Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My records wall

Somewhere a queen is weeping... somewhere a king has no wife.

I just showed the photos to my wife. This renovation did not meet with her favor.

It kind of reminds me of a room that Woody Allen had in one of his 70s movies. He stored all his albums in this corner room of his apartment with the walls lined with album covers.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

A wall of sound, nice !

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post

It kind of reminds me of a room that Woody Allen had in one of his 70s movies. He stored all his albums in this corner room of his apartment with the walls lined with album covers.
    Yeah, but his wife didn't bitch because he also had an Orgasmatron.

Ah, it was in Play it Again Sam. It's just a small alcove - for some reason I remembered the space as being bigger.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Ah, it was in Play it Again Sam. It's just a small alcove - for some reason I remembered the space as being bigger.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    No, just a music-lover myself.

Reminds me a bit on the time when I went on vacation with my parents and spending time in recordstores. My dad did understand, because he is a music-lover, but my mother didn't really understand and complained about it. I couldn't pass a recordstore, without going inside. Actualy I'm still like that. Recordstores, musicstores and bookstores keep attracting me more than anything else.
    My wife has great taste in music, I like most of what she likes. But she's really not into rock, jazz, prog, etc, and not into owning it anymore. But when it's just us in the car we listen to Sirius XM's 40s channel or a classical channel and are both very happy. I'd be bummed she doesn't like prog, but am more just glad she has good taste. That's good enough - it satisfies her.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My house is stock full of prog. In my den, piles of prog DVD's, autographed guitars by Crimson and Yes in shadow boxes. Record awards by Gabriel (and signed). Autographs I collected at shows (PFM, Le Orme, Porcupine Tree), a rare framed poster of Gabriel's Rael Lamb pose. That's my den - there are three floors full of music and memorabilia and I love it all.

I don't think it matters whether or not the OP is married - he loves music and what an amazing way to display it.

Ah, it was in Play it Again Sam.
    You know, I just can't watch Allen anymore, I used to love his movies.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    My house is stock full of prog. In my den, piles of prog DVD's, autographed guitars by Crimson and Yes in shadow boxes. Record awards by Gabriel (and signed). Autographs I collected at shows (PFM, Le Orme, Porcupine Tree), a rare framed poster of Gabriel's Rael Lamb pose. That's my den - there are three floors full of music and memorabilia and I love it all.

I don't think it matters whether or not the OP is married - he loves music and what an amazing way to display it.

Nicely done!

Super nice, is that a concrete floor?

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Super nice, is that a concrete floor?
    Not exactly, it is floor tiles in the style of concrete.

Beautiful job, i've been wanting to do something like that and haven't found a way to secure the albums to the wall while making them accessible. Some great titles too, the Fuzzy Funky Sounds of West Africa is an extra fun spin.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Beautiful job, i've been wanting to do something like that and haven't found a way to secure the albums to the wall while making them accessible. Some great titles too, the Fuzzy Funky Sounds of West Africa is an extra fun spin.
    The records are easy to change / take out, you just lift them up a little and then pull out (sort of like how you take a window out of its rail)
    In fact I completely re-organized since taking the pictures, about 20% of the titles have changed and now most albums are in a re-sealable nylon sleeves.

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I updated the wall and now it is reflecting my taste better,
    And also with more relevant records to this forum:

DSC00547 (Large).jpgDSC00548 (Large).jpgDSC00549 (Large).jpgDSC00550 (Large).jpg

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Had to add the PinioL.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I would’ve put the three HC “sock” albums next to each other. But that’s me, always 100% literal.

If I tried to lay my albums out flat side forward like a wall I think I could cover the neighborhood.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

All you need to cover, really, is the waterfront.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Clearly no wife.
    I would ask for one of my own if I had a husband who did that
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"