Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YES -2018 50TH ANNIVERSARY USA TOUR

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    YES at Arcada Theater in St. Charles IL (Chicago area) Tues June 5th & Wed June 6th.

The Arcada is a 900 seat theater, in shabby condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    You forgot another factor:

Yes w/ARW are playing Ravinia in Chicago this September. The pavilion at Ravinia holds 3,400. Plus there is a gigantic lawn area that fills up for any show.

Yes (Official) are playing the Arcada Theater (Chicago area) earlier this summer. 900 seats, for 2 night = 1,800.

None of the reasons you state are why I won't go to see YES at The Arcada, a venue that's practically right outside my town. But I'll travel much further to see YES at Ravinia.

In all the years I've been going to see Yes concerts, this has to be the 1st time they are kicking off the US/NA tour in Chicago-land. Is hitting the 1st night of the tour a good/bad thing - will we get a different (no tales) set from what Europe is getting??

Regarding the Arcada theater; I didn't make any shows there last year, but I never considered it too shabby to skip over. For me, it is an easier trip (and usually free parking) than heading into the city.

As for ARW at Ravinia...unless you are in the pavillion, you'll be subject to a lawn full of people talking thru the concert enjoying the 'picnic in the park' atmosphere. Hopefully the weather holds up (September can be iffy), I hope to finally go see them.
    Last edited by Akustika; 03-28-2018 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    In all they years I've been going to see Yes concerts, this has to be the 1st time they are kicking off the US/NA tour in Chicago-land. Is hitting the 1st night of the tour a good/bad thing - will we get a different (no tales) set from what Europe is getting??

Regarding the Arcada theater; I didn't make any shows there last year, but I never considered it too shabby to skip over. For me, it is an easier trip (and usually free parking) than heading into the city.

As for ARW at Ravinia...unless you are in the pavillion, you'll be subject to a lawn full of people talking thru the concert enjoying the 'picnic in the park' atmosphere. Hopefully the weather holds up (September can be iffy), I hope to finally go see them.
    Ive been to both theaters multiple times. There are pros and cons to each. I was surprised that Onesti managed to snag Yes for the opening shows of the US tour at the Arcada, too bad they are on weekdays. Last time I saw this Yes, it was at that Polish center, the Copernicus Theater which was very nice with comfortable seats and plenty of space. I like the Arcada as far as location from where I'm driving in, but the front seating on those chairs is less than ideal, and it would be nice if they added a few more men's turlets. The Ravinia is a bit hard to get to, and while nice, I would never sit on the lawn, like you said its a gabfest for the golf shirt crowd to sip wine and show off their trophy wives. Plus from the lawn you can't really see the concert, only hear it, since it slopes downward.

Hell yes. I'm in the NW suburbs, and the Arcada is a easy zip down Rt. 31. I love it. I go to tons of shows there, but the theater is in shotty condition. Even Ron threatened to close it down last December (was in the news) if he didn't get help from the city to repair the leaky roof, crappy air conditioning, and expand the lobby into the vacant store next door so he could install additional bathrooms. 2 urinals and 2 toilets (per sex) isn't enough for a 900 seat hall. I guess he'll be getting help because he didn't close the doors. Still, it's a "C" class theater, sound and seating wise. Didn't hear him gripe about upgrading those issues.

This is true. The pavilion is awesome though. Will be an amazing place to see ARW.
    Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 03-28-2018 at 01:30 PM.

[QUOTE=Akustika;792325]In all they years I've been going to see Yes concerts, this has to be the 1st time they are kicking off the US/NA tour in Chicago-land. Is hitting the 1st night of the tour a good/bad thing - will we get a different (no tales) set from what Europe is getting??

[QUOTE]

tales should be gone as it was done two tours ago in USA though I suppose they might hold over one of the tales tracks as part of the overall show. steve howe mentioned doing something radical but the blurb doesn't seem to hint at much more than the classics and a few lesser played songs.

[QUOTE=gojikranz;792352][QUOTE=Akustika;792325]In all they years I've been going to see Yes concerts, this has to be the 1st time they are kicking off the US/NA tour in Chicago-land. Is hitting the 1st night of the tour a good/bad thing - will we get a different (no tales) set from what Europe is getting??

tales should be gone as it was done two tours ago in USA though I suppose they might hold over one of the tales tracks as part of the overall show. steve howe mentioned doing something radical but the blurb doesn't seem to hint at much more than the classics and a few lesser played songs.
    I'm not sure what other surprises they can throw at us, since they keep saying Relayer isn't likely? Originally I thought they could feature more off the first 3 albums (w/ Tony Kaye guesting) - or has that gone by the wayside too??

