Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Dorner

meimjustalawnmower
    FOX is trying to get some extra mileage by suggesting that the body is not Dorner. I think it's meant to be a distraction.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Then what are you referring to?

No one will admit it publicly, because it's not PC, but everyone on that force, from administrators on down, wanted that guy dead. No one wanted to bring him in, they wanted him dead.

If they brought him in, then his story about how he was wronged and about how corrupt the LAPD is would become the story. Now, they'll do a pro forma investigation to get the media off their backs and the story goes away.
    Yeah, but that's what you think. Doesn't mean it's true. And it really doesn't matter anyway, because Dorner had options other than to kill four people and practically putting the entire State of California on lockdown for two weeks. Once he chose that option, then everything was off the table. So fuck him, and bless our men and women in blue.

Oh, I agree that he dug his own grave.

I just don't understand your statement.

And I'll agree by saying "bless our men and women in blue with integrity."

Again, I think that he probably had some valid points.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

meimjustalawnmower
    Oh, I agree that he dug his own grave. I just don't understand your statement.
    My statement being that it would be in the best interest of the public and the police to take the guy alive, and while you may disagree, I don't subscribe to some others' beliefs that every cop is corrupt, and if there was any suggestion of such then why would the LAPD use a high profile situation to attract even more attention? It doesn't make sense.

I agree that it's in the best interest of the public to take the guy alive.

I completely disagree that the police would think it's in their best interest to take him alive.

That's not saying that every cop is corrupt - just that they don't want to be under the microscope. Otherwise they would completely welcome and cooperate with Internal Affairs and other internal investigations.

And they're not going to get more attention now - that's the whole point. Now the attention is on whether the guy in the cabin was actually him. Everyone has forgotten what set him off in the first place, and he's not here to make it an issue anymore.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

meimjustalawnmower
    I agree that it's in the best interest of the public to take the guy alive.

I completely disagree that the police would think it's in their best interest to take him alive.

That's not saying that every cop is corrupt - just that they don't want to be under the microscope. Otherwise they would completely welcome and cooperate with Internal Affairs and other internal investigations.

And they're not going to get more attention now - that's the whole point. Now the attention is on whether the guy in the cabin was actually him. Everyone has forgotten what set him off in the first place, and he's not here to make it an issue anymore.
    Dude, this ain't some TV cop drama. Internal Affairs? Give me a fucking break. The whole goddamned world saw this thing unfold. No one has forgotten anything. Dorner's supposed argument - legitimate or otherwise - went away the moment that he murdered a human being, so in effect he sealed his own fate. There was going to be no chance of redemption after that point. So even if he lived, it wouldn't make any more difference than what prison he would have to live out his life in. The discussion re police corruption will always exist.

meimjustalawnmower
    Chris Dorner did nothing to help his own case except to convince a buncha looney toons that he was some sorta anti-hero. He might get a made-for-television movie starring LL Cool J, and that'll be it.

I've yet to read/hear any positive confirmation that the charred remains in the cabin have been confirmed to be Dorner. Now, before people start rolling their eyes, yes, I'd say it's probably Dorner's charred remains (99 percent probability), but I've yet to see or read anything positively IDing it as him. If the guy was fried to a crisp and totally unrecognizable, then okay, do your DNA/forensic stuff. But I'd think they could probably recognize him right away if he wasn't fried to a crackley crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    They had to stop this guy, and yes, had to use deadly force. Arrest him? Why, so he can get a team of lawyers and he could spread more of his inane messages, and spur on these idiots supporting him? No, he does not make a good point about the LAPD, he's just a flat out nut job bent on killing. A few bad apples does not mean the whole LAPD is guilty of anything other than doing their job, a very difficult job. Could there be corruption? I'd be shocked otherwise in a force that big. But to let this asshole dictate investigations, and for him to be lecturing the LAPD is just wrong. The story here is him, and the families who's lives he ruined forever. He took away loved ones, lets not forget that. He is the monster, not the LAPD.
    Well pardon me for questioning the actions of the almighty police. Even though I haven't done anything wrong, I'll just bend over now and get ready to accept my mandatory body cavity search followed by a gratuitous spray of high velocity pieces of lead.

The whole point is that arresting someone can be an important part of actually identifying that they have the right person. I mean if they'd actually done even the most basic amount of due diligence they wouldn't have shot 40 times into the wrong vehicle...one that contained 2 women, not 1 man.

Sorry, but that risk comes with the job and they should know that when they sign up. It's not all fun and racist beatings of unarmed people every day. Sometimes you gotta at least let people get out of the vehicle with their hands up so you can identify them before you fill 'em full of lead.

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    Dude, this ain't some TV cop drama. Internal Affairs? Give me a fucking break. The whole goddamned world saw this thing unfold. No one has forgotten anything. Dorner's supposed argument - legitimate or otherwise - went away the moment that he murdered a human being, so in effect he sealed his own fate. There was going to be no chance of redemption after that point. So even if he lived, it wouldn't make any more difference than what prison he would have to live out his life in. The discussion re police corruption will always exist.
    We're in agreement about his losing personal credibility when he started killing people. But if he lived through this, he'd be able to give names and specific incidents, he'd have a voice.

