Thread: R.I.P. Mini-Me

R.I.P. Mini-Me

Verne Troyer dead at 49

He was one funny dude in interviews

Good grief... This is sad news. 49 is way too young.

People of his stature usually have some medical issues.
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 04-21-2018 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    People of his stature usually have some medical issues.
    True, sadly. Hate that he's gone though...

Seems to be substance abuse related.

RIP to a man with a fine sense of comedic timing. Apparently he suffered from depression, which might explain the substance abuse.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

From his facebook account -

** It is with great sadness and incredibly heavy hearts to write that Verne passed away today.

Verne was an extremely caring individual. He wanted to make everyone smile, be happy, and laugh. Anybody in need, he would help to any extent possible. Verne hoped he made a positive change with the platform he had and worked towards spreading that message everyday.

He inspired people around the world with his drive, determination, and attitude. On film & television sets, commercial shoots, at comic-con’s & personal appearances, to his own YouTube videos, he was there to
    show everyone what he was capable of doing. Even though his stature was small and his parents often wondered if he’d be able to reach up
    and open doors on his own in his life, he went on to open more doors for himself and others than anyone could have imagined. He also touched more peoples hearts than he will ever know.

Verne was also a fighter when it came to his own battles. Over the years he’s struggled and won, struggled and won, struggled and fought some more, but unfortunately this time was too much.

During this recent time of adversity he was baptized while surrounded by his family. The family appreciates that they have this time to grieve privately.

Depression and Suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another. And always know, it’s never too late to reach out to someone for help.

In lieu of flowers, please feel free to make a donation in Verne’s name to either of his two favorite charities; The Starkey Hearing Foundation and Best Buddies.**

Statement leads me to believe it was a suicide.
    Rest In Peace Verne.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Awfully sad.

Troyer was originally from Southwest Michigan, so he was well known around these parts. Sad news.....

this is so sad.
    I just found out about him lately...