Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite pre-1987 Whitesnake album?

All in all, WS album covers were pretty terrible. The 10 minute cut and paste job of Ready an' Willing; the Lovehunter pulchritude, the Come and Get It Freudian nightmare, Saints and Sinners was reasonable and Slide It In was more pulchritude. His solo album 'Northwinds' was his best cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I loved Whitesnake back when I was 11-14 years old, i.e. before discovering "experimental" rock music. I can't listen to them anymore, though. Too much painful pre-pubalescent reminiscence to be had.
    Ian Paice had a funny story about the early days of Whitesnake. They were playing in a theater, and Coverdale was acting suggestively, humping the mic stand, etc. Apparently it was part of his act. The bass player turns to Ian and says: David's putting on quite a show for an audience that's all 14-year old boys. Paice said the two of them couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the show.

This has to be kicking some ass, right?

objectively, the voice is incredible, there is harshness, emotion, and depth at the same time. A black voice hijacked by a handsome, British male. And the band, Lord, Paice, Murray and Moody/Marsden, he was a good recruiter to say the least.

Ok, stone me. Maybe I am prejudiced, in Greece he is considered to be some sort of a deity that by accident wasn't born in Olympus. But this primal longing for the female is very close to our psyche...and who has captured it better than old Dave (and Paul Rogers...)