"more more more".
    That'd be Billy Idol

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    That'd be Billy Idol
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    That'd be Billy Idol
    I thought it was Joey Chestnut.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I thought it was Joey Chestnut.
    I thought it was the Andrea True Connection.

Pro Bowl selections are getting worse every year. No wonder nobody watches the game anymore.

Yeah yeah, I know, this ain't the college football thread. That's because college football sucks. But still, the idea is so damned good.

Name the last place you shopped at and the name of the place after you ate at. Then throw bowl game after it and it's marvelous.

I came up with liquor store frozen calzone bowl. Not very inviting.

Or how about the cannabis(I refuse to use the word marijuana) dispensary In and Out Bowl.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 12-19-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Screw it. I'll root for the Dolphins to win out. I'll take 9-7. It's too late to tank anyway. Tanking is no guarantee either. It has worked for some teams but not for us.....ever ( and a few other teams too....cought....Detroit...cough....Cleaveland).

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Big game this weekend for the Seahawks home to the Chiefs win and we should be in, don't want to leave it to the last weekend with a divisional rival however bad the Cards are.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Screw it. I'll root for the Dolphins to win out. I'll take 9-7. It's too late to tank anyway. Tanking is no guarantee either. It has worked for some teams but not for us.....ever ( and a few other teams too....cought....Detroit...cough....Cleaveland).
    We're vying for the first overall pick but I'd rather see the Raiders win against division rivals than tank... Not looking like the Cards will win another game anyway so they're a lock for that first pick.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Yves good look. Tanking does work, but it's rare that it really works. We went 1-15 and all it got us was the same mediocre bullshit. It's the same shit every year. I'll take an 8-8 season over 3-13. Well probably lose one of the next 2 games, unless those teams are trying to tank. If we backdoor our way into the playoffs I'll take it. It's better than tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    We're vying for the first overall pick but I'd rather see the Raiders win against division rivals than tank... Not looking like the Cards will win another game anyway so they're a lock for that first pick.
    Yves, what's the chatter regarding early possibilities for the draft with those picks? It's partially about the quality of the talent that will be there next season. Any standouts?

FWIW, here's a recent mock SI did:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/19/nf...s-daniel-jones
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Yeah yeah, I know, this ain't the college football thread. That's because college football sucks. But still, the idea is so damned good.

Name the last place you shopped apt and the name of the place after you ate at. Then throw bowl game after it and it's marvelous.

I came up with liquor store frozen calzone bowl. Not very inviting.

Or how about the cannabis(I refuse to use the word marijuana) dispensary In and Out Bowl.
    Those are hilarious!

There is a college football thread.
    And college football kicks ass. Have you ever been to a major college football game in a packed house on campus, taking in the game day atmosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    They need to get new material. Browns fans aren't suffering anymore. In fact, I can't remember when I last saw such optimism regarding the football team.

Having said that, I wish they'd do away with the whole Dawg Pound schtick. It was fine back in the 80s when Dixon and Minniefield created it, but it should have been a time locked thing, not something to serve as a substitute for a logo. The only reason it has persisted is because a Brown isn't something that you can do anything with marketing. Even using a Brownie Elf was stretching things a bit. However, we can be sure that a Brown isn't a dog of any variety, so I wish they would give it a rest.

<rant over>

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Those are hilarious!

There is a college football thread.
    And college football kicks ass. Have you ever been to a major college football game in a packed house on campus, taking in the game day atmosphere?
    It's Vegas, baby. We've never had one of those, ever. College football literally means nothing to me and only means something to those who have a alma mater or those who bet. I don't have either of those interests.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    It's Vegas, baby. We've never had one of those, ever. College football literally means nothing to me and only means something to those who have a alma mater or those who bet. I don't have either of those interests.
    I figured that, it was kind of a rhetorical question. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Yves, what's the chatter regarding early possibilities for the draft with those picks? It's partially about the quality of the talent that will be there next season. Any standouts?

FWIW, here's a recent mock SI did:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/19/nf...s-daniel-jones
    Because I do not follow College football, I have no clue who the standout players are until the season ends and the draft becomes the main topic on NFL Network. Raiders definitely need a pass rusher so I am hoping their very first pick goes there. Beyond that, let's see who is willing to move up and what they are willing to offer. I get a feeling the Raiders will not make 3 selections in the first round, but will trade down. They need a lot of bodies in a lot of positions.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Because I do not follow College football, I have no clue who the standout players are until the season ends and the draft becomes the main topic on NFL Network. Raiders definitely need a pass rusher so I am hoping their very first pick goes there. Beyond that, let's see who is willing to move up and what they are willing to offer. I get a feeling the Raiders will not make 3 selections in the first round, but will trade down. They need a lot of bodies in a lot of positions.
    "The first receiver off the board goes to Baltimore, who is looking for help for Lamar Jackson. The Ravens have been rotating in a series of veteran receivers, but haven’t had a true No. 1 in years."

That would be 22 years since Michael Jackson in 1996.

^ I don't remember Michael Jackson as a "true no. 1." This is a weak draft for receivers for the 2nd year in a row. The Browns could use a "true No. 1," but there don't figure to be any where they will pick, if there even is one at all in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I don't remember Michael Jackson as a "true no. 1." This is a weak draft for receivers for the 2nd year in a row. The Browns could use a "true No. 1," but there don't figure to be any where they will pick, if there even is one at all in this draft.
    So the Ravens have never had a #1 receiver. Now we'll get one with a quarterback who can't throw the ball.

Breaking Ed's heart, and Browns fans' hearts at the same time:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-on-extension

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Breaking Ed's heart, and Browns fans' hearts at the same time:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-on-extension
    You don't want him, he doesn't have any guts.

^ Well, that was gutsy. Stupid, but gutsy.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ravens D looking good, getting plenty of help from the refs.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Ravens D looking good, getting plenty of help from the refs.
    Makes up for the KC game