Page 46 of 125 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'm sad to see someone wearing number 11 for Detroit. That's Greg Landry's number. I would think it had been retired.

Pretty solid game for the Giants today all around. Good to see...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

New England looked like a shell of their former selves tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    New England looked like a shell of their former selves tonight.
    dunno if Gordon will help, but Edelman *will* change everything
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Nice win for the Seahawks over the Cowboys.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'll take the win. I'm still in shock.

Once again the Cinderella Raiders turned into a pumpkin in the 4th quarter. There was a reason Chuckie was in the broadcast booth for all these years. Season over in September...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Nice win for the Seahawks over the Cowboys.
    Do people still think that Dak is good?

Yo Vic! Looks like it might be safe to buy a hat again!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The shot of McCarthy charging at the refs made the Clay RTP call worth it. I thought he was gonna bodyslam a ref. "Roughing!??? I'll show you roughing!!!!"

I feel like I say this almost every year but man, these first 3 weeks were uh..really odd. That said, I still have no doubt that the Pats are gonna finish 13-3 (after the requisite week of "is the dynasty over!?"), Dolphins are gonna finish 9-7, Chiefs are gonna rattle off 11 straight, limp into the playoffs at 13-3 and get crushed the first game
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

If the Vikings don't get their sh@t together fast, they could be 1-3-1 after road trips to LA Rams and Philly the next 2 weeks. What a difference one game makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yo Vic! Looks like it might be safe to buy a hat again!
    I've got a few Dolphins hats, I just haven't worn one yet this season. I'm not superstitious but.........

I'm still not convinced. I just don't trust them. But I'll hand it to Tanny. He ran for yardage to get first downs and connected on some long passes. Running game left something to be desired. We'll see.

Raiders handed you that game. The defense's ineptitude on the double reverse pass, the INT in the end zone on a potential go ahead score, the long run where nobody looked like they were in position... and that's just the 4th quarter. The goal line stand by the Fins in the 1st quarter, the other INT when the Raiders had the ball in Miami's end....

Two years ago we were the supposed heir apparents, now the season may end with the words " The Raiders are now on the clock..."

Yay Chuckie....

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    I still have no doubt that the Pats are gonna finish 13-3 (after the requisite week of "is the dynasty over!?"), Dolphins are gonna finish 9-7, Chiefs are gonna rattle off 11 straight, limp into the playoffs at 13-3 and get crushed the first game
    It does seem like these are yearly occurrences.

It's interesting how many of us thought the new helmet rule would have everyone outraged when instead it's the ridiculous roughing the passer rule that is driving everyone crazy. The NFL constantly finds new ways to piss off their fans. And they wonder why ratings are down.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That RTP rule is not being applied uniformly.. Carr got crushed yesterday: no call. A little later, Tannehill got hit, not quite as hard: call. WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    That RTP rule is not being applied uniformly.. Carr got crushed yesterday: no call. A little later, Tannehill got hit, not quite as hard: call. WTF?!
    It's just a stupid rule.

I mean, even in that game you had someone doing a 360 body slam on Rodgers, no flag. It's weird that every year that league vows to do something about the arbitrary nature of their rules and every year it somehow gets worse. I'm actually impressed that the NFL finds new ways to shoot themselves in the foot every year. That said the emergence of several great-looking rookie QBs may save their asses this year (just as an unexpectedly awesome playoffs seemed to save them last year).

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Raiders handed you that game. The defense's ineptitude on the double reverse pass, the INT in the end zone on a potential go ahead score, the long run where nobody looked like they were in position... and that's just the 4th quarter. The goal line stand by the Fins in the 1st quarter, the other INT when the Raiders had the ball in Miami's end....

Two years ago we were the supposed heir apparents, now the season may end with the words " The Raiders are now on the clock..."

