Thread: EDENSONG US/Canada Tour Kicks off this week. New Live Album Release

EDENSONG US/Canada Tour Kicks off this week. New Live Album Release

Hey All, Just wanted to let you know about our upcoming tour. We're pumped to be playing again and heading out on tour with our brand new drummer and koto player. Hope to see some of you on the road. Press release and tour dates below. Thanks!

From Freeman Promotions:

EDENSONG Adds Additional US Tour Dates
    Exclusive Live Album "YITGOY live at Terra Incognita" Available on Tour Only

(PLEASE GET IN TOUCH FOR PREVIEW AND COVERAGE OPPORTUNITIES!)
    New York progressive rockers EDENSONG are gearing up for a North American in April and their first European tour in October, which includes a performance at the esteemed Summers End Progressive Rock Festival in Wales. The band just added some additional dates and have confirmed support acts for the upcoming shows. A complete list of dates can be found below.

US TOUR DATES
    4/13 Boston, MA @ The Lilypad with Ben Levin (of Bent Knee) and the Ben Levin Group
    4/14 Burlington, VT @ The Monkey House with Zeus Springstreen
    4/15 Quebec City, QC @ Centre d'art la Chapelle with the Night Watch
    4/16 Ottawa, ON @ Cafe Dekcuf with the Night Watch and Pantomime
    4/17 Albany, NY @ The Savoy Taproom (Free Show)
    4/19 New York, NY @ DROM with Stratospheerius and 2Birds Band
    4/20 Nyack, NY @ Olive's with Stratospheerius and Thrilldriver

UK TOUR DATES
    10/5 - Chepstow, UK (Summers End Festival)
    10/9 - Southampton, UK (The Talking Heads)
    10/10 - Leicester, UK (The Musician)

"We're all so pumped for these shows! This new lineup of the band has been a great excuse to re-imagine our set. We're bringing back some old school EDENSONG classics. We're unveiling some brand new songs! We're also putting a new spin on the YITGOY material that we've been focusing on these past few years. The bands we're playing with are incredible and it's an honor to play with these guys: Ben Levin, the Nightwatch, Stratospheerius and more! These are gonna be great nights of music", says frontman James Byron Schoen

As a special treat to all fans attending the upcoming shows, EDENSONG will have an exclusive live album for sale, that will only be available at the gigs. The new live album "YITGOY live at Terra Incognita" features EDENSONG's complete May 2017 performance of their critically acclaimed concept album Years in the Garden of Years at the Terra Incognita festival in Quebec City. This exclusive live album is only available directly from the band at the shows on this tour and includes a digital download of a hi-res video of the entire concert. Quantities are very limited.

Of the exclusive live release James Byron Schoen says "This was a very special performance for the band and I'm thrilled that we were able to capture it in such detail. We've been fortunate enough to play the Terra Incognita festival twice, and while our first performance there is also one of my favorite EDENSONG gigs, I think that this 2017 performance is really the peak of what we achieved with our 2009-2017 lineup. I didn't know at the time that this would be one of our last shows together, so it's all a bit bittersweet for me. I think we brought a ton of energy and emotional presence and just really enjoyed the moment and the fantastic Quebecois prog audience. For me, it's a very fitting tribute to the end of an EDENSONG era."

Recently EDENSONG announced the addition of drummer Nicholas DiGregorio and koto player Kento Iwasaki to the band roster. The duo joins the eclectic lineup of James Byron Schoen (vocals/guitar), TD Towers (bass/vocals) and Barry Seroff (flute), following the departures of Tony Waldman (drums) and Stefan Paolini (keyboards) last year after a successful North American tour. DiGregorio, a dear friend of the band for twenty years who has a background in jazz and improvisational drumming, and Iwasaki, a koto player and composer who is at home playing anything from traditional Japanese music to jazz and modern pop, further expand the sonic palette of EDENSONG, a band already known for its constantly evolving sound.

EDENSONG have headlined shows around North America, played at prestigious progressive rock festivals such as RoSfest, Progtoberfest, Progday, 3RP, and Terra Incognita, and supported diverse acts including Kings X, Ozric Tentacles, Pain of Salvation, Neal Morse, and Anglagard. They have been called "a great example of the contemporary face of progressive rock" by Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson. EDENSONG's latest release, a concept album entitled Years in the Garden of Years, and called a "masterpiece" by critics, was released in 2016 on Laser's Edge. Stream the full album HERE .

