Page 62 of 125 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Eli Apple to the Saints for a 4th and a 7th...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...pple-to-saints
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Eli Apple to the Saints for a 4th and a 7th...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...pple-to-saints
    Wow. Potentially a Not Much Risk, High Reward deal for NO.

Edit: I imagine the Giants felt they were getting rid of a cancer...
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 10-23-2018 at 01:23 PM.

4th in 2019 and 7th in 2020, so they basically gave away nothing imo.... If Apple can get an attitude adjustment, he might pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Wow. Potentially a Not Much Risk, High Reward deal for NO.

Edit: I imagine the Giants felt they were getting rid of a cancer...
    Well, he's also not any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Well, he's also not any good.
    You're right that he hasn't been all that productive, but he has the measurables/physical tools to potentially become a top corner. I guarantee you that's why the Saints wanted him.

He may just need a change of scenery and to play in some meaningful games. Like I said before, it didn't really cost the Saints much.

The Cooper deal is a different matter altogether. Dallas gave up a 1st rounder and Cooper is on the final year of his rookie contract. He may be just a rental for a team that isn't eliminated, but really doesn't have the talent to make any sort of playoff push imo...

The Eagles' DE Derek Barnett is out for the season, requiring shoulder surgery.

That's a tough loss. Kid was having a solid season. The injuries are really piling up.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The Eagles' DE Derek Barnett is out for the season, requiring shoulder surgery.

That's a tough loss. Kid was having a solid season. The injuries are really piling up.
    That's why a Super Bowl repeat is so difficult. Sooner or later the injury bug will catch up to you.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    That's why a Super Bowl repeat is so difficult. Sooner or later the injury bug will catch up to you.
    We thought it caught up to us last season!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

You're right that he hasn't been all that productive, but he has the measurables/physical tools to potentially become a top corner. I guarantee you that's why the Saints wanted him.
    Well, sure. He's still young and has size.

And he's not been putrid or anything, just not that great - spotty. But, as a former first round pick, he'll get his second chance, just like Flowers did.

He's worth about what the Giants got for him, which is not much. Still worth more than Flowers, though, who was worth zero.

The Cooper trade is typical Jerry Jones.

Sure, a better receiver will help any QB. But throwing downfield to wideouts is never going to be a big part of Dak Prescott's skill set anyway, and this cost them a first rounder. Pretty dumb deal.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar

After all of the outrage from the Mack trade, now the narrative is that they signed Gruden to that 10-year deal to do exactly what he's doing - get rid of the expensive contracts and rebuild through the draft. Now he's being praised.

Life comes at you fast...

I still think the Mack deal was an error (although the win/lose for this trade will only be determined once they make the picks) but once you did that you have to embrace full rebuild mode. Also, a 1st for Cooper is too good to pass up really, so it makes it an even easier trade to make.

Might as well trade Carr too...I imagine if you can get a 1st for Coop you can get a pretty good windfall for Carr.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Two years ago the Raiders were being touted as a contender and an up-and-comer. Now they're in total tear down & rebuild mode. Would have to be hard on Raider fans if they weren't already losing their team.

Two years ago the Raiders were being touted as a contender and an up-and-comer. Now they're in total tear down & rebuild mode. Would have to be hard on Raider fans if they weren't already losing their team.
    Sometimes teams only go from bad to mediocre and then back to bad again, never actually getting good.

That's pretty much the mode the Redskins and Bills have been in for the last 20 years.

The following year (last year) they went 6-10, making 2016 look like an anomaly and not the new norm. At this point, just try to get younger and build yourself up for your new home town. I'm having to agree with the decisions being made right now. I look to the Browns whom I believe have turned a corner after having a good draft with multiple first round picks. Raiders currently have 5 first round picks in the next 2 drafts. They also have a lot of cap space. I don't think this team is in a total shambles to the point of scaring off free agents. They will be moving into a state of the art facility soon in an exciting city.

As for Carr, both he and Gruden are making it sound like he will be the guy. Gruden does not like rookie QBs so unless the Raiders sign or trade for a proven guy, it should be Carr going forward.

I read a lot of stuff yesterday that Carr had lost the respect of the team, between the crying on the field and his stance on the anthem?

I only heard about that "crying on the field" thing yesterday. Don't know when it occurred, if it occurred, and what the context was. We shall see how the rest of the season plays out. I like Carr but I find him to be a "between the 20s" QB. He tends to force too many balls in the red zone which result in turnovers.

Officials initially flagged the play, but after a conference, referee Shawn Hochuli announced that the flag would be picked up.

"The quarterback was still a runner and therefore is allowed to be hit in the head," Hochuli said to the crowd. "He had not yet begun to slide."

I thought the whole point of these flags was to prevent helmet to helmet shots. Now the refs said you can do it if you are a runner.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

For Yves...

For Yves.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    For Yves...

For Yves.jpg
    And yet the Raiders were up 14-10 at the half!

I look to the Browns whom I believe have turned a corner after having a good draft with multiple first round picks.
    Possibly. There's certainly more talent. However, they have a brutal schedule for such a young team. I look at it, and it's conceivable the Browns don't win another game.

And yet the Raiders were up 14-10 at the half!

I read a lot of stuff yesterday that Carr had lost the respect of the team, between the crying on the field and his stance on the anthem?
    Please explain. Crying?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Please explain. Crying?
    here you go

here you go
    Thanks Yves! That was a very interesting video.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Good insights... Sounds like there was a slight rift already and now things might become irreparable. Let's see how they play on Sunday against a mediocre Colts team that lit up the Bills last week.