Yay Chuckie....
    There were a lot of flags yesterday that favored both teams but it looked like the Raiders were penalized more than the Dolphins. Like I mentioned in a previous post, if we're in this game it's because the Raiders are getting flagged like crazy. We got kicked around in the first half. Our d-line looked like cardboard cutouts against Lynch. It's still early in the season. The Raiders have talent but lack discipline. The Dolphins? Not sure if we just got lucky. There were times that I was disgusted with Tanny, then he'd do something heroic. What will it take for me to believe in this team?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Do people still think that Dak is good?
    I am not sure anyone thought he was an elite QB, but when you start your career year going 13-3, there has to be *something* there. Last year was the year where many of us debated Dak and his inability to convert longer plays. At first it seemed the hesitance was surrounding "easing him in", then it was about "well, maybe the offense isn't designed for longer plays", but there is something wrong and Dak looks clueless out there. At least in the Giants game, they created more plays where he becomes a threat to run. That worked well.

But the main thing that I see different (besides a diminished offensive line), is the "poise" is gone. His poise was instantly what stood out to me about Dak's first season. A QB without confidence will pretty much always fail. That's what I see now and I don't see anything currently designed to remedy that. So, I think I'd rather see the Cowboys "suck for Luck", tank this year, and draft a QB next year.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm still not convinced. I just don't trust them. But I'll hand it to Tanny. He ran for yardage to get first downs and connected on some long passes. Running game left something to be desired. We'll see.
    The Dolphins haven't played any good teams yet, but they can only play the games in the order of the schedule.

You say you are not convinced and that you don't trust them. Trust them to do what - be one of the better teams in the league? I don't think that's a realistic worry. Trust them to not wind up with a losing record? I think they're well on their way to earning that trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I am not sure anyone thought he was an elite QB
    I read plenty of stuff saying that he was going to be beyond elite.

he certainly looked that way in his first year!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I am not sure anyone thought he was an elite QB, but when you start your career year going 13-3, there has to be *something* there. Last year was the year where many of us debated Dak and his inability to convert longer plays. At first it seemed the hesitance was surrounding "easing him in", then it was about "well, maybe the offense isn't designed for longer plays", but there is something wrong and Dak looks clueless out there. At least in the Giants game, they created more plays where he becomes a threat to run. That worked well.

But the main thing that I see different (besides a diminished offensive line), is the "poise" is gone. His poise was instantly what stood out to me about Dak's first season. A QB without confidence will pretty much always fail. That's what I see now and I don't see anything currently designed to remedy that. So, I think I'd rather see the Cowboys "suck for Luck", tank this year, and draft a QB next year.
    It's funny how "poise" can be tied to an immortally great O-line and excellent talent elsewhere all over the offense.

As I said last year, I still think Dak is a QB who is good enough to start in the NFL. He's not much of a pocket passer and he can't run a full offense, but if you surround him with talent, I think you can win with him. That's not the highest of praise, but there are QBs out there who you can't necessarily even say this about. Dak, on the other hand, generally makes good decisions, is respected as a leader, and enhances the value of his running and passing game by the ability to be efficiently effective at both.

But, he's not a star, and during the 13-3 run people attributed way too much of the team's success to him. That blindness robbed the Cowboys of a chance to win a super bowl that year by not playing Romo when he got healthy.

^^^ yeah I think that's on the mark. he looked awesome that first year but I think a lot of QBs would if you gave them an O-line like that. I, like a lot of people, thought "he's probably gonna improve in his 2nd and 3rd year and wind up a Top-10 QB". hasn't really happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post

You say you are not convinced and that you don't trust them. Trust them to do what - ?
    Show some steady improvement from year to year. Is that too much to ask of the home team? That's all. I have no reason to expect them to have a winning record this season, so I'll wait and see what their record is after 8 games. If we go 8-8, there's the improvement.

Show some steady improvement from year to year. Is that too much to ask of the home team? That's all. I have no reason to expect them to have a winning record this season, so I'll wait and see what their record is after 8 games. If we go 8-8, there's the improvement.
    They're 3-0 and don't play a really hard schedule this year. I'd say that if the sights are set on 8-8, then they're well on their way.

Player A: 11 TD, 6 INT, 71.8 rating, 6.32 yards per attempt, 33 sacks taken

Player B: 8 TD, 11 INT, 74.2 rating, 6.28 yards per attempt, 33 sacks taken

Player A: Tim Tebow's final 11 career starts as a quarterback.

Player B: Dak Prescott's last 11 games.