Page 72 of 125 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Tha Bears a pretty good.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

that was one of the most amazing Football games I've ever witnessed in my 47 years of watching Football
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Pinball with no D. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Pinball with no D. Meh.
    both Defenses scored TDs and sacks...plenty of D
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Just the fact that it was the first game in NFL history where both teams scored 50, as well as the fact that it was the 3rd highest scoring game ever makes it at least noteworthy.

I was watching something else and just saw the last 11:00 minutes and it was like watching a whole game.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I've seen video games with more scoring... once.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Pinball with no D. Meh.
    Same here, not a fan.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    that was one of the most amazing Football games I've ever witnessed in my 47 years of watching Football
    Dude I am so with you...that was an absolute blast! When do you ever see a shootout like that? D TD's, O TD's...it was a free for all. Man that was fun.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Too many penalties called on KC and not enough on LA.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Yeah, but take those big plays by the D away and you have nothing. Blown coverages, poor tackling, and poor play in general. When you combine this with the fact that the NFL has elected to basically penalize 'good' defense in many ways and you have a game that is unpalatable for many of us.

I look at it this way--a consensus leading candidate for Defensive Player of the Year was on the field in that game last night. His defense gave up close to 40 points in that game (giving the Chiefs D credit for the TDs they scored). Imagine if a guy like Brees, Mahomes, or some other OPOY frontrunner was leading an offense that only scored 14-16 points a game. How legitimate of an OPOY candidate would they really be?

Damn fun game to watch! It was a Monday night game and it served its purpose for entertainment. I wish I was at that game. Go Rams!

This style of football is devaluing Marino, Elway, Montana's legacy. Their brilliant careers will look pedestrian in 5 years.
    Ian

Oh good Lord the fun vacuums...

There isn't a fan in that arena that won't be talking about that game for the rest of their lives. It must have been incredible to experience that live! Put away the stats and the purist crap every now and then and just enjoy a shootout. It's not going to happen often.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

There isn't a fan in that arena that won't be talking about that game for the rest of their lives. It must have been incredible to experience that live! Put away the stats and the purist crap every now and then and just enjoy a shootout. It's not going to happen often.
    Totally agree! and to think that most of the audience didn't pay!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Pinball with no D. Meh.
    21 points came from the D.

QFT!

My cousin and I had season tickets for the Rams from '84-'94. He text me during the 4th quarter and said it was the loudest he has ever heard it at a Rams game he attended. That made me very happy.

LOL @this thread.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

It's all a matter of preference. Personally I'd rather watch a team like the '85 Bears or the '00 Ravens than the Greatest Show on Turf. YMMV...obviously.

I'm mainly pissed that the Rams won. Every time I feel like I have to root for those assclowns from KC they lose. At least it may shut up their toothless, redneck fans around here for a few days.

Legion Of Boom baby!
    Ian

There were Defensive plays, sure. But the receivers are running free in the middle of the field downfield because the rules don't force them to work to get open. Much like today's NBA, the rules are entirely slanted in favor of the offense. Then there's the pick plays. These should all be illegal, regardless of proximity to the line of scrimmage.

I'm probably in the minority on not liking this brand of football as much, and that's OK. It bears more resemblance to a video game than it does to the football I grew up with and watched for 35 years until they began changing the rules. I much prefer the real football of times past. Sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Legion Of Boom baby!
    Of course, but I thought that would be a little too obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    This style of football is devaluing Marino, Elway, Montana's legacy. Their brilliant careers will look pedestrian in 5 years.

Yep. I prefer evenly matched offense and defenses. After a while the novelty of high scoring shootouts wears off. Besides this year, I've witness more one sided NFL blowouts then I've ever seen. I get bored, turn off the TV, and pick up a book and read.

You guys are making last nights game seem like a regular occurrence Last nights shootout was as rare as a 2 sentence GuitarGeek post! Lopsided blowouts I totally agree are snoozers (although Eagles ), but you NEVER see anything like this. How it can't be enjoyed is way too prog for me

You guys are making last nights game seem like a regular occurrence Last nights shootout was as rare as a 2 sentence GuitarGeek post! Lopsided blowouts I totally agree are snoozers (although Eagles ), but you NEVER see anything like this. How it can't be enjoyed is way too prog for me
    QFT!

History was made, regardless of what anyone outside or inside the NFL thinks of it.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    You guys are making last nights game seem like a regular occurrence
    90 pts or more in a regular season game has only happened 3 times in the past 10 seasons.