Page 1 of 150 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball 2013 - Discussion

Major League Baseball 2013 - Discussion

Training camp is beginning, so it's time to kick this new season off.

Biggest stories of the offseason were the acquisition sprees of the Dodgers and Blue Jays with the continued fire sale from the Marlins. The Angels got Josh Hamilton to bolster an impressive lineup.

And the looming story going into 2013 could lead to impending suspension for such players like Gio Gonzalez, Nelson Cruz, and A-Rod, and could reach further with Braun, etc.

And to go full circle, Melky will be playing for the Blue Jays. Is he being rewarded for his actions?

Go.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I guess I'm going to become a Red Sox fan this season as that is where I'll be living and I typically adopt the home team. I've always been a Yankees hater so I should fit right in.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm looking forward to a long, painful season with the Phillies.

Ruben Amaro just seems so out of touch with how good teams are constructed these days. While the Braves were constructing possibly the best outfield in baseball, we're going with Delmon Young and Domonic Brown.

It's not a good time to be a Philly sports fan.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    Looking forward to playing "Where will Johan end up?!"
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I have to admit to being overly optimistic (not something I'm generally accused of) about the Royals this year.

meimjustalawnmower
    Upton, Upton, Heyward.

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    I have to admit to being overly optimistic (not something I'm generally accused of) about the Royals this year.
    So, what actually constitutes optimism for Royals fans? Third place?

Cardinals fever already in full swing - just picked up three of my jerseys from the dry cleaner, (Brock, Carpenter, Molina)

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

meimjustalawnmower
    Bourn goes to Cleveland? Sheesh! They musta been the only team to let him have a personal hotel suite for road games.

Fuckin' Boras.

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    Bourn goes to Cleveland? Sheesh! They musta been the only team to let him have a personal hotel suite for road games.

Fuckin' Boras.
    you gotta give it to Boras, he knows how to milk every cent out of dollar. Typical Mets... A few minutes ago, Wilpon Sr. Announced that The Mets financial situation is now well behind them and things will be different in the upcoming years...
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

I can't stand Boras.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

meimjustalawnmower
    Well, I'm not sure if Boras was working for Bourn's best interest or not, unless Bourn is not particular to playing for a competing team. The Indians? Really?

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck AzEee! View Post
    A few minutes ago, Wilpon Sr. Announced that The Mets financial situation is now well behind them and things will be different in the upcoming years...
    Yes...the Wilpons will finally sell. Thank God.

Well, I'm not sure if Boras was working for Bourn's best interest or not, unless Bourn is not particular to playing for a competing team. The Indians? Really?
    Boras only ever has one interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    So, what actually constitutes optimism for Royals fans? Third place?
    Hey now!

MLB Network had a history of the Reds special yesterday, other than the Braves, you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger bunch of playoff failures

They were lucky to beat the R Sox in 75, swept the Jankees in 76 and other than 90 haven't been back despite mondo playoff appearances

Very cool segment later in the evening with Sean Casey talking about how he recruited an available free agent, (whose name escapes me), telling him what a great city it is and about Skyline Chili

The dude opted for Boston, likely in no small part to his "Skyline" pitch!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Apparently, that '76 sweep by the Reds had a lot to do with the Yankees being hung over after celebrating that dramatic Chris Chambliss walk-off HR win in the playoffs against... hmmm, who was that now?

Maybe, but that Reds team was pretty stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Yes...the Wilpons will finally sell. Thank God.
    Thomas we could be so lucky...
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

The eons are closing
    I am saving my pennies; by the time Jeff and Fred are done messing things up; these pennies might help me buy 'em out of auction!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Sure, that's my point exactly

The roster was stacked to the max, with Sparky as a manager and they were lucky to win it all twice IMO

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    No doubt. They were the better team.

Upton, Upton, Heyward.
    Yup.

A full season of Braves baseball is just what I need.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

So I'm really in love with hockey right now, and my first love was always football though I'm souring on that right now.

I've come to realize in the past two or three years that baseball is my favorite sport. The D-backs really helped me realize that. Being 20 minutes from the 'park and seeing their games every day, no matter what coast they were on, really helped solidify my love for baseball--oh, that and fantasy baseball. And probably having summer's off.

I'm guessing Brian is with me, but does anyone else just love baseball more than any other sport?

And, shit, I'm really going to miss going to spring training games this year.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.