Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost-"new" vocalist introduced

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crimson King View Post
    Ghost is satanic garbage. Their music is melodic and catchy somewhat, but nothing special. Their gimmick will bite them in the @$$ in ways they don’t yet imagine.
    What ways do you mean? Are you suggesting that any entertainment that deals with "Satanic imagery" is a mistake? Because there are lots of classic novels and short stories, lots of visual art, etc. that also involve Satanic imagery. Do you think there's something inherently wrong with that, or is it only Ghost that's doomed? (As I've said before, I think they inject a lot of humor into their work. That seems obvious.)

I would imagine your user name "The Crimson King" implies you don't have a general problem with the idea of using Satanic imagery in art.

Ghost is satanic garbage. Their music is melodic and catchy somewhat, but nothing special. Their gimmick will bite them in the @$$ in ways they don’t yet imagine.
    I don't think they are any more satanic than Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult (whom they remind me of a lot) or quite a few other bands that have used similar gimmick's over the years, but who knows I guess. Like Jed, I think their "act" is very much played as a joke (especially live), and I think they write catchy music. I am one of those people who can enjoy Ghost and artists like Neal Morse equally, so that probably makes me rather odd .

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I don't think they are any more satanic than Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult (whom they remind me of a lot) or quite a few other bands that have used similar gimmick's over the years, but who knows I guess. Like Jed, I think their "act" is very much played as a joke (especially live), and I think they write catchy music. I am one of those people who can enjoy Ghost and artists like Neal Morse equally, so that probably makes me rather odd .
    I haven't heard a note of Ghost (I'll rectify that), but I thought I was the only one who really digs acts like Opeth and Theocracy about evenly. Odd indeed...
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

“Chapter III” was posted on their YT page. Weird.

I can't get this Rats tune out my head! Singin' it each day at work That riff at the end is so killer I want it to keep going..."rrrrrrrrrats!"
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

^ yep!

I got some notification today of what I thought was a new chapter in their story, but can’t find it. Anyone? I hate those notifications that disappear too quickly.

Managed to find it - just a one-minute promo for the tour, nothing special except a shot of a toddler made up like Papa. That’s kind of f’d up!
    Last edited by JKL2000; 05-11-2018 at 12:16 AM.

First full listen to Prequelle today. Overall, it just seems too lightweight for me. A few great songs, the instrumentals aren’t bad. But there are a few songs that are just too ABBA. But I’ll give it more time.

I do like that the instrumental parts that are used in a couple of the promo videos are on the album - I like those.

This has grown on me more each listen. I like the heavy too and the first few tunes start out with a bang. Great choruses throughout (exception being the super cheesy "don't you forget about dying. Don't you forget about your friend death..." from 'Pre Memoria' ). I like it enough, but prefer the first half. Altough I think the closer is real strong.

Their first and 'Meliora' are still by far my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    This has grown on me more each listen. I like the heavy too and the first few tunes start out with a bang. Great choruses throughout (exception being the super cheesy "don't you forget about dying. Don't you forget about your friend death..." from 'Pre Memoria' ). I like it enough, but prefer the first half. Altough I think the closer is real strong.

Their first and 'Meliora' are still by far my favorites.
    Interesting, I like that "don't you forget about dying..." part! I guess I really need to listen to the album again, because as I look at the track listing I think there are only about two songs that I don't like so much. But maybe those will grow on me too.

WAH?

Old post but I have to reply - do you understand that "The Crimson King" is a name for the devil? Or are you joking? Doesn't sound like it - but well....

v

I wondered the same thing, and asked what he meant, but he was never able to willing to explain.

New interview with Tobias Forge. Pretty interesting. Seems like a pretty cool down to earth dude.

New interview with Tobias Forge. Pretty interesting. Seems like a pretty cool down to earth dude.
    Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing that. This band is a lot of fun...gotta see 'em live sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing that. This band is a lot of fun...gotta see 'em live sometime.
    They are a lot of fun live. Totally take the piss on their image. I have tickets to see them again in October.

Ghost-"new" vocalist introduced

Mama Mia! I just saw an image of Papa Emeritus in a reflection on a pillow!

A new one:

HILARIOUS!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

A new one:
    7" Of Satanic Panic

Brilliant video! pretty amazing they do this retro psych band thing and still sound like Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    7" Of Satanic Panic

Brilliant video! pretty amazing they do this retro psych band thing and still sound like Ghost.
    I have only listened to the song a couple of times, but already I can't get it out of my head.

Saw Ghost in Grand Rapids Michigan last night. Absolutely fantastic show. Their production has really ramped up since the last time I saw them with a great light show, pyro, smoke, costume changes, and theatrics. The band has expanded to a 8 piece with 3 guitars, bass, 2 keyboards, drums, and vocals. These guys put on a good old fashioned over the top rock n roll show. The audience was all over the place from little kids to people older than me (and I am 58). What a blast. If you are into this band I would definitely recommend this tour.

Here is some pretty good video from last night's show:

They seem to be avoiding the NY area on this tour. I'd love to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    They seem to be avoiding the NY area on this tour. I'd love to see them.
    They seem to favor the sticks. Their only California date was Bakersfield.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

These guys should tour with Blue Oyster Cult as their opener.

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    These guys should tour with Blue Oyster Cult as their opener.
    I wore my Blue Oyster Cult On Tour Forever T-shirt to the show. I saw at least one other BOC shirt, and lots of of other bands. Ghost draws a really diverse crowd.