Page 26 of 125 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

The NFL really needs to loosen its collective sphincter about their regs on what teams and players wear. Teams should be able to get out of an atrocious uniform scheme. How much longer will those atrocious Seahawks unis be inflicted upon us? And let the players wear what the hell they want on their feet, like the NBA. And for fuck's sake, drop the pink accessories during breast cancer month. It is just pandering and it looks HIDEOUS!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    . And for fuck's sake, drop the pink accessories during breast cancer month. It is just pandering and it looks HIDEOUS!
    Thank you.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    The NFL really needs to loosen its collective sphincter about their regs on what teams and players wear. Teams should be able to get out of an atrocious uniform scheme. How much longer will those atrocious Seahawks unis be inflicted upon us? And let the players wear what the hell they want on their feet, like the NBA. And for fuck's sake, drop the pink accessories during breast cancer month. It is just pandering and it looks HIDEOUS!
    The neon green? don't think I've ever seen more than a handful of fans wearing them, awful. The pink everywhere is awful.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    So you think the stripe is gonna make the uniform look that much better?
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Which team?
    The Browns. Our utter moron of a head coach has them playing in camp & the preseason games without the brown & white stripe on their helmets, under the guise of "earning your stripes," which I believe is a military term. They will of course all have it on for game 1 of the regular season as it's part of the official uniform.

No, I'm not making this up. He's a really nice guy, but he's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    We're expecting a 6-10 season.
    Perspective, Vic, perspective. We're expecting a 6-10 season and are practically giddy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Browns. Our utter moron of a head coach has them playing in camp & the preseason games without the brown & white stripe on their helmets, under the guise of "earning your stripes," which I believe is a military term. They will of course all have it on for game 1 of the regular season as it's part of the official uniform.

No, I'm not making this up. He's a really nice guy, but he's an idiot.
    HBO’s Hard Knocks may not have been a good call. Team looks dysfunctional and misguided.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    HBO’s Hard Knocks may not have been a good call. Team looks dysfunctional and misguided.
    In fairness, we knew that prior to watching hard Knocks.

Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The problem with the Dolphins is........Tannihill. he's athletic, he's a good soldier, a trooper, a fine young, American man. But he is NOT a good NFL QB. His mechanics and timing are off. Get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    The problem with the Dolphins is........Tannihill. he's athletic, he's a good soldier, a trooper, a fine young, American man. But he is NOT a good NFL QB. His mechanics and timing are off. Get rid of him.
    Until he throws 7 tds in the first 2 games with no picks!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

^ You got a better chance of flying to Jupiter in a balloon.

I couldn't find any NFL preseason on the stream, so I'm watching the CFL: the Green Bay Packers against the Colorado Avalanche.

You guys familiar with the "twitter" account of Capt. Andrew Luck? It's the only reason I ever look at twitter as it's too funny. One recent post:

"Dearest mother — I have received your care package of salted sparrow knuckles, dried skunk bites and, of course, squirrel oil. The unit will begin its march tomorrow to confront the Hawks of the Sea. I will finally see battlefield action. Do not fret. I will be cautious. — Andrew".

Whoever is in charge of this account is brilliant. Salted sparrow knuckles, skunk bites and squirrel oil? I couldn't come up with that nonsense on my best day.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

You guys should form a Fantasy Football League.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm in a very silly one on Progarchives.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    You guys should form a Fantasy Football League.
    we have...

1 or 2 slots left

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...1745252a0f19f9
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    How much longer will those atrocious Seahawks unis be inflicted upon us?
    Probably until the Seahawks go through a dry spell. Otherwise, the Seahawks fans like them (and doesn't give a shit if anyone else doesn't like them)
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Is everybody feeling OK out there?

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...bets-las-vegas

There's reason for optimism, but this is sucking on the gullible spigot wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    True Guice was still available, but I have seen some pundits arguing that Johnson is a better fit with Detroit's scheme with long arms and catch passing ability out of the backfield. To be honest, I don't know that much about him. The only games I saw Auburn play this year were the bowl game loss and the part of the Alabama game.
    Re Kerryon "Luggage" Johnson: Everything I've read on him says he's been very impressive in camp, and some are speculating that he could be Offensive ROY.

Watching the Battle of New York now. Well, it's more of a tussle than a battle, so far.

Ravens lose a starting cornerback for four games because he had an argument with a previous girlfriend. They also lose their first pick for 3-4 games with a hairline fracture in his foot.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Gee, Ed. You're so compassionate and enlightened.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Gee, Ed. You're so compassionate and enlightened.
    Thank you

I was at a Cowboy's game and saw a male Cowboys fan peeing standing up. I thought they would win another super bowl before ever seeing that.

so, you're saying our girl fans are tough as nails
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?