Thread: DISCLAIMER: NOT REALLY PROG The Opium Cartel new single out today

DISCLAIMER: NOT REALLY PROG The Opium Cartel new single out today

Most of you will scratch your head, some will downright hate this, but for the precious few who are as perversely eclectic as me, maybe our new The Opium Cartel single - a cover of a Ratt song - will make sense.

https://itunes.apple.com/no/album/wh...gle/1346131585

Don't bother telling me THAT'S NOT PROG - I already disclaimed. But I'm flashing my prog credentials and posting anyway

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Sounds good, Jacob.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Is it true there will be a DVD of the video with a special version that was shot from behind the dancer?

Since I'm not familiar with the original version I have no reference (I quit listening to Ratt after their Invasion Of Your Privacy album), but I dig your version.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is it true there will be a DVD of the video with a special version that was shot from behind the dancer?
    Setting up a crowdfunder as we speak: 100$ gets you the 360 view video, 1000$ gets you one sans textiles and 10 000$ gets you a session in the flesh. We aim to please.

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    Since I'm not familiar with the original version I have no reference (I quit listening to Ratt after their Invasion Of Your Privacy album), but I dig your version.
    I basically quite them after Invasion too, but this is the one really good track off Reach for the Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    Setting up a crowdfunder as we speak: 100$ gets you the 360 view video, 1000$ gets you one sans textiles and 10 000$ gets you a session in the flesh. We aim to please.
    I'll go for the $1000 option!

Jacob, I asked this on FB, but is the "album cover" you posted the cover for the album, or for the single?

It's the single cover. The full album is still at a demo stage, so we haven't gotten as far as thinking about the cover. But it will be something good - although I don't quite know how to top Bruno Dayan's photo for "Ardor" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    It's the single cover. The full album is still at a demo stage, so we haven't gotten as far as thinking about the cover. But it will be something good - although I don't quite know how to top Bruno Dayan's photo for "Ardor" ...
    I see some possibilities on his website. Like the one I'd call Tree Hugger! Just get rid of the textiles (there's something about them that really spoils the photo).

The single cover is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Well, since you MENTION the video (but don't post it ), I did some searching and now understand why they called it "Hair Rock" back then:

Nice synthi-pop AOR.
    (Only know RATT from album-covers...)

^ Oops, sorry about that! I only know of Ratt because of their inability to spell Rat.

What a shame that you are too late to have Milton Berle in the video!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

A-Ha hypnotized to think they are Ratt! Very cool :-) I've always really liked Ratt. I thought they were one of the better acts of that genre and write good tunes.

How’s the album coming along?