Page 101 of 125 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

What is everyone's go-to site for NFL news? Mine is ProFootballTalk - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/

And man, do I hate ProFootballFocus. Nothing but meaningless stats without context.
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I was actually alright with the Chargers 'fumble', to me it looked like it was still in his hands until he hit the ground. The Bears incomplete pass one was weird, seems a completely stupid rule for it to go back to an incompletion if no-one picks up the fumble. My guess is that they will address it in the off season, catch & fumble & then if no-one recovers it goes to the fumbler same as a ball going out of bounds. Maybe the ref should have just stood next to the ball waiting for someone to come over and pick it up the same way a home plate umpire does when waiting to see if someone will appeal a missed tag or run.
    It was clearly a fumble, and that was a 14 point swing costing the Ravens the game. The referee interfered with a live ball so it should have been dead at the spot for the Bears. Chargers and Eagles were gifted their wins, but the NFL didn't want defensive teams in the super bowl. It's kind of boring.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

It's starting to come out that they were told not to put Flacco in the game no matter what. That's kind of a slap in the face to a team that worked hard to get to the playoffs.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    It's starting to come out that they were told not to put Flacco in the game no matter what. That's kind of a slap in the face to a team that worked hard to get to the playoffs.
    Told by who?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

ratbird.jpg

Too soon?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Told by who?
    The owner.

It was clearly a fumble,
    No, it wasn't clear at all. They showed replay after replay, and the retired ref in the booth thought it was a fumble, and the color and the play-by-play man both thought it was not a fumble. In a case like that, you stay with the call on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    No, it wasn't clear at all. They showed replay after replay, and the retired ref in the booth thought it was a fumble, and the color and the play-by-play man both thought it was not a fumble. In a case like that, you stay with the call on the field.
    Agreed.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    It's quite an embarrassment for the Vikings is what it is. What's funnier is that the Bears could have thrown the game in the 2nd half knowing they'd be the 3rd seed and could have played the Vikings in Chicago next week. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for them as they now to have to face a potentially scary Eagles team instead of a flailing Vikings one.
    Hmmmmm...
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

The ball came loose in his hands and he never regained total control before it hit the ground.

The ball came loose in his hands and he never regained total control before it hit the ground.
    My eyes aren't as good as yours. I watched it over and over (during the game, not after,) and I did not conclusively see that.

looked pretty clear that he lost control before he was down, but as you say, it has to be indisputable for them to reverse the call
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    looked pretty clear that he lost control before he was down, but as you say, it has to be indisputable for them to reverse the call
    The ball was constantly moving in his hands until it hit the ground, but it doesn't really matter now, like the blown call in Chicago.

The way it reads around here, if the NFL didn't hate the Ravens so much, the Ravens would never lose a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The way it reads around here, if the NFL didn't hate the Ravens so much, the Ravens would never lose a game.
    The NFL is no different than the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Except for their coach & QB who are also plotting against them. It's pretty amazing they made the play-offs, all those other players must be surefire HOF'ers to overcome all that.
    Ian

you mean we all hate the Ravens?!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Not sure what putting in Flacco would have done. Jackson wasn't missing receivers or getting confused by coverage - he was running for his life. At least his legs work. Flacco's don't. Only thing the Ravens would have gotten if they put in Flacco is an additional time-out while Flacco is put onto the stretcher. If a team is getting killed by the pass-rush, I'm not sure why anybody thinks that a possible solution was to put in a guy who only has value when he can sit in the pocket for a few seconds so that he can gun the ball downfield (the only thing that distinguishes Flacco is his ability to complete long passes). The Chargers have a big-time defense and they came to play yesterday. Sometimes you just have to tip the hat.

I thought the Chargers decision to use safeties at the linebacker positions was brilliant.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The Bears incomplete pass one was weird, seems a completely stupid rule for it to go back to an incompletion if no-one picks up the fumble. My guess is that they will address it in the off season, catch & fumble & then if no-one recovers it goes to the fumbler same as a ball going out of bounds. Maybe the ref should have just stood next to the ball waiting for someone to come over and pick it up the same way a home plate umpire does when waiting to see if someone will appeal a missed tag or run.
    Completely agree with all of this.

the NFL didn't want defensive teams in the super bowl. It's kind of boring.

Except for their coach & QB who are also plotting against them. It's pretty amazing they made the play-offs, all those other players must be surefire HOF'ers to overcome all that.
    Don't forget the owner, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The Chargers have a big-time defense and they came to play yesterday.
    Nonsense. Ed just told us that the NFL didn't want teams with good defenses advancing.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Conspiracy theories aside, there were some very crazy plays where it was difficult to see what exactly transpired. I thought, upon seeing the reviews, that the proper calls were made, even if some went against teams I was rooting for...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Told by who?
    Flacco said it was pre-determined that he would not be used in the game. I don't blame the fans for booing at the coaches and the owner for playing to lose. The Chargers said the Ravens ran the exact same plays they did two weeks ago and never changed anything in the game. The fans spent too much money on PSL's and tickets for them not to have the best possible product on the field. People forget how fast Flacco marched them downfield to score the tying touchdown against the Saints at the end of the game. I read if you took away the defensive and special teams points Flacco put up more points than Action Jackson. I doubt if any receivers even want to come back to the Ravens next year. If there's a #1 receiver on the board when the Ravens pick he's gonna jump up and yell "I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL"

Kliff Kingsbury new HC of the Cards? Cards are my #2 team (my girlfriend's team). Should I be happy about this or is it a huge mistake? The guy has no NFL coaching experience at any level iirc...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Kliff Kingsbury new HC of the Cards? Cards are my #2 team (my girlfriend's team). Should I be happy about this or is it a huge mistake? The guy has no NFL coaching experience at any level iirc...
    The rumor is the Browns have it down to OC Freddie Kitchens and Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski. It's a copycat league and everybody is trying to catch lightning in a bottle and hire the next Sean McVay or Matt Nagy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    This is the same guy who...

...went 16-21 with Mahomes as a QB. In the Big 12, no less.

...decided to go with Davis Webb instead of Baker Mayfield, which in part contributed to Mayfield transferring from Texas Tech.

...had only one 8 win season as a college HC...and that was with his predecessor's recruits.

Personally I'm pretty damn ecstatic about the hire.