Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rest in peace, Gerard Hourbette (Art Zoyd)

That's an amazing read. Thanks.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

you're welcome!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I interviewed him shortly as a part of the Ettiene Conod article I did for my blog
    scrol down
    http://udi-koomran.blogspot.co.il/20...interview.html

^ Judging from his impressive formal resumé overall, Hourbette must have been a rather modest fella in the grand scheme of things. There are numerous other names in borderline rock/art music circles that keep boosting their own stature on less than half of Hourbette's Curriculum Vitae.

Interesting how his (and AZ's) collab with Roland Petit is highlighted, as it's notably a piece where Hourbette's input takes the driver's seat. Wasn't there even some footage available from one of the original choreographic performances of this work?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ J

Interesting how his (and AZ's) collab with Roland Petit is highlighted, as it's notably a piece where Hourbette's input takes the driver's seat. Wasn't there even some footage available from one of the original choreographic performances of this work?
    They even worked on an album with his daughter
    https://www.discogs.com/Valentine-Pe...elease/3619359

Interesting how his (and AZ's) collab with Roland Petit is highlighted, as it's notably a piece where Hourbette's input takes the driver's seat.
    I also think it is their highest profile gig and they are justifiably simply proud of it.

Wasn't there even some footage available from one of the original choreographic performances of this work?
    The tiny two minutes that exists is on the box set.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.