Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: *** World Cup 2018 Russia ***

Hrvatska!!!

ARG 0 - CRO 3 !!!!!

Goodbye Messi (not technically out of it yet but almost)

Nasty game...there could have been 2 maybe 3 red cards as some of those foals seemed quite deliberate.
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    ARG 0 - CRO 3 !!!!!

Goodbye Messi (not technically out of it yet but almost)

Nasty game...there could have been 2 maybe 3 red cards as some of those foals seemed quite deliberate.
    Not only quite, every foul was "answered".

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It was a hard game from both sides, referee struggled, but you don't often recover from such an awful mistake as the Argentina keeper made, horrendous.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Hrvatska!!!
    Iddemmmmooooo!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Mitrovic should certainly have had a penalty against the Swiss
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Weak Tunisian defence (though their attack was impressive enough), but the Devils wasted a few opportunities.... For the same price it could've been 6 or 8 - 2

Lukaku, Meunier and Hazard are all excellent (world class really), Carrasco as well. De Bruyne is good during the playing, but keeps insisting on shooting free kicks and corners, but he's been awful at it in the last two games. Even the guys off the bench are excellent (Thielemans and Batshuayi). Goaltender Courtois had a very medium match, though...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Really enjoyable excellent match, Tunisia looked good going forward less so at the back, Belgium looked really good, they have a terrific balance of skill and strength going forward, Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mertens, look world class. England certainly need to beat Panama to take the pressure off the last game.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Weak Tunisian defence (though their attack was impressive enough), but the Devils wasted a few opportunities.... For the same price it could've been 6 or 8 - 2

Lukaku, Meunier and Hazard are all excellent (world class really), Carrasco as well. De Bruyne is good during the playing, but keeps insisting on shooting free kicks and corners, but he's been awful at it in the last two games. Even the guys off the bench are excellent (Thielemans and Batshuayi). Goaltender Courtois had a very medium match, though...

8-2 or 8-3 was a real possibility. STRONG game by BEL.....this has all been quite exciting thus-far.
    G.A.S -aholic

Batshuayi alone should have scored 3 times minimum.
    Wonder if he goes back to Dortmund.

I would like to now how a goalie feels when a guy built like a wardrobe (Lukaku)
    comes running towards him...

Speaking as a 6'2" 240lb goalie I can say it makes you think. Usually you just focus on the ball and try not to get killed. I've had a few knees to the jaw and shoulders in the solar plexus from guys built like Lukaku over the years.
    Ian

Sweden confused Germany in the 1st half. The early equalizer in the 2nd made the Germans regain confidence - they are good enough to adapt the style of playing. Sweden is not good enough to do the same...
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Pheww… The title defender was out of the cup already.. but resurrected
    in the very last minute…

Somehow all the euphoria that was present in Germany before ain't there at all.
    I receive TV by cable and so I'm normally a few seconds behind others, and when there where screams in the 'hood like little earthquakes seconds before I saw what's happening the last events, it's quiet like a graveyard this time.

At the last tournaments (WC, EC etc.) wherever you looked you where like in a sea of black, red and gold. This time hardly anyone seems to care...

And the Finger Sniffer survives to coach another match....
    anyone seen the video of this German coach digging into his pants and sniffin' his stanky fingers repeatedly? Some nasty bizarre stuff.

Germany have not been convincing and again struggled, they certainly deserved the winner that was a thing of beauty. They'll have to play better to challenge for the title.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    anyone seen the video of this German coach digging into his pants and sniffin' his stanky fingers repeatedly? Some nasty bizarre stuff.
    Sniffy Jogi

Last edited by TheH; 06-23-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    His favorite band is the Stanky Brown Group.

Only saw the first half and a relatively pleasant game to watch

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Germany have not been convincing and again struggled, they certainly deserved the winner that was a thing of beauty. They'll have to play better to challenge for the title.
    I have plenty of confidence in the Mannschaft.... they're still the team that soared in their qualifying group by winning all 10 of their games and scored 43 goals in doing so (only Belgium matched that, while tying one of their games)

The stats couldn't possibly lie, and for the same price, they could've won it 3-1 even before the extra time and/or losing a player through the dpouble yellow
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Oh I certainly never write off the Germans.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    The stats couldn't possibly lie, and for the same price, they could've won it 3-1 even before the extra time and/or losing a player through the dpouble yellow
    ...or lost the game by 3-1 Germany is always a very strong team, but when it comes down to tournaments like this, its 25% skills and 75% psychology - and a big team comes with big expectations - often finding themselves under a lot of pressure to "do away" with the lesser teams. Without the early equalizer in the 2nd half the Germans might well have buckled, like they did when they had 4-0 on Sweden 15 minutes into the 2nd half in the qualifier 2012 and the game ended 4-4.

When all go as expected, teams like Germany, Brazil, Italy and the Netherlands contend for the title, but sometimes the unexpected happens, like the Danish or Greek European titles, and Island going far last time. The unexpected is what makes the EC/WC interesting. As far as 2018, of the big teams Belgium looks quite strong and consistent. Yesterdays game might well have ignited Germany. Brazil is the usual hit/miss. Outsiders, maybe Croatia, Mexico and even the Swiss?
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Missed all of yesterday's games due family stuff.
    England's game was over before the first half ended and the second half was pretty turgid. Obviously they did well, but UK media already have them winning the cup and each player getting a knighthood. It was Panama guys - Panama! Funniest/saddest thing I saw was the video of Fat Sam eating a Big Mac in a pub watching the game alone.
    If you have Twitter its here:
    https://twitter.com/footballtips/sta...78045580865536

Meanwhile Japan's equalizer by Inui against Senegal was a real thing of beauty. Just gone half time in that game.

Is there any chance that England and Mexico could meet in the final match for all the marbles?

Watched some of Senegal-Japan. Having been to Japan quite a bit while in the USN, it was interesting to me to see 50 years later that several Japanese men on the team were really working on their appearance to look as western as possible.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Watching Combolia kick the shit outta Podlan.

I was looking forward to the Duell of my club's stars James and Lewandowski.

Poland never managed to get their world class striker (21 goals in 16 games before the WC) in the game.

James instead was the best player on the field (with Quadrado) and served two
    deadly assists (the second one was beyond belief).