Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grammys

Cool effects on that one!

Banned
    is that her outfit tonight? Katy Perry is way hot and a lot of her tunes are actually catchy

Gotye gets Record of the Year!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    is that her outfit tonight? Katy Perry is way hot and a lot of her tunes are actually catchy
    Debbi Gibson was way hot and a lot of her tunes were actually catchy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    Debbi Gibson was way hot and a lot of her tunes were actually catchy.
    dude, stop thread stalking me! My word!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Me neither, but TV's Andy Levy twitted "Jack White was actually bred in a lab to be a Tim Burton character but he escaped"
    That's the funniest thing I've heard in a very long time!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Gotye gets Record of the Year!
    well deserved.

Ryan Seacrest GRAMMY's Honorary Chairman??? They could not find anyone else???

Who tf are Alabama Shakes?

That woman was killer on "The Weight"!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    dude, stop thread stalking me! My word!
    What? You don't like Debbi Gibson? I thought she would be right up your alley, you bein' all 80's and shit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    wow, what does that even mean?

Does anyone know what song I heard somewhere in the last 45 mins.? I believe it was a nominee (can't recall what category now) & all I heard playing in the background were the words "something's wrong". Male singer, sounded like rock.

Any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Does anyone know what song I heard somewhere in the last 45 mins.? I believe it was a nominee (can't recall what category now) & all I heard playing in the background were the words "something's wrong". Male singer, sounded like rock.

Any clues?
    Are you sure you're not talking about "Nature's Way" by Spirit, which was part of the tribute to those who died in 2012-early 2013 (Ed Cassidy, their drummer, who earlier had lost his stepson, who was Spirit's lead guitarist, Randy California, died in 2012). There's a "something's wrong" refrain that's repeated several times in the song. BTW, if you don't know Spirit, at least buy the 2 disc "Best Of". You won't be disappointed.

I suspect the song is on youtube.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Are you sure you're not talking about "Nature's Way" by Spirit, which was part of the tribute to those who died in 2012-early 2013 (Ed Cassidy, their drummer, who earlier had lost his stepson, who was Spirit's lead guitarist, Randy California, died in 2012). There's a "something's wrong" refrain that's repeated several times in the song. BTW, if you don't know Spirit, at least buy the 2 disc "Best Of". You won't be disappointed.

I suspect the song is on youtube.
    BINGO! Thanks, man! Never heard that before.

I don't "get" Jack White.
    I was never into the White Stripes, but I have liked some of his side projects and his most recent solo album is quite good.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post

The media has gone out of their way to anoint him as Dick Clark's heir apparent. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they're resurrecting American Bandstand and $25,000 Pyramid just to complete the process.

I was really disappointed with that finale. Would have loved Chuck D., LL Cool J and Tom Morello to break out into a medley of their popular songs like "Fight the Power," "Mama Said Knock You Out" and "Bulls on Parade" but instead they did some really crappy new song. Don't get it. I was happy when they started playing the commercials over their performance.

And what was with that Frank Ocean song? That's what's considered Grammy-worthy these days? Terrible.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Didn't watch a minute of it & it sounds like it was the right decision for me.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Me neither, but TV's Andy Levy twitted "Jack White was actually bred in a lab to be a Tim Burton character but he escaped"
    Andy Levy is one funny dude. You must be a fan of Red Eye too!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Banned
    . I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they're resurrecting American Bandstand and $25,000 Pyramid just to complete the process.
    Pyramid is actually back now.

Kelly Clarkson is blessed with one hell of a voice.

Love her.

Virtually everything else about the Scammies...blech.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Katy is Whack!

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    I was really disappointed with that finale. Would have loved Chuck D., LL Cool J and Tom Morello to break out into a medley of their popular songs like "Fight the Power," "Mama Said Knock You Out" and "Bulls on Parade" but instead they did some really crappy new song. Don't get it. I was happy when they started playing the commercials over their performance.
    Yeah, they wouldn't have rolled credits/commercials over Elton John or someone else of higher stature. That ending was idiotic. LL Cool J looked like a buffoon introducing himself. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    And what was with that Frank Ocean song? That's what's considered Grammy-worthy these days? Terrible.
    This new trend of having a stripped-down presentation is overboard. It's the trend with some of the latest bands and now its infiltrated even further into others. It's either over processed vocals and production, or it's some fake retro (sparse) production with vocals sounding like they were recorded in a bathroom.

And for those drooling over Katy Perry... HUH?? Really? You just looking at her chest or what? Seriously, guys -- really? She is the definition of goony!

Yeah, but she cleans up nice.