Page 60 of 125 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Browns lose another heartbreaker, this time on a 59 yd field goal in OT. Progress, but stressful as hell.
    I saw the end of the 4th and a little bit of overtime (until they had to break away). What a tough loss. They're so close.

The Eagles blew a very winnable game against a very mediocre Carolina team. Conservative play-calling on both sides of the ball haunt them again.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Scott, I feel for ya.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The Eagles blew a very winnable game against a very mediocre Carolina team. Conservative play-calling on both sides of the ball haunt them again.
    Panthers can’t seem to play a full 60-minute game. But I was impressed with their comeback today. Philly needed to control the ball and eat clock in the 4th. The Carolina defense did a good job of not allowing that to happen.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Still can't stand Cam, pity the Eagles lost.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

It's a good day when your team is on a bye, and the other division teams all lose. Just need a KC beatdown of the Bungles tonight for that to happen.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Very blue today, but not as blue as that other team, managed to shit the bed against Washington.

Rams undefeated. Cowboys choke. Eagles unseated. Ravens croak.

These Chefs unis remind me of the Indians unis circa 1975, of which one commentator said that Boog Powell looked like a giant blood clot.

Lions rushed for 248 yards today (including 158 from Kerryon Johnson). Hasn't been done since Barry had his 2053 yard year in 1997. Looks like Kerryon is a great pick by Bob Quinn.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

I saw the end of the 4th and a little bit of overtime (until they had to break away). What a tough loss. They're so close.

Defense and Jim Schwartz had a horrible 4th quarter, but scoring 17 points will not win you many games in today’s NFL.

well, seems all the pundits are in agreement that the Boyz got hosed by the refs on that call at the end that pushed them 5 yards back for what would have been the game tying FG

no conspiracy... just crappy officiating
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Ravens should have smoked the Saints. They Saints one of the worst secondaries in the league and the Ravens didn't take advantage of it. They brought in three good receivers for Flacco and he can't hit them unless they are wide open. Ravens have one of the better tight end corps and they get targeted three times and none to the first round pick. Granted they were missing a first round cornerback and two starting offensive linemen but the play calling was atrocious. Why they even signed RG III I have no clue because he hasn't even dressed for a game. RG could probably perform better than Flacco has these past couple games. The quarterback Jackson shouldn't even be dressing for games yet. They bring in him and leave in Flacco who does nothing but stand there like a statue. They need a new offensive co-ordinator and head coach with balls to make the right choices. The three losses they have should have never happened.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    well, seems all the pundits are in agreement that the Boyz got hosed by the refs on that call at the end that pushed them 5 yards back for what would have been the game tying FG

no conspiracy... just crappy officiating
    Yup, hows he meant to pick up the ball without moving it?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Yup, hows he meant to pick up the ball without moving it?
    Apparently he said he did the same exact thing with the ball on the next play. And the Redskins center agrees that every long snapper does this, but he feels his move was "exaggerated". This does carry a precedent as defenders could purposefully jump off-sides and claim they were drawn off by a simulated snap. Watch this space.

That said, the Cowboys deserved to lose that game the moment Dak went all-rookie and gave up that touchdown in his own endzone. That was bench worthy. I saw the ghost of Tom Landry on the sidelines saying "No, Dak. No." The fact that the Skins couldn't close out the game under those conditions is more a testament on their mediocrity than on the Cowboys ability to come back.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    Defense and Jim Schwartz had a horrible 4th quarter, but scoring 17 points will not win you many games in today’s NFL.
    Seventeen points was more than enough against an offense that was completely inept for most of the game. Pederson's play-calling didn't help them at all, but the defense blew that game. The Eagles' secondary is so bad.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    the Cowboys deserved to lose that game the moment Dak went all-rookie and gave up that touchdown in his own endzone. That was bench worthy. I saw the ghost of Tom Landry on the sidelines saying "No, Dak. No." The fact that the Skins couldn't close out the game under those conditions is more a testament on their mediocrity than on the Cowboys ability to come back.
    yup... I lost count of how many first downs came back on penalties!!! Very aggravating and the QB sneak fumble... and the... on and on
    we beat ourselves
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Maybe the Ravens should sign Kaepernick.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    That lure and hook went in the water with a large splash here.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Da Raidahhs have apparently traded Amari Cooper to Dallas for a 1st-rounder.

I wonder why I complain so much about the Dolphins. We're no worse than most teams. ......

It's the Jags who really need Kaepernick. Wouldn't really need to change the offense, and he'd be much better at the position than what they've got.

They already have RG III and won't dress him.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Da Raidahhs have apparently traded Amari Cooper to Dallas for a 1st-rounder.
    I like it. I would have preferred a 2nd, but this will do. It times with their bye week too, so he will have a week to prep.

I also think that teams who play Dallas say "stop Zeke" and make Dak beat us. The Skins put 8 in the box and sometimes 9 because of that. Maybe this will open things up a bit.
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 10-22-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I like it. I would have preferred a 2nd, but this will do. It times with their bye week too, so he will have a week to prep.
    As an Eagles fan, I like it, too.

The Cowboys gave up way too much for a guy that isn't going to make that much of a difference.

As an Eagles fan, I like it, too.

The Cowboys gave up way too much for a guy that isn't going to make that much of a difference.
    I agree giving up a 1st is a bit much, but I'm okay with it. He will improve the team, we'll have to debate on how much come December.