Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Starcastle?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Gary and I very much wanted George to sing on the record for a number of reasons. Among them, he has an incredible voice, he wrote the songs with Gary and I and so knew how to properly sing them, he was a very dear friend and he was a member of the band for years. Unfortunately George had a number of other commitments and was simply going to be unavailable for an extended period of time.

Many thanks for the info.

Very much looking forward to the new project!

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    it's like Jon Anderson crossed with Teletubbies.
    I assume you're aware that the man who wrote the 'tubbies theme, Andrew McCrorie-Shand, was indeed the keysman with Druid, an attemptive "prog" band in the 70s whose Yesness far outdid that of Starcastle.

"Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What? No wings on this Glue bait?
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I assume you're aware that the man who wrote the 'tubbies theme, Andrew McCrorie-Shand, was indeed the keysman with Druid, an attemptive "prog" band in the 70s whose Yesness far outdid that of Starcastle.
    Actually I wasn't, but that shows my instincts are on point.

New website is up:

http://www.starcastlerocks.com

The blurb that they posted:

An archive release titled "Alchemy" is available for download. Alchemy is a compilation of songs written while we were based in San Francisco, taken from demos, live shows and rehearsals. Alchemy consists of the original versions of six songs which were re-recorded later and released on our last studio album "Song of Times". Alchemy also includes five never-before-released songs. Please visit us on our website to read about the making of Alchemy and for an introduction to the current players”