Now it's like a witness to the crime has been killed.

The discussion will exist, but without any of the specifics that Dorner could have provided.

And of course that's his own fault.

But the idea that they didn't want to kill him is just silly, IMO.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Do you think the Tobacco and Firearms folks wanted to kill the people at Waco? Maybe this was just an accident like that. Maybe a stupid accident, but an accident.

There were a lot of innocents at Waco. Nothing innocent about Dorner.

Apples and oranges

My Cop Friends

I doubt there's a cop alive in California that didn't want to kill this guy.
    I would say there are many who wanted him dead. I know a lot of police officers/Sheriffs in Southern California. Two of my very good friends are police officers in San Jose and Long Beach. Both 15+ year veterans. When the Big Bear standoff began, I sent a text to my friend in San Jose. His reply was "They need to kill him and end this." Now, this friend of mine is not someone who would normally say something like that even while joking. My other friend was very vocal on his FaceBook page along with many of his fellow officers. I am not saying every officer wanted him dead, but from the comments read and in talks with my friends, there were many who definitely didn't want to see him taken alive.

An odd thing for me regarding this case:
    When this entire thing started a couple of weeks ago, I was interested in the story. As local L.A. news began reports about the manifesto, they started to report on the suspects full name, Christopher Jordan Dornan. At one point a reporter referred to him simply as Chris Jordan. For about 10 seconds, I went into a daze. Why? Well, when I bought my home from a friend of a friend, the previous owner's name is Chris Jordan... and is an LAPD officer. Once I snapped out of it, I realized my Chris is in his 40s and still an active officer. Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Do you think the Tobacco and Firearms folks wanted to kill the people at Waco? Maybe this was just an accident like that. Maybe a stupid accident, but an accident.
    I asked my friends about the 'burner' that the officials shot into the cabin. They said that those burners are named that for a reason and they introduce those canisters knowing that they will cause a fire more times than not.

This is another reason I referred to Dorner getting the oxygen tanks refilled a couple of weeks ago. The cops knew he had done this and firing tear gas into the cabin might have done nothing to him if he had those oxygen tanks and a mask.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ So the fire at Waco was intentional?

Since Kay is on oxygen, I do know that oxygen tanks are quite flammable and can cause explosions. Maybe he did have them and.......??
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ So the fire at Waco was intentional?
    I have no idea of the Waco fire. I am referring to the burners they shot into the cabin in Big Bear. I don't know if the canisters they sent into the cabin were the same that were sent into Waco. Waco was 20 years ago so technology might be different in regard to those devices.

I imagine they just burnt the place down just like Waco. If you can't get them to come out just burn the whole place down seems to be the thinking....

Oxygen is not flammable but is required for stuff to burn. Higher concentrations of oxygen can accelerate (and increase the heat of) the burning of flammable stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Oxygen is not flammable but is required for stuff to burn. Higher concentrations of oxygen can accelerate (and increase the heat of) the burning of flammable stuff.
    Yes, that was more than just semantics, Guy. Thanks for the clarification. My post just came from the medical professionals telling us, "keep your portable oxygen tanks away from high heat or flame" (Kay also has a concentrator at home).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Peek-A-Boo!

I thought I heard this morning that he was camped out across the street from the police station for a couple days?
    He was less than 30 yards from the checkpoint.

See the white container in the screen cap below? The cabin directly behind that was where he was staying until the couple arrived. He then tied up that husband & wife.

Amazing that he was so close to the checkpoint. Probably watching the police & command post. If that couple would not have come to the cabin, he most likely would have stayed there until the coast was clear. Authorites had cleared that cabin stating that nothing looked disturbed and no sign of forced entry from the exterior. One report says they did note a window screen removed but thought of it was a result of the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Yes, that was more than just semantics, Guy. Thanks for the clarification. My post just came from the medical professionals telling us, "keep your portable oxygen tanks away from high heat or flame" (Kay also has a concentrator at home).
    Just pointing it out...it's a common misconception.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I imagine they just burnt the place down just like Waco. If you can't get them to come out just burn the whole place down seems to be the thinking....
    The place -- an historic cabin on the Santa Ana River, where I have floated plenty of dry flies for sweet local trout over the years -- burned to the foundation, yet they retrieved Dorner's drivers license from the wreckage. I'm not one for conspiracies but this just seems weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    The place -- an historic cabin on the Santa Ana River, where I have floated plenty of dry flies for sweet local trout over the years -- burned to the foundation, yet they retrieved Dorner's drivers license from the wreckage. I'm not one for conspiracies but this just seems weird to me.
    Reports show the wallet was found in the basement. True or not -- I don't know.

Jefferson James
    Yeah, looking at this picture there looks to be a small cellar.

7oaks.JPG