Page 53 of 125 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I knew it wouldn't take long before a bottom feeder came along and tried to denigrate me again. This is the same thing DC Progger complained about in the baseball thread.
    And of course you completely avoided discussing the FACTS and resort to insults.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-items-balcony

After what the NFL did to Jimmy Smith this should be at least a four game suspension.
    If the NFL sidelines Jimmy Smith, they're doing you guys a favor!

I knew it wouldn't take long before a bottom feeder came along and tried to denigrate me again. This is the same thing DC Progger complained about in the baseball thread.
    Pointing out that you're wrong isn't "denigrating."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Pointing out that you're wrong isn't "denigrating."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...red-zone-trips
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Fair enough - my apologies.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I guess I should point out that this juggernaut Ravens red zone offense failed to score a touchdown against the Browns in 4+ quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I guess I should point out that this juggernaut Ravens red zone offense failed to score a touchdown against the Browns in 4+ quarters.
    History was already made.

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Looks like it is the year for quarterbacks to make NFL history. Joe Flacco is in the history book as well.

The Baltimore Ravens are more than just the only perfect team in the red zone this season.
    The Ravens are also NFL record-setters when it comes to reaching the end zone inside the 20-yard line. Baltimore became the first team in league history to score touchdowns on its first 13 red zone trips.
    congrats to your team Ed... let's see where all that takes them...
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    congrats to your team Ed... let's see where all that takes them...
    Thank you LP. It's nice to hear from you. I heard you guys had the worst single day rainfall in a long time, then I heard it was two inches of rain.

Philadelphia football analyst says Eagles should abstain from sex

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-sex/23555744/

Again, you claimed:

The Baltimore Ravens are more than just the only perfect team in the red zone this season.
    And I proved demonstrably that you are wrong, wrong, wrong. You have yet to disprove this.

Then you claimed this:
    Baltimore became the first team in league history to score touchdowns on its first 13 red zone trips.
    Yet you inflated this by one TD in the link you provided as proof. I chose not to quibble over one more TD which would have been the pinnacle of nit-picking. You might want to take note.

Most importantly, the successes of the professional team that you choose to support does not validate your existence nor does their successes make you any more successful. Artificially inflating stats or out-and-out lying about them only makes you all the more pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Then you claimed this:

Yet you inflated this by one TD in the link you provided as proof. I chose not to quibble over one more TD which would have been the pinnacle of nit-picking. You might want to take note.

Most importantly, the successes of the professional team that you choose to support does not validate your existence nor does their successes make you any more successful. Artificially inflating stats or out-and-out lying about them only makes you all the more pathetic.

Alex Collins Pass From Joe Flacco for 3 Yrds J.Tucker extra point is GOOD, Center-M.Cox, Holder-S.Koch. This was their 13th consecutive trip to the red zone during the Steeler game after the article was posted the week before. Now this is the second time today you have attacked me and tried to denigrate and berate me. You've done this to me in the past but nothing was ever done. I've been censored three times this year defending myself from people doing to me what you are doing. I need any moderator to kick you off this site for doing what you are doing. I am hoping there are still a couple people on here who will do the right thing and also contact any moderator to get you removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    at least my dumpster has an empty pizza box in it. That means some fun has been had.
    Last edited by Klonk; 10-09-2018 at 11:34 PM.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    at least my dumpster has an empty pizza box in it. That means some has been had.
    Love the half full glass attitude!

The Browns are ranked 18th in ESPNs power rankings, rare air for us. However, we do have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule. (We've already played Pittsburgh, Nawlins, and Baltimore.)

Alex Collins Pass From Joe Flacco for 3 Yrds J.Tucker extra point is GOOD, Center-M.Cox, Holder-S.Koch. This was their 13th consecutive trip to the red zone during the Steeler game after the article was posted the week before. Now this is the second time today you have attacked me and tried to denigrate and berate me. You've done this to me in the past but nothing was ever done. I've been censored three times this year defending myself from people doing to me what you are doing. I need any moderator to kick you off this site for doing what you are doing. I am hoping there are still a couple people on here who will do the right thing and also contact any moderator to get you removed.
    Number one: If you gotten yourself kicked off numerous times, that is solely your own fault. Don't point fingers at anyone else. Saying "YOU got me kicked off" shows that you fail to see that you are the problem. Take responsibility for your own actions.

Number Two: Again you completely failed to address the lie that they are perfect in the red zone. You have had three opportunities and all three times you chose to ignore it. Is it really that hard to admit that you are wrong?

Number Three: pointing where you are wrong is not denigrating you, berating you or attacking you. It is simply demonstrating that you are inaccurate and that you either need to support your claim or retract it. Stop whining.

Man you guys take awfully seriously a bunch of pampered, spoiled twenty and thirty something year old jocks earning millions of dollars to play a game running up and down a field. Why do you care so much about these guys to the point of arguing with each other. Do you think they care an iota about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    Man you guys take awfully seriously a bunch of pampered, spoiled twenty and thirty something year old jocks earning millions of dollars to play a game running up and down a field. Why do you care so much about these guys to the point of arguing with each other. Do you think they care an iota about you?
    Women have soap operas. We have Pro Football and this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    Best post of the day. Perhaps of the year. Kudos

Mind if I use that as my signature? You'll receive full credit.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Browns are ranked 18th in ESPNs power rankings, rare air for us. However, we do have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule. (We've already played Pittsburgh, Nawlins, and Baltimore.)
    The entire AFC North is in the top 18! We have the 4th toughest schedule remaining. Rats- 10th. Cincy- 13th.

I've been censored three times this year defending myself from people doing to me what you are doing. I need any moderator to kick you off this site for doing what you are doing. I am hoping there are still a couple people on here who will do the right thing and also contact any moderator to get you removed.
    Don't push it, Ed. I think portraying yourself as a victim indicates that, after all this time, you refuse or are incapable of seeing your role in all this for years (and I'm talking incidents beyond the tin foil Ravens fan schtick). There is no one currently on this website that has been given more rope than you. It's too bad you seem intent on hanging yourself with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Number Three: pointing where you are wrong is not denigrating you, berating you or attacking you. It is simply demonstrating that you are inaccurate and that you either need to support your claim or retract it. Stop whining.
    Regardless, let's dial it back. Sports discussion can get close to the heart, but your rhetoric has gotten over the top. It's just a game after all.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    It's just a game after all.
    It is?

Bill Shankly (Liverpool Manager) - "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that"
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I root for 2 teams: Raiders and Cards. Right now we're aligning ourselves to be picking 1st and 2nd in the next draft.... Why did I order Sunday Ticket this season???
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Seahawks ranked 20th behind Browns, Redskins, Dolphins & Titans? That seems a little bizarre.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.