Thread: Free online instructional videos on music from Berklee College of Music

Free online instructional videos on music from Berklee College of Music

According to this website, the start dates are this Spring (some as soon as March 1):
    https://www.coursera.org/berklee

Don't ask me about details, I don't know them (and the chances are I myself won't be that interested or find time to view any of these videos when they become available but I figured some of you might be interested). For example, I don't know whether there will be a required registration step before being able to view these upcoming videos or whether they will be viewable just like youtube videos without any registration step.

But I can give one example from my own experience at this Coursera site: at this site I recently viewed the lecture videos for a (non-music) course after the course was over and there was no registration step in that case. The course was over and the videos were right there and I just clicked on them to view them. So, it may be the case that videos do not appear to a non-registered until after a course is over --- again, just speculating, I don't know the details so don't ask me, I'm sure there's some info at the website, thanks.

Interesting!

Please keep us posted as you learn new information about this service. I'm sure that a lot of PEers will be interested.
    Regards,

Duncan

Hi Yaman,

Thanks very much for the tip. One of the executives at work was mentioning Coursera and this looks like a great excuse to dive in and give it a try. I signed up for the "Introduction to Music Production" and "Introduction to Improvisation" classes (the later taught by Gary Burton) and look forward to seeing how it goes.

Cheers,

Alan

thanks and I will listen and download music from here .

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I found a course I am interested in but it looks like you have to pay for it right now...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"