Thread: PRESS RELEASE --WARRIOR ON THE EDGE OF TIME__HAWKWIND --PRESS RELEASE

PRESS RELEASE --WARRIOR ON THE EDGE OF TIME__HAWKWIND --PRESS RELEASE

PRESS RELEASE…PRESS RELEASE…PRESS RELEASE…
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 13th FEBRUARY 2013

HAWKWIND
    Warrior on the Edge of Time

Atomhenge, the Cherry Red Records label managed by Esoteric Recordings, the home of the entire HAWKWIND catalogue released between 1975 and 1997, are very pleased to announce that the classic HAWKWIND album “WARRIOR ON THE EDGE OF TIME”
    will be released in May 2013 as a newly remastered edition from the original stereo master tapes. Atomhenge label manager Mark Powell said; “Contrary to popular myth, the master tapes of this classic album were never lost. They remained in the United Artists vaults. The Atomhenge reissue will be the first ever CD edition to be taken from the original first generation master tapes. All previous editions have been taken from vinyl transfers or inferior copy master tapes”.

Aside from a single disc remastered edition, there will be two other expanded editions of the album. Mark Powell adds; “I’m extremely pleased to say that Steven Wilson has mixed the album into a stunning 5.1 Surround Sound mix from the original multi-track master tapes and has also undertaken a new stereo mix of the album which has an amazing depth and clarity whilst remaining faithful to the original release. “Warrior” is one of THE classic albums of the 1970s and is a land-mark album in Hawkwind’s history. The forthcoming reissues will do justice this magnificent record”.

Full details of the editions of “Warrior” will be announced in the coming weeks.
    Cherry Red managing director, Adam Velasco added; “The album “Warrior on the Edge of Time” has been unavailable officially on CD for many years and it is our intention to make the forthcoming releases definitive editions in terms of audio remastering (from the original master tapes), content and packaging”.

Hawkwind will be touring in April 2013 performing WARRIOR ON THE EDGE OF TIME, with further dates planned later in the year. Confirmed dates are:

Saturday 30th March – Sunday 31st March
    HawkEaster, Seaton Devon
    Tuesday 2nd April - Cardiff The Coal Exchange
    Wednesday 3rd April - Bath Komedia
    Friday 5th April - Preston 53 Degrees
    Saturday 6th April - Hawkwind headline Hard Rock Hell (HRH) Prog
    Sunday 7th April - Norwich Epic Centre

Visit www.hawkwind.com for further details
    Last edited by Esoteric; 02-13-2013 at 11:48 AM.

AMAZING NEWS!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Fantastic! My favorite Hawkwind of all time...got it on vinyl early 70's and looking forward to this.
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Ooooooh yeah!

I can finally ditch my "Rock Fever" boot for something legit. I can't wait to see the options on this one either. I've been so impressed with Atomhenge releases, I am completely stoked about this release.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

thank you very much!!

Lino
    Sensational news.

This is fantastic news. Now I'm eagerly waiting for details of all available formats. I'm certain it will be the usual excellent Esoteric job, with the new Wilson mixes the icing on the cake for all the fans who've waited for years to see this done justice....or even just re-released.