For More Info Visit:
    http://www.edensongtheband.com
    http://www.facebook.com/edensongtheband
    http://edensong.bandcamp.com

Thanks for the tip, James, I'll see you at the Albany show. Great cocktails and food at the Savoy.
    --William

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Great cocktails and food at the Savoy.
    --William
    That's what i've been told...i'll find out tuesday

Gotta say, I'm looking forward to food/drinks at that spot as well! The menu looks excellent. See you guys down there!

Tonight on Infinite Ceiling I'll have an interview with James Bryon Schoen of Edensong about the upcoming tour

https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/112/37118.html

Infinite Ceiling - Thurs 20:30-22:00 est
    CKCU FM 93.1 in Ottawa, http://ckcufm.com
    MP3 streaming - http://ckcufm.com/listen

http://www.facebook.com/infiniteceilingCKCU

CKCU FM 93.1 in Ottawa, http://ckcufm.com
    MP3 streaming - http://ckcufm.com/listen

That was fun, Mark! Thanks! Hope to see some folks in Boston tonight for our show with Ben Levin of Bent Knee!

4/13 Boston, MA @ The Lilypad with Ben Levin (of Bent Knee) and the Ben Levin Group
    4/14 Burlington, VT @ The Monkey House with Zeus Springstreen
    4/15 Quebec City, QC @ Centre d'art la Chapelle with the Night Watch
    4/16 Ottawa, ON @ Cafe Dekcuf with the Night Watch and Pantomime
    4/17 Albany, NY @ The Savoy Taproom (Free Show)
    4/19 New York, NY @ DROM with Stratospheerius and 2Birds Band
    4/20 Nyack, NY @ Olive's with Stratospheerius and Thrilldriver

Been a really fun tour so far despite the snow and ice following us throughout the northeast and Canada. Thanks to all who have come out to support! Hope to see some NYC area folks at DROM in the city tomorrow night or Olive's up in Nyack on Friday.

Highly enjoyed the show at the Savoy, and I liked the new material. Kento adds a lot to the sound and I was impressed by Nick as well. Late show for a schoolnight!

I forgot to grab the new live CD, are you planning to make that available eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post

I forgot to grab the new live CD, are you planning to make that available eventually?
    Thanks so much for coming down. Glad for the positive feedback. I still don't know if we'll end up doing a wider release for the live album. It's really limited edition thing, but I've had a few people ask me about it so I'm happy to send some copies personally. Shoot me an e-mail to edensongtheband@gmail.com and we can certainly working something out. Thanks again!

agreed that it was a really good show. stayed up past my bedtime, but it was worth it.

highly encourage others to check out the remaining dates on the tour because

a. great to support the band
    b. good to show venues that people will come out for shows like this, and they should book more

i never left a show before and thought "the koto could have been a bit higher in the mix"

Thanks, Ken! I enjoyed chatting with you before the show. Yeah, the koto is the trickiest instrument to reinforce properly since it's quiet and feeds back quickly. We'll keep refining.

For those near NYC, come on down to DROM tonight. It's gonna be a fun night. We go on at 10, Stratospheerius at 11.

Caught the final night of the tour in Nyack. James was having vocal issues as he could hardly speak a word to me pre-show. Bummer. That said the new lineup and presentation was really strong as I'd imagine they'd really been on a tear with all the shows they played in a row. Nice addition with the koto and the drummer is a monster. We kind of "came up" with Edensong over the last decade, seeing each other at many of the same festivals, playing some of them together as well so it's nice to see the band still at it and rolling with the changes.

Thanks, Rob! Good to see you. My voice has since come back but I've had a bad cough ever since. It's definitely a downside of trying to do these tours on a shoestring budget. We're often traveling at crazy hours and only staying places where we can crash with friends etc. so we all end up pretty run down. On the plus side, it means we get to play music every night...

Next stop, UK!

In other news, I'm excited to hear the new 3RDegree record (out today!)

Not many things of interest (prog-wise) come through Vermont, but apparently when it rains it pours. I believe the Burlington, VT show was the same night as Dweezil Zappa in Stowe, VT. But it was all a moot point for me since I was 800+ miles to the south on vacation.
    <sig out of order>

Yeah, we seemed to have a pretty similarly itinerary to Dweezil. I think our Canadian shows overlapped as well. I guess it's better to have too much prog than not enough?