Thread: Samadhi- an amazing band from Argentina

Samadhi- an amazing band from Argentina

I found this great band while I was browsing albums on YouTube a few days ago. They've only released one album, but I feel it doesn't really feel like it has a bad track. A few years ago, they were on a list to tour with Opeth, but didn't make it. I feel that they give off a lot of Tool vibes. Anyways, this is my personal favorite track off the album. https://youtu.be/scBjJglc9EI

online from time to time Czyszy's Avatar
    Video Unavailable.
    BTW I've just stumbled upon an Italian prog band named Samadhi (one of the very rare good YT Algorithm recs) and I was delighted to find that the music kicked ass!

Check this out! There's even a bassoon solo there!
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

I had a great time exploring the journey of Italian guitarist Nanni Civitenga. He wasn't the lead mover of any project he was involved with, but he always chose intriguing projects to hang his hat on. RRR were one of the more underrated bands of the first wave of Italian prog. The Samadhi album is an interesting late-bloomer album that mixes the PFM formula with Ennio Morricone-like film music; even more underrated. Then he went onto the equally short-lived Arpaderba, who offered up an unprecedented blend of Mediterranean folk themes, progressive rock and minimalistic electronics. It kind of feels like a precursor to Minimum Vital, but it has its own flavor that's totally unique.
    Last edited by Progbear; 04-29-2023 at 08:05 PM.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

I -adore- that Samadhi record.

There really wasn't that much around to match its style; orchestral jazz-pop/rock of firm measure in detail and nuance. Luciano Regoli was a splendid singer whose ecstatic voice sounded just as home here as it did with the awesome but totally different RRR record.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Both the Samadhi and the RRR albums are must haves of classic Italo Prog.

RRR do even still exist (more or less)

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    I love the Italian Samadhi. It was one of my first RPI albums I bought through mail order. It didn't initially click with me, but it's a great piece of art with great vocals by Regoli. Some Big Band/ Jazz influences as well.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."