Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for friends & fans of Cuneiform

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Will certainly pick up Exterminating Angel to fill a gap in my AKR collection.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The eons are closing
    While I pass on the current offering, I am excited to see the new future, how I can support it AND get great tunage too.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Thanks Steve, I will check it out!

The Smother Party is an essential release in modern progressive rock music. And notice the lack of quotation marks on that.

Great to read this.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Great!!!

I got a couple.

Yep, Exterminating Angel is mine, with gratitude
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Wow, totally digging 'the smother party'[emoji106]

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Wow, totally digging 'the smother party'[emoji106]
    Yeah, had that one for a couple of years, quite excellent. It's probably my favorite of the three I own from the attached. I love Alec's stuff, Sister Death is probably my favorite, fortunately I've got to see them live a couple of times in the last couple of years and will again at RIO this year.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

A bit more:

we are currently taking pre-orders on a high-resolution version of Steve Tibbett's very fine, self titled, first album.

It will be released on May 4.

and

we will be releasing a pair of closely related CDs (yes, we got dragged back in - at least a little bit. It's hard to say 'no' to people you really like and who really want to work with you, even though you have told them you're a spent force) on June 8.

More news on them soon.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    we will be releasing a pair of closely related CDs (yes, we got dragged back in - at least a little bit. It's hard to say 'no' to people you really like and who really want to work with you, even though you have told them you're a spent force) on June 8.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

^ ^ ^ ^

exactly
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

There may be some life yet in that deceased equine.

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Great news! I liked the sample tracks. I'll be preordering both digital releases on Bandcamp, but I have to wait until after the memorial day weekend to do so.

Deus Ex Machina - Devoto

Deus Ex Machina - Cinque
    https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/cinque

Deus Ex Machina - Imparis
    https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/imparis

Would like to get the DVD/Blu-Ray for this concert! Is it available on your site?

Stuff I bought 20 years ago (either from Of Sound Mind, Laser's Edge, or Greg Walker)

Doctor Nerve - Skin
    https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/skin

Great to hear this album again without going through my garage stored CDs. I lent this to a computer programmer geek who could work and listen to music at the same time and he loved it. The closest thing for a Zappa fan that also liked metal.

Doctor Nerve with the Sirius String Quartet - Ereia
    https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ereia

I remember being bored with this and did not give it a chance listening to the whole album.

Happy Family - Toscco
    https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/toscco

Amazing Japanese band, are there any comparable bands these days making this kind of complex aggressive music?

BB Code dump:
    Code:
    Deus Ex Machina - Devoto

Could not get a smaller thumbnail for the bandcamp album covers...

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

"excerpts from Chapel Hill [USA 1996]" ... cool, didn't know that there was a release of this, I saw the opening clip that Peter Renfro posted on the ProgDay FB group.

Also forgot about Thinking Plague "In Extremis" which I eventually traded and turned on a metal fan into RIO...SleepyTime Gorilla Museum wasn't that on your label? Saw them in Kansas City, MO circa 2002 in a club called the Hurricane...was almost as good as seeing DeM play ProgDay '96 ~ the ballsy energy & passion

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Oops, I thought he was looking for Devoto CD, I guess it was the many Devoto graphics that threw me!

Been buying some of the music you've been making available, both full price and your great weekend $5 titles. Picked up the Tibbetts in high res a couple weeks back and love it!

I'd respectfully suggest that it might also be worth releasing more music in high res at bandcamp, so,you make the bucks, if you can easily create high res.

I'm thinking, for example, the two Yo Miles! albums you released as SACD Hybrid...surely that means you have access to the high res versions? I know they're DSD, but converting to PCM is not a huge deal, is it?

Anyway, just a thought, Steve. I've been buying a fair bit of high res and there are definitely some cuneiform titles I'd love if available in HR,....
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I'd respectfully suggest that it might also be worth releasing more music in high res at bandcamp, so,you make the bucks, if you can easily create high res.

I'm thinking, for example, the two Yo Miles! albums you released as SACD Hybrid...surely that means you have access to the high res versions? I know they're DSD, but converting to PCM is not a huge deal, is it?
    Hi John

Thanks for the note.

The things we DO have in hi-res, I am putting up in high res.

I have NO audio equipment so, for example, turning DSD to PCM is beyond my capabilities, and the costs of hiring a professional to do it would eat up the relatively small amount of money that most hi-res brings in.

But thanks and we will continue to offer as much high res as we easily / inexpensively can and, of course, we will continue the $5.00 weekend sales, which get a VERY strong response and, with BandCamp’s low fees, make the bands close to as much money as the same release sold on iTunes for $10!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Hi John

Thanks for the note.

The things we DO have in hi-res, I am putting up in high res.

I have NO audio equipment so, for example, turning DSD to PCM is beyond my capabilities, and the costs of hiring a professional to do it would eat up the relatively small amount of money that most hi-res brings in.

But thanks and we will continue to offer as much high res as we easily / inexpensively can and, of course, we will continue the $5.00 weekend sales, which get a VERY strong response and, with BandCamp’s low fees, make the bands close to as much money as the same release sold on iTunes for $10!!
    Understood...and this is all great news, Steve, truly!
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Glad to hear the $5 weekend sales are going well, I pretty much pick up most of those I don't already have through them, and they are fun waiting to see what will come out each week.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Glad to hear the $5 weekend sales are going well, I pretty much pick up most of those I don't already have through them, and they are fun waiting to see what will come out each week.
    Seconded [emoji106]