Thread: Where do you get information about new releases from?

Where do you get information about new releases from?

Not necessarily prog - PE does the job well - but mainly other musical areas. Please help!

Besides here, I get a lot from Facebook. I also subscribe to Classic Rock, Prog, and Progression Magazines.

This site is helpful:

http://newprogreleases.blogspot.com

I usually follow my favorite artists on Twitter and Facebook, and most of the artists I like are talked about on the forums I visit.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Besides here, recommendations from friends.

Wayside, Laser's Edge, Boomkat and Experimedia weekly newsletters are big sources.

Also, lots of Bandcamp patronage left me following a ton of artists and labels.

That is most of it for me.

I went to the store recently and an album was played from a new project - the Final Age. It's a very peculiar mix of fusion, electronica, kraut and lots of other elements and it is brilliant - I picked up the vinyl. Released February the 9th . And I realized that if I wasn't so lucky I would probably have missed this. Hence my anxiety...

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I went to the store recently and an album was played from a new project - the Final Age. It's a very peculiar mix of fusion, electronica, kraut and lots of other elements and it is brilliant - I picked up the vinyl. Released February the 9th . And I realized that if I wasn't so lucky I would probably have missed this. Hence my anxiety...
    Stores can still be a good source for discoveries, although there are far fewer stores now. But the "now playing" selections at Soundgarden in Baltimore have resulted in instant sales more than once.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Well. I define New as New To Me. It may be a recent release of new material, or a re release.
    So
    Here, friends, Wayside ( and a couple of other online merchants ), Festival exposure, top 10/50/100 lists
    Google+ has some progressive communities but they suffer from the 'good 'ole days' syndrome. But new stuff pops up there regularly.
    I used to listen to Pandora a lot and found much new music there , for a while.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 03-03-2018 at 04:39 PM.

rateyourmusic is my main resource, apart from here.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...