Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inventioning (original Anderson Ponty Band) is back

Inventioning (original Anderson Ponty Band) is back

Way back in March of 2014, details were emerging about this new band with Jon Anderson, Jordan Rudess, Jean-Luc Ponty and others, calling themselves Inventioning. There was a website, a logo, a Facebook page and lots of discussion here on PE.

Of course we all know now that it wound up being Ponty’s band with Anderson in the end. Seems the original guitarist and owner of the band name is now taking steps to move forward with the band, this time with Oliver Wakeman on board. Michael Lewis has a patreon site and explains what happened back in 2014 and his new plans for the band:

https://www.patreon.com/Inventioning

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Who is Michael Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Who is Michael Lewis?
    Lewis is/was the guitarist that partnered with Jon A to put the band together in the first place. Again, he explains the origin of what became the Anderson Ponty Band on that Patreon site.

Jordan Rudess in the original Anderson Ponty Band? I can't remember seeing his name anywhere on the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Jordan Rudess in the original Anderson Ponty Band? I can't remember seeing his name anywhere on the CD.
    He didn't make it that far.

I was quite impressed with some previous clips from the project. What's a schedule for the debut album?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    He didn't make it that far.
    I wonder how that combination would have sounded. But perhaps a band with 3 personalities who allready had made a name for themselves would be a bit to much. The endresult was more a Jean Luc Ponty band, augumented with Jon Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    I was quite impressed with some previous clips from the project. What's a schedule for the debut album?
    I think he is trying to raise some funds first at that Patreon site to go ahead with a debut album.

^^^ Did anyone notice that on the Patreon site, they don't just want a contribution, they want a monthly contribution. As much as I love some of Jon Anderson's music, any project that includes his name and the term "per month" is strictly a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    ^^^ Did anyone notice that on the Patreon site, they don't just want a contribution, they want a monthly contribution. As much as I love some of Jon Anderson's music, any project that includes his name and the term "per month" is strictly a no-go.
    I think that's just how Patreon works. Rather than one lump sum, it seems to be typically used as a monthly patron-based system.

However, I agree with you about any project involving Jon Anderson and monthly subscriptions.

was gonna say pretty bold to go with any form of crowdfunding after the Anderson ponty debacle

Wow. I did not notice that. I wouldn't be ready to buy in monthly. Jon A seems to have nothing to do with this, from what I can tell - but he does have Oliver Wakeman in the band and that is of interest to me.

Begone you ever-piercing power-play machine!

/Sorry

I'm confused, someone please clarify this: It seems to me that Jon Anderson is not part of this new record and tour. I'm correct?

Goals: $0 of $25,000 per month
    "At $25,000 we can finish a song and move forward with the music video for that song..."

It seems they need a video right away.

I feel like they are not understanding the difference between Patreon and Gofundme/other project-based crowdfunding sites.

been up for 2 days and no takers not looking too good for them. I do think it is tougher to buy into a patreon of someone you don't really know or necessarily trust to deliver. being the first person to shell in ten bucks a month if no one else does it your out ten or more depending on when you decide it isn't happening. wheras on kickstarter your money is only taken if they reach the end goal.

A $25,000 PER MONTH goal??? I'm thinking they are not being terribly realistic. A per month donation, and you only get the bonus after 12 months. Yeah, I don't think they thought this through very well. The only real recognizable name is Oliver Wakeman, and I'm not really sure that is enough to interest people. Not me, at least (and I like Oliver's work). Well, good luck to them. 3 days and still at zero.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Why waste all that money on a video?
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Why waste all that money on a video?
    Word!

well they have one patron now for a dollar a month so at this rate they will have the first song and video done in 68 years.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    No Anderson, no absurdly overpriced ill-conceived crowdfunding projects.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Bringing together stunning musicians from around the world under a crowd funding project doesn't seem like the best way to get the creative juices flowing? I would rather we chip in for a used van that the band could use to tour small venues and write solid compositions from the experiences they shared together.

But at least the guy who pledged the $1 can have a great time at this event!

P.S. One of the most exciting plans we have now is to host our first annual convention for all our Patreon supporters. It will be in 2019 at a beautiful lake resort in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. More info will be coming for everyone who joins the project.

But at least the guy who pledged the $1 can have a great time at this event!

P.S. One of the most exciting plans we have now is to host our first annual convention for all our Patreon supporters. It will be in 2019 at a beautiful lake resort in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. More info will be coming for everyone who joins the project.
    that is gonna be awesome