Page 21 of 85 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoner!

Well, if this thread did not accomplish anything else, it at least got the new Blood Ceremony disc to be a featured CD here!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

^^
    By the sounds of it, a few bank accounts have been ruined as well. I know mine has!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Well, if this thread did not accomplish anything else, it at least got the new Blood Ceremony disc to be a featured CD here!
    Let's keep it on then...

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Just found an Uncle Acid show at Dime. SQ is slightly muffled but pretty good.

UNCLE ACID AND THE DEADBEATS
    Freak Valley Festival 2013
    AWO Park, Netphen, Germany
    May - 31 - 2013

Never really been sure how wide or narrow the stoner term is. Would it include the brilliant Rival Sons? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvxC87WzAME

Man, does Scott "Wino" Weinrich not get his due, or what? I just love everything I've heard from the guy and with a discography as wide as his, I haven't heard it all. Saint Vitus, Spirit Caravan (who are reforming as rumor has it), The Hidden Hand, The Obsessed and a recent acoustic collaboration with Conny Ochs are just some of the projects he's been involved in. I'm sure there are many more. That Ochs LP almost sounds like a long lost Peter Hammill solo album from the mid 70s. In a parallel universe, Wino would already be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Steve, I'm a huge Wino fan! I wish St-Vitus sounded better so I don't spin those as often, but The Hidden Hand, Spirit Caravan, and Shrinebuilder are all excellent bands! I even have his acoustic solo record "Wino".

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Never really been sure how wide or narrow the stoner term is. Would it include the brilliant Rival Sons? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvxC87WzAME
    I only skimmed through this quickly but I didn't hear any of the downtuned riffage,heaviness, and psyche elements usually associated with stoner. What I did hear I liked though. They remind of the Swedish retro rock band Graveyard.

these guys I'd forgotten about until I ran into them in my library again.

I had to give up for the stoner.

New Trouble album next week. I hope it's a good one.

Sounds like they're channeling Hendrix and Captain Beyond...

Last edited by Garden Dreamer; 07-04-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    New Trouble album next week. I hope it's a good one.
    Has Eric Wagner returned to the fold or will Kory Clarke be doing the vocals? I was a fan of Warrior Soul in the 90s but have been on record in this thread stating that he's not a good fit for Trouble.

From Trouble's website: "The Distortion Field' makes history in the TROUBLE camp through the band's acquisition of a new lead vocalist, Kyle Thomas of Exorder and Floodgate fame.

I have no idea who Kyle Thomas is. Hopefully, he's not related to Mickey.

I'll definitely listen to some camples before pulling the trigger on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Sounds like they're channeling Hendrix and Captain Beyond...

I've been a big Radio Moscow fan for a few years. Brain Cycles is the one to get, but it's not really "Stoner" imho. They are heavy blues, with that pysch element thrown in. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post

I have no idea who Kyle Thomas is.
    He was the singer on the last Alabama Thunderpussy album, one of my faves. l love this stuff.

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Banned
    I've been playing the heck out of the latest from The Sword, "Apocryphon." Great from front to back. I like all of their albums but I think this is my favorite now.
    I got that today from Best Buy. I got the regular edition for $9.99. Then, I simply YouTubed their version of Cheap Sunglasses from the deluxe edition. This thread inspired me to track down an album by The Sword when I saw them mentioned in this thread. I was afraid to get Apocryphon, because I heard it was their least Sabbath sounding. Btw, I say album because it's the length of an album, and has the sound of an album. The Sword still sounds like Sabbath on this one. John sure does sound like that other John when he sings. The guitars have the Iommi sound, except for one shredding solo. The title track reminds me of Sabbath's Am I Going Insane(Radio) in it's use of synths. Dig that cover art, too. I dig it!!

Greatest. Rock. Video. Ever.

Looks like some stoners have been watching old Letterman episodes. Brilliant.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I got that today from Best Buy. I got the regular edition for $9.99. Then, I simply YouTubed their version of Cheap Sunglasses from the deluxe edition. This thread inspired me to track down an album by The Sword when I saw them mentioned in this thread. I was afraid to get Apocryphon, because I heard it was their least Sabbath sounding. Btw, I say album because it's the length of an album, and has the sound of an album. The Sword still sounds like Sabbath on this one. John sure does sound like that other John when he sings. The guitars have the Iommi sound, except for one shredding solo. The title track reminds me of Sabbath's Am I Going Insane(Radio) in it's use of synths. Dig that cover art, too. I dig it!!
    Glad you like it! Didn't realize there was a deluxe edition - is "Hammer of Heaven" on that? I assumed that was one of the preview tracks from the album when I saw it on Youtube then was surprised to find it wasn't on the album when it came out. Another great track, I was bummed about not having it on the CD.

Banned
    Glad you like it! Didn't realize there was a deluxe edition - is "Hammer of Heaven" on that? I assumed that was one of the preview tracks from the album when I saw it on Youtube then was surprised to find it wasn't on the album when it came out. Another great track, I was bummed about not having it on the CD.
    No, just live songs and the ZZ Top cover.

^^^
    MIDRYASI's best album.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS