Thread: Prog-Rock Tribute Bulgaria

Prog-Rock Tribute Bulgaria

Hello by myslef! I want to introduce you one project which is honored to some classics prog-bands. And this is the first video. Soon will be more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx5OTarZNy8
    Last edited by Crimsoncrow; 06-14-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Hi Crimsoncrow, welcome to PE. I'm relatively new here myself, but just wanted to thank you for sharing your cover of this classic Genesis song.
    Sounds great, very well done, and I wasn't sure about a female covering the vocals on this classic, but she sounds great.
    Thanks again for sharing, and I wish your group much success.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Hi Top Cat! I am absolute rookie here. Thanks for the nice words and for attention! Soon we will introduce and another prog classics - we all are in big love with this style of music. Later in the year I will introduce my author's music project and all the reviews will be very helpful for the band!
    I have checked link to your Soundcloud page- admiration and respect for all the music that you share!

Is that Armando Gallo with the blue knit hat on?

Well done.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Pretty sure it's not! Did he always wear a blue knit hat?

This is a very nice version - well done!

Banned
    Very well done, look forward to something original. Glad to see this music has some life in Bulgaria!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

Well done.
    Withe special time machine, we have returned back a long time and enter him in this production like drummer and backing vocalist.
    You made it my week smiling. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Pretty sure it's not! Did he always wear a blue knit hat?

This is a very nice version - well done!
    Thanks a lot for the attention! It's very improtant and encouraging for us to see and collect comments from people with special understanding and respect about prog-rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Very well done, look forward to something original. Glad to see this music has some life in Bulgaria!
    Thank you for the nice words! Bulgaria is a little country, but here are people who are very big fans of progressive rock. Unfortunately the rock music is an uderground movement in our country, but this encourage the musicians to be indipendent artist and to make music without any attention on conjuncture.

Hello, again! Here is another cover by our project. I hope that you will enjoy!

Our producer, the multiinstrumentalist George Varamezov by accident was introduce here and like singer. We admire his courage!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The Musical Box cover is really nice! I'll check out the Tull later on. I like everything about the first clip though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsoncrow View Post
    Hello, again! Here is another cover by our project. I hope that you will enjoy!

Our producer, the multiinstrumentalist George Varamezov by accident was introduce here and like singer. We admire his courage!
    Great cover here, and George looks like he's having a lot of fun and does a great job as well as capturing Ian's playfullness.
    Good to see you again Daniel.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    The Musical Box cover is really nice! I'll check out the Tull later on. I like everything about the first clip though.
    Thanks a lot for the nice words and for the attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Great cover here, and George looks like he's having a lot of fun and does a great job as well as capturing Ian's playfullness.
    Good to see you again Daniel.
    I am also glad to see you again, Richard! For all of us this project is a lot of fun and spring of very possitive emotions. George is very calm person in real life, but he is absolutely devoted to the music and on the stage and on the studio field his emotionality arise. We know very well that Ian Anderson is inimitable and idea to make that cover was only to give our honour to the band Jethro Tull.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsoncrow View Post
    Thanks a lot for the nice words and for the attention!
    No, thank you! The Tull song is equally impressive. It's hard to get the vocals but yours were bang on. The musicianship is stellar. I look forward to the next installment.

WOW! As both a musician and the father of 2 adopted Romanian children, it makes me very happy to see that eastern Europe has such superb talent!

Bravo!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    WOW! As both a musician and the father of 2 adopted Romanian children, it makes me very happy to see that eastern Europe has such superb talent!

Bravo!
    Thanks a lot for the nice words! And respect for your decision to adopted orphaned children from Eastern Europe!
    For the good and quality music there are no borders and we have been growed up with the music of Yes, Gentle Giant, King Crimson, Genesis, Jethro Tull, ELP, Van Der Graaf Generator, Kansas and so many other bands...... For me personally the meeting with the music of this bands, Led Zeppelin, Mahavishnu Orchestra and Frank Zappa created big impact in my life!

EXCELLENT!! Lots of energy and the vocals are fantastic. I love it... is this part of a future collaboration cd to be released Daniel?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    EXCELLENT!! Lots of energy and the vocals are fantastic. I love it... is this part of a future collaboration cd to be released Daniel?
    Thank you, Richard! This project, which includes the covers of some of the favorite prog rock bands, will only present itself through the YouTube videos. There are plans in the near future to bring some of these covers to live performances.

Legendary Румен Бояджиев / FSB* ‎– Обичам Те Дотук / I Love You Up To Here

Thread fork: Bulgarian prog?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    The first two albums by Formation Studio Balkanton (aka F.S.B.) are fairly decent, and especially FSB 2 from 1979. They were a state-constructed act with members culled from conservatory circles in Sofia by a local party cultural committee, and their debut (Non-Stop) contains uncredited covers of tunes by Patrick Moraz and Gentle Giant next to self-composed songs. But alas their second one is the better release, and the ones after that are, uh, not recommended.

FSB - Live [Full Concert] (2011)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ZJB3c2q5I

•01. Пак ще се прегърнем
    (м. Александър Бахаров, т. Михаил Белчев)

•02. Не така
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Даниела Кузманова)

•03. Изповед

•04. Пътуване
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, Александър Бахаров, т. Даниела Кузманова)

•05. Нищо не взимай с теб
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Живка Шопова)

•06. Няма как
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Виктор Самуилов)

•07. Както преди

•08. Иде вятър
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Калин Донков)

•09. Параграф

•10. Зимна къща
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Калин Донков)

•11. Случва се

•12. Отговор
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Добри Жотев)

•13. Протегнах две ръце
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Евтим Евтимов)

•14. Обещание
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, Александър Бахаров, т. Владимир Башев)

•15. Не бързай слънчо
    (м. Стефан Кънев, т. Николай Кауфман)

•16. Епизод от романтичен филм
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Александър Бахаров, т. Михаил Белчев)

•17. А там не бяхме

•18. Религия

•19. Обичам те до тук
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Георги Константинов)

•20. Празник

•21. Високо
    (м. Румен Бояджиев, Константин Цеков, т. Евтим Евтимов)

BONUS EGG:

I first discovered F.S.B. about 10 years ago in Vegas after running into some bulgarians. Found an old YT song that was popular back in their day which is a remake of a Le Orme song from the album Smogmagica:

FSB - Sled 10 godini
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhg4-L5rFgI

Le Orme - Smogmagica - Amico Di Ieri
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPW4xcWXLE8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPW4xcWXLE8

FSB* ‎– Обичам Те Дотук / I Love You Up To Here
    Label: UBP International ‎– UBP-042
    Format: CD, Album, Remastered
    Released: 2001
    Genre: Rock, Pop
    Style: Pop Rock, Prog Rock

Discogs link

Looks like a crowd pleaser with shouting fan girls..

Anyone know if FSB can be found online streaming (Bandcamp, Spotify, et. al) or in CD/Vinyl shops let me know.

P.S. I answered my own question after going through the YT link: