Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are the USPS and Canada Post getting worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    In the meantime, I'm never using UPS as an international method again, after a package containing two CDs from the U.S. cost me a total of $27 (US) to ship, and was then slapped with a ridiculous $25 (Cdn) brokerage fee upon arrival in Canada. How insane is that? And it still took six days, so it's not like I was paying over $52 for speedy service. Wow, what an eye opener!
    Wow. Where did you order from, if you don't mind my asking? (And a brokerage fee!?)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That seems to be a uniquely Canadian thing - not knowing how much something will cost you until after you receive it. At least, it doesn't happen here.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 11-27-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Wow. Where did you order from, if you don't mind my asking? (And a brokerage fee!?)
    Lasers Edge - but the charge was no fault of Ken's. He was kind enough to use UPS when I explained the Canada Post strike situation and asked for an alternative because I didn't want this package held up in the quagmire. Anywhere from outside of Canada would have resulted in the charge. And sure enough, I have the package and am enjoying my CDs - which I would not be if it had been shipped through CP, who are only fully back to work today after being forced back (that's a whole other can of worms lol!) But yeah, the brokerage fees are absolutely ridiculous. Why on earth do they charge me the equivalent of 75% of the package value? Anyway, like I said, I won't be using the courier companies for international shipments again, unless I absolutely have to. The strike is over, the posties are bitter, life is back to normal.
    Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

Okay, Jed, I got one for you. Had a package shipped from Los Angeles, right here in SoCal. Should've arrived yesterday at the latest. I just tracked it...

...and it landed in Philadelphia yesterday! WTF!!

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Nice! Maybe this some unannounced strike by postal workers.

"Next facility" is a mysterious phrase. I think it means they have no clue where it's headed next. The item on its way to me from England still hasn't made it here, but is on it's way to the next facility. Also, I realized it's Registered. Which apparently means nothing!

They must be loading parcels onto the plane with a backhoe. "Wherefore it lands...thar she goes!"

I dated a letter carrier years ago and she was given the task of training new hires......many lacked enough language skills to sort the mail....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I dated a letter carrier years ago and she was given the task of training new hires......many lacked enough language skills to sort the mail....
    That reminds me of something I heard via the guy that owns the mailbox place over here. He said he knew somebody who went to register to vote in another state (I forget which). The clerk looked at their DL and said "I'm sorry, it says you're from New Mexico. You have to be a citizen of this country to vote."

When I get letters in the Midwest from Virginia, it takes 4 days but for years until this summer it was almost always 3 days.

That package from England finally arrived today, after a month of ping-ponging. It was some crap my wife ordered!

But speaking of the USPS, something our postal carrier does that drives me nuts: for some reason he scans all packages as having been delivered before he leaves the post office with them in the morning. So I end up going down to the street to look for them, and then realize he hasn't delivered them, they won't be delivered for about five hours. The post office gave me some BS excuse once for why he does this. This is the same guy who asks for a tip each Christmas.

"Here's a dollar."

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    That package from England finally arrived today, after a month of ping-ponging. It was some crap my wife ordered!
    It's a good thing Eddie didn't waste his time hand delivering that one!
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's a good thing Eddie didn't waste his time hand delivering that one!
    If it was from Eddie, then I feel bad that he's now had to resort to selling second-hand clothing.

Received my originally Jersey-routed package.

Amazon free shipping ,if it comes from amazon .
    Its at my house next day ,I kid you not ,It pays have facility 30 mins in city south your house.
    screw usps ,Amazon is future of grocerys ,everything ,screw going to store .
    Why hell do i want deal with people ,who r rude ,drive like idiots .
    Im risking my life to drive ,12 peoples cars at traffic light insanity no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by vis4victor View Post
    Amazon free shipping ,if it comes from amazon .
    Its at my house next day ,I kid you not ,It pays have facility 30 mins in city south your house.
    screw usps ,Amazon is future of grocerys ,everything ,screw going to store .
    Why hell do i want deal with people ,who r rude ,drive like idiots .
    Im risking my life to drive ,12 peoples cars at traffic light insanity no thank you.
    Tomorrow is the day when Santa really lays into UPS and the USPS with his whip. Hopefully he shows no mercy - I'm expecting a fruitcake via USPS and a Nintendo Switch via UPS.

In 30 years this may be the worst case of mis-routing I've ever seen.

Customer lives in Idaho.

His parcel went from:

Voorhees>
    San Bernadino, CA>
    Albuquerque, NM>
    Barrigada, GUAM>
    Honolulu, HI

Currently on the way back to the mainland...I think. Notation only says: "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

HIS PACKAGE WENT TO FUCKING GUAM!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post

Customer lives in Idaho.

His parcel went from:

Voorhees>
    San Bernadino, CA>
    Albuquerque, NM>
    Barrigada, GUAM>
    Honolulu, HI

Currently on the way back to the mainland...I think. Notation only says: "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Pineapples, potatoes - what's the difference?

Michael: "Harold, don't you have any other music, you know, from [last] century?"
    Harold: "There is no other music....."

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post

Customer lives in Idaho.

His parcel went from:

Voorhees>
    San Bernadino, CA>
    Albuquerque, NM>
    Barrigada, GUAM>
    Honolulu, HI

You just broke the Internet.

Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Is there anything the orange turd isn’t trying to destroy?
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

Placed an Amazon Prime order, fulfilled by Amazon. It was shipped from Staten Island (didn't know Amazon had a fulfillment facility on Staten Island!). Sent USPS. It was quickly delayed, then the status when to "probably lost." That was Amazon's phrase, the USPS tracking says they're still waiting to receive it. My guess is that it's lost somewhere in the Amazon warehouse. I'd suggest it had been handed off to USPS without being scanned, except it probably would have arrived by now if that was the case.

I just got a refund from Amazon - if it should ever arrive, they said just keep it or donate it, but I think it'll just fester in the Amazon warehouse in Staten Island like the lost ark of the covenant.

I really did want this item - an HD antenna - so I placed a second order and specified 1-day shipping for $3.99. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow but hasn't shipped yet, but there's still time. I assume this will be via UPS or Fedex, so if the warehouse workers can somehow manage to actually hand it over, I do have some faith that the item will arrive tomorrow.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-17-2019 at 09:43 AM.

I really did want this item - an HD antenna
    A copper wire works fine inserted into the antenna hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    A copper wire works fine inserted into the antenna hole.
    On a smart TV? Do you mean the coax input?

On a smart TV? Do you mean the coax input?
    Yes. Do a Google search. We have done it many times. Works best with a solid electrical wire. If you see a house being built or construction, ask one of the chaps for a small piece of scrap wire. 10 gauge copper wire; same type that they use for your outlets/electrical. You don't need to make it into some shape. Many times it can be strung along the back of your tv via tape. Works fine.