they're showing most of the time. It's an HD only channel (apparently), so it's like at the "opposite end of the dial" from the standard definition channels, which is what I usually watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    What kind of info are you looking for? I imagine if it's being released on DVD or Blu-Ray, a good place to look would be Amazon.

In the early days of MTV, they used to air Nowhere To Run from this concert, as a video. I remember that was how I found out that Carlos Santana wasn't the lead singer of his own band.

And no, I don't monitor AXS regularly, so I don't know what they're showing most of the time. It's an HD only channel (apparently), so it's like at the "opposite end of the dial" from the standard definition channels, which is what I usually watch.
    I was just curious if anyone has heard if/when this show was going to be released, which formats (cd/dvd/BluRay), setlist, etc. I already checked Amazon, to no avail, as well as several other online locations. I, too, remember them airing 'Nowhere To Run.' Alex Ligertwood (singer) really sounded great on that performance footage.

Ed
    ---------
    www.myriadtrio.com
    https://www.facebook.com/MyriadtrioNY

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I would love to have the Santana DVD when it becomes available. I have never seen AXS and have no idea when the Santana set will be released. My brother attended the US festival for one of its days. I wasn't there, but I know there are DVDs of performances there by Triumph (TML Entertainment), Willie Nelson (Shout! Factory), and Waylon Jennings (Shout! Factory). I own the first two.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I would love to have the Santana DVD when it becomes available. I have never seen AXS and have no idea when the Santana set will be released. My brother attended the US festival for one of its days. I wasn't there, but I know there are DVDs of performances there by Triumph (TML Entertainment), Willie Nelson (Shout! Factory), and Waylon Jennings (Shout! Factory). I own the first two.
    According to Wikipedia, there's also a DVD of the Quiet Riot performance from 83, and Judas Priest released their set as a bonus DVD with the most recent reissue of, I believe, Screaming For Vengeance.

I remember when the Triumph set originally came out on VHS, back in the mid 80's. I actually rented it from one of the video stores at Cedar Center, and then dubbing a copy of it, which I watched a lot. As I recall, they left the first song of the set (The Lights Go Down) off, for who knows what reason, and then at the end they appended the videos for Spellbound and Follow Your Heart. Haven't seen the DVD version yet.