I'm not sure what other surprises they can throw at us, since they keep saying Relayer isn't likely?
    I'd love to see them take a crack at "Homeworld."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    I would never sit on the lawn, like you said its a gabfest for the golf shirt crowd to sip wine and show off their trophy wives. Plus from the lawn you can't really see the concert, only hear it, since it slopes downward.
    Totally. Lawn is a waste of money. I saw ARW on the first run at the Chicago Theater (I still haven't warmed up to that place, but that's another story). I planned to hold out seeing them again until they put out new material, or at least did a major update to the set list. But... sounds like a good time, and it's on my 28th wedding anniversary. We DID walk down the aisle to Time and a Word.

wouldn't be shocked to see fly from here I suppose. and didn't I see something about a new compilation with go through this finally officially recorded would be cool to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Are there ARW tour dates in the US for this year? Nothing on their website yet.
    No. That one ARW US date has appeared. There will presumably be more.

They're playing some European dates sooner, and have promoted those, but still haven't actually managed to update their website with them...

Henry
    Last edited by bondegezou; 03-28-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Is hitting the 1st night of the tour a good/bad thing
    In past years, they've sometimes taken a few shows to find their groove, so one would want to see a later date on a tour leg. That's been much less of a problem in recent years, I think.

will we get a different (no tales) set from what Europe is getting??
    Yes. They've done Tales in the US previously, so that will be gone from the set. The set will probably be similar to the first half of the European shows + we don't know what.

Henry

I'm not sure what other surprises they can throw at us, since they keep saying Relayer isn't likely? Originally I thought they could feature more off the first 3 albums (w/ Tony Kaye guesting) - or has that gone by the wayside too??
    They keep hinting at Relayer one day, so... I wouldn't hold your breath, but it's possible, particularly if Moraz appears, as has also been mooted. We are currently expecting Kaye on this tour leg, but we were kind of expecting him in Europe and he didn't appear in the end. He has had health problems previously. At this time, I don't know.

Henry

Thank you for posting the US dates.
    I see Yes is coming to the Capitol theater in Clearwater, Fl on July 26th.
    Tickets go on sale this Saturday, I know what I'll be doing.
    Saw Steve Hackett at the Capitol for the Wolflight tour and it's a wonderful venue, full of charm and great acoustics. Or with Steve it was less acoustics and more volume, but in a good way.

My wife and I had tickets to go see ARW on their debut tour but had to cancel out due to family matters.
    So it will be great to see at least one version of Yes down here in Fl.

My

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    and didn't I see something about a new compilation with go through this finally officially recorded would be cool to see it.
    Yes, but maybe not. They (including Horn) have done some sort of version of "Go Through This" with Squire's bass from an old recording + new recordings of some sort. It is expected to be released somewhere at some time. Horn said in an interview that it would be on an anniversary compilation from Warner, but I understand it might not be.

Henry

Anyone know the presale code for this tour?

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Anyone know the presale code for this tour?
    The presage for the LiveNation presale for the Philly shows is ENCORE. It worked for me this morning but was unable to actually purchase a ticket - repeatedly gave me an error message about unable to process the request. Plenty of tickets to click on and buy, just wouldn’t let me do it.

For Atlanta, the presale code is: FIFTY

I hope that for the 50th, they put out a nice Tour Program. YES have not being putting out tour programs for the last several tours and I miss having them to go back to to "relive" the moment

I'm pretty sure that they WILL HAVE $50 tee-shirts though.
    G.A.S -aholic

Front row center for the Montclair, NJ show. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    For Atlanta, the presale code is: FIFTY

I hope that for the 50th, they put out a nice Tour Program. YES have not being putting out tour programs for the last several tours and I miss having them to go back to to "relive" the moment

I'm pretty sure that they WILL HAVE $50 tee-shirts though.
    I hear it's extensive and mentions every member.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    There is a #YES50 tour programme. It is very long, basically a book on the history of the band, by the Gottlieb Brothers, with extensive new interviews with the current line-up + Kaye. You can buy it now from Burning Shed, or there may be some updates for the US tour.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    ^^^
    The Philly show worked for me. I used my phone. I chose mobile presale and selected purchase from map and selected the blue dots on the seating chart.Then I got stuck when I tried to hit confirm. So I tapped on both terms of condition links and hit confirm again and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    I tried the front row for Philly but they were all expensive meet and greet packages. I didn't want those so got $75 tickets 12 rows back.
    Finally got it to work for me. I went for the $75 ticket as well - Row P.