Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Scott...so you would take any of the rookies over Cousins? According to the stats he isn't overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Scott...so you would take any of the rookies over Cousins? According to the stats he isn't overrated.
    I couldn't say - I don't know enough about the incoming class. (It's funny how you don't pay as much attention to that kind of stuff when your team doesn't have a need).

I just don't think he's a top NFL QB.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Richard Sherman is released. Who's next?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    They are probably trying to re-sign him at a lower salary.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    They are probably trying to re-sign him at a lower salary.
    Two bad Achilles; 11 million in cap space - hopefully at a much lower salary. Somebody will pay him what he wants.

The Eagles just traded WR Torrey Smith to Carolina for CB Daryl Worley, saving $4.3M in cap space. Eagles will probably be looking to move CB Ronald Darby now.

Most of us thought that Smith would be cut, and Howie gets a CB for him. Unreal.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Jeremy Lane.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 03-10-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I couldn't say - I don't know enough about the incoming class. (It's funny how you don't pay as much attention to that kind of stuff when your team doesn't have a need).
    Some of us never or rarely pay attention during the trades/signings. I used to be slightly interested, but I don't watch college football, so all that stuff doesn't matter to me. When the season starts, I start paying attention.

Orange Heads are reportedly acquiring Jarvis Landry from Miami for 2 picks. Not real high ones.

And Tyrod Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    And Tyrod Taylor.
    Not sure I understand this move.All accounts are saying they are gonna get another QB early in the draft to go with Kizer. Hmmmmm....

In other news, it looks like the Steelers are ready to cut loose the dead weight known as Mike Mitchell!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Not sure I understand this move.All accounts are saying they are gonna get another QB early in the draft to go with Kizer. Hmmmmm....
    Well, Kizer was just traded to Green Bay for Damarious Randall.

All righty then!!! That certainly makes more sense.

In other news, it looks like the Steelers are ready to cut loose the dead weight known as Mike Mitchell!
    A veteran bridge quarterback was always in the picture. It doesn't affect plans to take a QB at no. 1 at all.

A veteran bridge quarterback was always in the picture. It doesn't affect plans to take a QB at no. 1 at all.
    Or at no. 4.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Not liking this at all. I knew they had acquired Randall, but not what they gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Or at no. 4.
    Not gonna happen. I still intend to answer your long post. I haven't forgotten.

Eagles just traded Torrey Smith to Carolina for a CB. Supposedly in an effort to shed salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Or at no. 4.
    I think it's more likely that the Browns will take the QB with 4 than with 1. Unless there is a QB that that Browns value significantly more than any of the others.

Eagles just traded Torrey Smith to Carolina for a CB. Supposedly in an effort to shed salary cap.
    Smith was very expendable and they saved $4.3 against the cap. Love the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I think it's more likely that the Browns will take the QB with 4 than with 1. Unless there is a QB that that Browns value significantly more than any of the others.
    If they don't value one more than the others, the GM isn't doing his job.

If they don't value one more than the others, the GM isn't doing his job.
    I mean, value one a LOT more than the others. There isn't any of them that is consensus better than the others.

I'd normally be against taking a RB anywhere in the first round, but the Browns have had so little offensive talent of late. If the Browns think Barkley is going to be a stud RB (and most teams do) then the obvious thing to do is go with Barkley at 1 and their pick of whoever is left at QB at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I mean, value one a LOT more than the others. There isn't any of them that is consensus better than the others.

I'd normally be against taking a RB anywhere in the first round, but the Browns have had so little offensive talent of late. If the Browns think Barkley is going to be a stud RB (and most teams do) then the obvious thing to do is go with Barkley at 1 and their pick of whoever is left at QB at 4.
    If I'm the Browns owner, I don't pay my GM to take the temperature of the pundits and see if there's a consensus. I pay him to apply his expertise, watch the film, interview and work out the candidates, and select me the best one. If he can't do it, I'll get someone who will.

Imo, there are 2 quarterbacks who have a clear advantage in upside, so I'm going to take one of those two guys. I don't think either will be there at 4. Furthermore, I think there are 4 stud running backs in this draft, and one of them will be there at 33 or 35.

If they let other teams decide who their franchise quarterback is going to be, then the new management is as crap as the old management, and needs to be fired. Especially after trading your other option at quarterback (Kizer) away tonight.

Edit: I haven't decided between the 2 quarterbacks I favor. However, I don't have the access that the Browns GM has. No excuse for him not to figure it out. If he's good.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 03-09-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Not liking this at all. I knew they had acquired Randall, but not what they gave up.
    Randall is damn good IF he stays healthy (a past ?), but because I'm pretty happy that Hundley is gone and Kizer is an upgrade, I understand your post, moe.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Randall is damn good IF he stays healthy (a past ?), but because I'm pretty happy that Hundley is gone and Kizer is an upgrade, I understand your post, moe.
    It was way too soon to give up on Kizer. All of the physical attributes that made him attractive as a QB are still there. You can't judge a QB by his rookie season at all, if there are positive characteristics that led you to see him as a possible franchise QB in the first place. If you could/should, the Colts would have given up on Peyton Manning, the Cowboys on Aikman, etc etc ad infinitum.

It's all down to the overarching importance of the QB position.