Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are the USPS and Canada Post getting worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    In the meantime, I'm never using UPS as an international method again, after a package containing two CDs from the U.S. cost me a total of $27 (US) to ship, and was then slapped with a ridiculous $25 (Cdn) brokerage fee upon arrival in Canada. How insane is that? And it still took six days, so it's not like I was paying over $52 for speedy service. Wow, what an eye opener!
    Wow. Where did you order from, if you don't mind my asking? (And a brokerage fee!?)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That seems to be a uniquely Canadian thing - not knowing how much something will cost you until after you receive it. At least, it doesn't happen here.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:39 PM.
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Wow. Where did you order from, if you don't mind my asking? (And a brokerage fee!?)
    Lasers Edge - but the charge was no fault of Ken's. He was kind enough to use UPS when I explained the Canada Post strike situation and asked for an alternative because I didn't want this package held up in the quagmire. Anywhere from outside of Canada would have resulted in the charge. And sure enough, I have the package and am enjoying my CDs - which I would not be if it had been shipped through CP, who are only fully back to work today after being forced back (that's a whole other can of worms lol!) But yeah, the brokerage fees are absolutely ridiculous. Why on earth do they charge me the equivalent of 75% of the package value? Anyway, like I said, I won't be using the courier companies for international shipments again, unless I absolutely have to. The strike is over, the posties are bitter, life is back to normal.
    Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

Okay, Jed, I got one for you. Had a package shipped from Los Angeles, right here in SoCal. Should've arrived yesterday at the latest. I just tracked it...

...and it landed in Philadelphia yesterday! WTF!!

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Nice! Maybe this some unannounced strike by postal workers.

"Next facility" is a mysterious phrase. I think it means they have no clue where it's headed next. The item on its way to me from England still hasn't made it here, but is on it's way to the next facility. Also, I realized it's Registered. Which apparently means nothing!
    "Of course you are allowed to trumpet your profound ignorance by disagreeing with me." -- Facelift

They must be loading parcels onto the plane with a backhoe. "Wherefore it lands...thar she goes!"

I dated a letter carrier years ago and she was given the task of training new hires......many lacked enough language skills to sort the mail....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I dated a letter carrier years ago and she was given the task of training new hires......many lacked enough language skills to sort the mail....
    That reminds me of something I heard via the guy that owns the mailbox place over here. He said he knew somebody who went to register to vote in another state (I forget which). The clerk looked at their DL and said "I'm sorry, it says you're from New Mexico. You have to be a citizen of this country to vote."

When I get letters in the Midwest from Virginia, it takes 4 days but for years until this summer it was almost always 3 days.

That package from England finally arrived today, after a month of ping-ponging. It was some crap my wife ordered!

But speaking of the USPS, something our postal carrier does that drives me nuts: for some reason he scans all packages as having been delivered before he leaves the post office with them in the morning. So I end up going down to the street to look for them, and then realize he hasn't delivered them, they won't be delivered for about five hours. The post office gave me some BS excuse once for why he does this. This is the same guy who asks for a tip each Christmas.

"Here's a dollar."

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    That package from England finally arrived today, after a month of ping-ponging. It was some crap my wife ordered!
    It's a good thing Eddie didn't waste his time hand delivering that one!
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's a good thing Eddie didn't waste his time hand delivering that one!
    If it was from Eddie, then I feel bad that he's now had to resort to selling second-hand clothing.

Received my originally Jersey-routed package.