Page 85 of 125 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    I dig bold predictions! Chiefs- one and done...I like it. Although Mahomes' gunslinger ways might not catch up to him for a few years. The man can do no wrong.
    Go big or go home!

I am going on Andy Reid's playoff record, and the fact that I have now watched the Chiefs for 3 consecutive weeks and they seem to lack that knock out punch. Their best bet was the first seed throughout, but it's now looking like the Chargers will take that division ( I have not looked at each team's remaining schedule mind you).
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I just hope that the Seahawks don't look past the 40whiners this Sunday. It's the Seahawks last road game this year and SF might be looking to avenge a drubbing at the Seattle's hands two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Go big or go home!

I am going on Andy Reid's playoff record, and the fact that I have now watched the Chiefs for 3 consecutive weeks and they seem to lack that knock out punch. Their best bet was the first seed throughout, but it's now looking like the Chargers will take that division ( I have not looked at each team's remaining schedule mind you).
    I think the Ravens will beat the Chargers next weekend and the Chiefs will jump back into first going into the final week.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I think the Ravens will beat the Chargers next weekend and the Chiefs will jump back into first going into the final week.
    the Ravens could beat the Chargers, but the Chiefs have to go into Seattle in prime-time . Not an automatic for them...

I love this time of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    A game that actually entertained! Wow!

Quoth the Chargers, "nevermore"
    Yes it was very entertaining indeed, but way too many flags thrown and too many questionable calls on both sides...
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Yes it was very entertaining indeed, but way too many flags thrown and too many questionable calls on both sides...
    Did you see the helmet to helmet to Rivers, neither did the refs. The announcers tried to justify it.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I just hope that the Seahawks don't look past the 40whiners this Sunday. It's the Seahawks last road game this year and SF might be looking to avenge a drubbing at the Seattle's hands two weeks ago.
    Same here, but given the 49ers hatred I doubt that will happen.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Same here, but given the 49ers hatred I doubt that will happen.
    Yeah, I don't think we'll ever have to worry about the Seahawks looking past the Niners as long as Sherm is on their roster.

Did you see the helmet to helmet to Rivers, neither did the refs. The announcers tried to justify it.
    At first they said it looked more like a shoulder to shoulder, but when they showed a different angle, they all agreed, including Pereira (sp?), that Rivers had a legitimate beef with the no-call. Maybe the questionable DPI on the next play (?) was a make up. I'm happy for Rivers, well respected but always coming up short. I hope he (or really anyone but Brady) can rep AFC in Super Bowl this year.

I'm not expecting the Chargers or the Chiefs to do anything in the playoffs. KC losses a game they needed to have to maintain top seeding in the playoffs and now they get to travel to Seattle.
    Then who? Pittsburgh is reeling. Houston looks impressive now, but they aren't dominant. The Ravens have one loud fan at their disposal. So is it just the Pats then, even though they look less dominant than in years past? This is as good of a chance as any to unseat the Pats/Pitts AFC dynasty as any year in recent memory.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Have to say Chargers currently look the best of an average bunch with the Pats & Steelers showing holes. Though the Pats could switch it on at any time as usual.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm with Ian...but then again it's the Chargers, arguably the most historically snake bitten of all the teams currently in playoff contention.

Chargers have a Top 10 offense and a Top 10 defense. That's a pretty good recipe for success. The balls they showed yesterday have me believing in them, but... that's why they play the games.....

Chargers have a Top 10 offense and a Top 10 defense. That's a pretty good recipe for success. The balls they showed yesterday have me believing in them, but... that's why they play the games.....
    Rivers cant keep throwing picks like last night though... he almost threw the game away
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we'll ever have to worry about the Seahawks looking past the Niners as long as Sherm is on their roster.
    Sherman isn't having a great season anyway. The last two or three years the Seahawks have been in a habit of making marginal quarterbacks look great.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Rivers cant keep throwing picks like last night though... he almost threw the game away
    Agreed. I thought they were gonna be buried early .

Sherman isn't having a great season anyway. The last two or three years the Seahawks have been in a habit of making marginal quarterbacks look great.
    Good or bad season has nothing to do with it--that team will be 'up' playing against Sherm. Too much history, too much trash-talking for them not to be.

Plus loads of 49ers history before Sherman got there, they are one of the 'Hawks most hated rivals though the Rams have overtaken the lead position in recent years.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Give him a break. The man has only thrown 8 all year.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Go big or go home!

Chiefs hold the tiebreaker, so the chargers have to win out and hope the KC stumbles somewhere (likely Seattle). Not that the chargers have gimmes with the Ravens and at broncos.

If they both finish 4-2 within the division, I'm not sure what the next tie breaker is nor who would hold the advantage. Best for KC to lose next week, just to be safe.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Give him a break. The man has only thrown 8 all year.
    I know... he's my FFL QB
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Good or bad season has nothing to do with it--that team will be 'up' playing against Sherm. Too much history, too much trash-talking for them not to be.
    they played two weeks ago, I don't remember seeing any more trash talk than usual and Sherman wasn't much of a factor. That is not to say Sherman isn't holding a grudge, since he's still throwing a lot of shade at the Seahawks. I think it pains him that Seattle a) thought they could move on without him b) have been playing well without him and c) he's on a shitty team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Chiefs hold the tiebreaker, so the chargers have to win out and hope the KC stumbles somewhere (likely Seattle). Not that the chargers have gimmes with the Ravens and at broncos.

If they both finish 4-2 within the division, I'm not sure what the next tie breaker is nor who would hold the advantage. Best for KC to lose next week, just to be safe.
    If the Pats and Texans win out and the Chiefs and Chargers each lose one you have four teams with identical records. Does that then negate head to head within the division.

This might be an improvement!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence