Thread: Public Service Broadcasting

Public Service Broadcasting

Not sure if I have ever seen this band mentioned here before. I just got turned on to their 2017 album “Every Valley” and am really digging it. The album is a concept piece about Welsh Coal Mining. It was named one of the top albums of the year by Prog magazine which is how I found out about it. Curious if anyone here is into these guys, and if so, how are their other albums?

I've got their last three CDs. To my ears this is the weakest of the three but charming none-the-less.
    It's a Good Thing I Don't Have Super Brain Powers Or You'd All Be In A Thousand Little Pieces Right Now (Forever Einstein).

Quote Originally Posted by Meme Prog Mutation View Post
    I've got their last three CDs. To my ears this is the weakest of the three but charming none-the-less.
    Cool, I will have to check out their earlier stuff.

The Race for Space is brilliant. They've got a very unique thing going and do it quite well.
    Jonathan Byrne
    http://jdbyrne.net

Quote Originally Posted by RaelWV View Post
    The Race for Space is brilliant. They've got a very unique thing going and do it quite well.
    My favorite PSB album.

The Race For Space seemed like a strong concept but with weak music to my ears I'm afraid.

Saw them in New Zealand in 2015 perform The Race for Space. Was an excellent show! The only disc I have is the Live at Brixton DVD and that's very enjoyable.