Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Ghost Island - C'mon in guys!

Survivor Ghost Island - C'mon in guys!

Survivor Ghost Island begins on February 28th. Finally, we'll get to see how past mistakes will play into this season!

Sorry for the little thumbnail. I don't know how post images here so that they appear full size in the post. Perhaps Gruno can help. He's good at this stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 02-26-2018 at 09:46 PM.

I'm in!

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post

Sorry for the little thumbnail. I don't know how post images here so that they appear full size in the post. Perhaps Gruno can help. He's good at this stuff.
    It is pretty easy.

[img]copy paste image web address[/img]

Like this:

Looking forward to all the ghosts of the pasts coming forward to haunt again. Everyone of these guys should have studied every prior season. Somehow I bet only a few have....
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I wonder if some of the ghosts will be former contestants who will battle current contestants in challenges.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I'm in of course.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

In

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I wonder if some of the ghosts will be former contestants who will battle current contestants in challenges.
    I think I would like this...Like a redemption island but always against former constestants is something I could probably get behind, at least in theory. It seems odd to use other people's mistakes (some obviously glaring ones like Eric's or James') to haunt new players that haven't done anything wrong yet. But I guess we shall s3ee.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'll give it a whirl again this season.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Oooh! I like this idea!

And if the current contestant loses, the former contestant replaces them. HA! That could be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    It is pretty easy.

[img]copy paste image web address[/img]
    Thanks. It didn't work. Maybe because that page is made up of a bunch of images, instead of just one image.

Thanks. It didn't work. Maybe because that page is made up of a bunch of images, instead of just one image.
    Strange, it should work anyway. Can you just post link the of image here, I want to try it now?

Post the IMAGE's address, not the web page's address.

I can't take a web page and scan it for images - I need to know the actual picture you want to post.

To get the image's URL: Right-click the picture you want to post, click "copy image address" (or similar language, depending on the browser you're using), and put that between the "IMG" tags.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Post the IMAGE's address, not the web page's address.

I can't take a web page and scan it for images - I need to know the actual picture you want to post.

To get the image's URL: Right-click the picture you want to post, click "copy image address" (or similar language, depending on the browser you're using), and put that between the "IMG" tags.
    See, that's what I thought. Each photo on that page is it's own image. So I can only post one image at a time. I was going to test this out with the most handsome male contestant but, frankly, there isn't one. It's a disappointing cast from that perspective. So I'll test it with Jeff. He's a handsome dude.

There we go. I see how this works now. Thanks guys!

Do a search for "Jeff Probst nude" and be prepared as he hangs around the clothing rack...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    See, that's what I thought. Each photo on that page is it's own image. So I can only post one image at a time. I was going to test this out with the most handsome male contestant but, frankly, there isn't one. It's a disappointing cast from that perspective. So I'll test it with Jeff. He's a handsome dude.

There we go. I see how this works now. Thanks guys!
    Nice shirt! You might be a redneck if your shirt features velcro...

No thanks. Some things are better left to the imagination. Now, if you want to see beautiful nudes, Google hockey player Joffrey Lupal. Tasteful, artsy, and HUBBA HUBBA!!

I think we're getting off topic here...and I need a cold drink.

Do a search for "Jeff Probst nude" and be prepared as he hangs around the clothing rack...
    Um, and why were you searching for "Jeff Probst nude" Gruno? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hah! I was waiting for someone to chime in with that question. When the pic was, ahem... exposed... TMZ gave the key words to search in their article. Um, really. I swear.

Jacob

OK it seems promising. Interesting blend of people this time around it would seem. There's already a handful I don't and will not like and already there's dumb moves made

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Jacob
    Every season I assign as many nicknames to contestants because I usually can't keep track of their names when the season starts.

I instantly named Jacob, "Hair Bear", from the Hannah-Barbera cartoons... pictured on the left, obviously.

Too bad Jacob went so early. Survivor's Seth Rogan could have provided a lot of laughs along the way.

Ghost Island is pretty cool. I like how sometimes it will offer a challenge for an advantage, and others it won't.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Got to love how the show shifts right into game right from the start. Cool idea to give the option to pull the plug early and preserve a consolation prize. The losing tribes leader I think did a bad job all around by picking the wrong person for the puzzle with no reservation then dropping the bottom out on the challenge when I think she still had a chance of winning.

The sands running out of the hourglass does give him some cover on that, and is an awesome addition to the challenge arsenal of options.

No question I am bummed that Gonzalez was the first to go. (heynow) But her arrogant performance at TC no doubt sealed her fate. IMV she had not had the time to build up the kind of relationships with her tribe to be able to just go openly scheming and whispering in selected ears. (and non-whispering in non-selected ears).

But that did save Donathon, who seems like a huge underdog and really likable enough to pull for. Hope he gets in an alliance fast though.

Jacob, Jacob, Jacob. Definitely one of the guys who did not do his homework and pay attention to the Ghosts of the past. First I was delighted that he had some sense and made himself what seemed like a credible fake idol. Then he goes and brags about his advanced skills of deception and then delivers a truly pathetic performance in front of the tribe. He didn't even do that great of a job telling just the truth about Ghost Island, let alone what happened to idol paperwork.

Then he claims to be such a big fan.... who gets seduced by the very first flirty girl that starts talking game with him....while buying everything she has to say like a sap...and then he doubles down on his sappiness by spilling the beans on the fake idol with her and the advantage idol and who he gave it to. (Just like Sierra's ghost)

Burned by that ghost for sure, though it should help that girl, who I am also now pulling for.

Also have to love the new flaming eyes at the TC vote shack. Way cool.

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Too bad Jacob went so early. Survivor's Seth Rogan could have provided a lot of laughs along the way.
    HA! That's almost exactly what I said to my husband right down to the Seth Rogan comparison. Jacob would have been fun to watch. I was sorry to see him go.

I was not at all sorry to see Gonzalez go. As soon as she started whispering at TC, I wanted her to leave. I wonder whether she was out from the beginning or if her behaviour flipped people.

I hope that Donathan sticks around for while. He seems like one of those people for who Survivor is a life changing experience, where he will gain confidence and grow as a person. I love to watch people like him flourish on this show.

And there is some male eye candy on this season after all. The photos posted on the CBS website don't do some of these men justice.