Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Todd Rundgren's Utopia Tour!

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    He also treated us to a second grade sing-along tune and at one point, feigned to fall asleep at the microphone from disinterest. Hilarious. I'd like my $90 back along with the 3 hours of my life I wasted. A lot of people got up and left. It was surreal!
    Sounds like now you'll know not to go to one of the "Unpredictable Todd" shows in the future. But I'm not sure why you went in the first place.

despite being called unpredictable they are fairly predictable at this point given he has been doing shows like this for a few years. I grabbed cheap seats for mine as I said definitely my least favorite todd show style of the various ones he has done but hoping for a fun time with the correct expectations. actually kinda bummed if he is doing muskrat love again he did it last time he came around with unpredictable was thinking maybe there would be a new stock of covers this time around.

Can you believe they actually flubbed the beginning of "Muskrat Love" and had to start over? Yup! Quality stuff! They nailed the Melanie song "Brand New Key", though! A smoking rendition!

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Can you believe they actually flubbed the beginning of "Muskrat Love" and had to start over? Yup! Quality stuff! They nailed the Melanie song "Brand New Key", though! A smoking rendition!
    It must be nice to never make a mistake.

I realize that many fans of Utopia prefer their later albums to the debut

but for those who love the debut album
    do any of you wish that the title cut Utopia had better Bass/low end?

If so, this is for you:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8dvfhoasli1sm/
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?