Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Dorner

Oh, come on, Kerry! I can see the wallet in that picture!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Later today I might review the breaking news reports that I DVR'd when this was happening live. When KCAL reporter Carter Evans let his cell phone broadcast live audio from the shootout, I recall hearing some police officers yell "Let's burn it" or something to that effect. Since then, the news has replayed an edited version that does not contain that segment and that also bleeps out the cops yelling at the reporter to "Get the fuck out of here!"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Since Kay is on oxygen, I do know that oxygen tanks are quite flammable and can cause explosions. Maybe he did have them and.......??

I am not familiar with the particular details of Donner's SCUBA gear, but most SCUBA tanks are filled with clean compressed air (~80% Nitrogen + ~20% Oxygen) and not pure oxygen like the ones used for medical applications. If that was the case with Donner, there was very little or no chance of an explosion due to an oxygen fueled fire.

More clarification is always a good thing.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Jefferson James
    "I'm peeking thru the fence....and I see O'Jay...."

Jefferson James
    "Burn it down!"

meimjustalawnmower
    Most of this confirms my suspicions. You can read into it however you want.

http://news.yahoo.com/repeated-gaffe...090541407.html

Jefferson James
    Nothing to read into anything -- the guy was a fuck-up, pure and simple. Oh, and a cold-blooded cop killer/murderer as well. Anyone who tries to steal a boat and gets the mooring lines entangled in the propeller isn't really all that bright. I mean, that was basically the dude's first move -- steal a boat and go to Mexico. He blew it from the start. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Edit: Then again, the dude was in plain sight hiding literally yards from the command post; perhaps he wasn't the only one suffering brain damage.

Lastly, in the Yahoo article it states:

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo
    Sheriff's deputies were not trying to burn down the cabin with Dorner inside but simply flush him out, McMahon said. "It was not on purpose," he told reporters Wednesday. "We did not intentionally burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner out."
    This statement conflicts with what is clearly heard from the live recordings of the firefight at the cabin ie. burn it down.
    Last edited by Jefferson James; 02-14-2013 at 06:39 PM.

It's just been reported that dental records have confirmed that it was, indeed, Dorner in the cabin.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post

Lastly, in the Yahoo article it states:

This statement conflicts with what is clearly heard from the live recordings of the firefight at the cabin ie. burn it down.
    Of course.

You really think the LAPD is going admit that they probably put a bounty on this guy's head?

"We did not intentionally burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner out."

That statement could be 100% true...maybe they didn't want him to get out. Plenty of people I've talked to seem to think that was only natural, so why wouldn't the police go ahead and do it openly?

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Of course.

You really think the LAPD is going admit that they probably put a bounty on this guy's head?
    What difference does it make? This asshole was at war with the cops. He killed four, including two of their own, and was engaged in a gun battle. Maybe in a perfect world he would have come out of the house with guns blazing, so there would be no question about if or how he died. So fuck that piece of shit. I don't care if he burned alive, and I hope every cop on the scene gets a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    What difference does it make?
    Well, you know, some people probably still believe in due process.

Just sayin'

meimjustalawnmower
    Well, you know, some people probably still believe in due process.

Just sayin'
    That was entirely up to Dorner. He chose another option.

Just sayin'.

You people are going to believe the LAPD? One of the most corrupt organizations on the planet? why didn't they want him alive? He had issues but also reasons for the issues. Cops are not perfect and should be more pure than Caesar's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    bag of hammers! great Oh brother where art thou reference! Yeah, Murder can be cool - if you think like an idiot. He's had his 15 minutes. He should be down under, pushin up wheat for the hungry... (name that reference!)

Max Webster

Let's rename the guy Chris Dorker
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

What I don't get is why the guy didn't just look for a good attorney instead of going on a rampage. I'm sure that some labor law attorney (a high profile one) would have been all over this. It's SoCal, it's racially charged, it involves the LAPD. Some lawyer (or a whole firm of lawyers) would be all over this, you'd think. Now, the guy obviously must've really been so enraged that he made the decision that he was gonna die, and he was gonna take out a few cops before it's all over. It was a lot more than just being mad at cops, or being fired. At the same time, I think he probably had a conscience. He could have slaughtered more people. He could've murdered the couple at the cabin. He didn't though. Now, before the eyes start rolling, no I don't feel sorry for the guy. You don't kill innocent people just because you're mad at the world. If he was intent on killing he should've just targeted the cops that he felt wronged him. I'm not condoning cops being murdered, ok? All I'm saying is, if you're some tough guy, who wants to go on rampage to get even with those who've wronged you, go after THEM, don't go killing innocent people (cops and civilians).

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    What I don't get is why the guy didn't just look for a good attorney instead of going on a rampage. I'm sure that some labor law attorney (a high profile one) would have been all over this. It's SoCal, it's racially charged, it involves the LAPD. Some lawyer (or a whole firm of lawyers) would be all over this, you'd think. .

Define "good attoney" .... One that's friendly with most of the judges??? Lawyers are about as crooked as they come (remember those lawyer jokes in the mid-80's??).... they haggle behind their clients' back if the opponent simply "can't lose", even ready to lose the case...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    remember those lawyer jokes in the mid-80's??
    Shakespeare had 'em beat by a few centuries: "First thing we do is kill all the lawyers."

Shucks, he died.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Jefferson James
    I think what a lot of people are failing to understand is how the actions of the LAPD in this situation could result in a similar scenario as the King beating ie. a catalyst for uprising. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Sorry to crosspost from another thread, but the other thread was closed because it was no longer needed.

However, Yodelgoat quoted me as saying the following:

JKL2000: "I always listen to what the news media reports. They are so superior and smart, and they have no agenda, and if they ever made anything appear to be something its not, their pants would all catch fire."

I don't know what it means, but let it suffice to say, I didn't say this and Yodelgoat either fabricated it or attributed someone else's quote to me.

Read It

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    What I don't get is why the guy didn't just look for a good attorney instead of going on a rampage.
    Did you read Dorner's manifesto?

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2101902...about-slayings

Scott Bails, during the gun battle, I commented to my girlfriend, "If he's killed, say goodbye to the reward $$". This happens far too many times. Do some research and you will find some people who are owed monies from a reward obtaining lawyers and fighting for that money for years.