Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Genesis reunion "would be fun" says Tony Banks...

sure it will sound better than my other fav band Yes sounds---but that is not saying much---Tony Banks the real fans want to see Hackett with you (And less likely Peter) to make any reunion interesting and not just a pop music extravaganza---Tony loves the old music best so just play it properly with Steve. Thank you.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Watcher of the Matlock

Since these are being pounded into the ground....

Quote Originally Posted by jc90125 View Post
    Nursing Home by the Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Retirement Home By The Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Care Home by the Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    Old Folks Home by The Sea

Funeral Home by the Sea.

yeah, I went there....

Follow you follow..wait, where was I going again?

Feed the pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    -Tony loves the old music best so just
    Do you have a link for that? I certainly haven't seen that attitude come through during their 1981-2007 period, but I suppose he could have done a reassessment recently. I'm just not aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Do you have a link for that? I certainly haven't seen that attitude come through during their 1981-2007 period, but I suppose he could have done a reassessment recently. I'm just not aware of it.
    He has said on several occasions that Wind and Wuthering is his favorite Genesis album, ie on the W&W interview segments from the box set reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    He has said on several occasions that Wind and Wuthering is his favorite Genesis album, ie on the W&W interview segments from the box set reissue.
    OK. That's not the same as what Steve said, but it is of interest. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic333 View Post
    Craft Table
    Dominoes
    Land of Constant Confusion.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Duke’s End

It’s Gonna Get Wetter

Fly on a Bed Pan

Since these are being pounded into the ground....

Funeral Home by the Sea.

yeah, I went there....
    And Then They Where Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Looks like a cool interview; I will listen later.

But what interests me far more than a possible Phil-fronted reunion is that insanely gorgeous, 2-octave pedal set under Tony's large mixer desk in that photo! Anyone know what it might be?
    What I found most interesting was the reference to Peter Gabriel singing Dancing With The Moonlit Knight for the first time in 30 years! Even if it was just the two opening lines......

He has indeed, although he flip-flops depending on his mood. I've also heard him say Duke a few times.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Riding The Wheelchair
    I Can't Walk
    Homebound
    Deep In The Grandmother Load
    Please Don't Die
    Another Surgery
    It's Not Gonna Get Better

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    OK. That's not the same as what Steve said, but it is of interest. Thanks.
    He's said that, and also that Foxtrot thru Duke was his favorite period. I don't remember which interview, but it was in the last 5 years I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    He has indeed, although he flip-flops depending on his mood. I've also heard him say Duke a few times.
    Yep, Tony loves Duke too, but I thought that was in the context of the 3 man band era. I could be wrong though.

Yep, Tony loves Duke too, but I thought that was in the context of the 3 man band era. I could be wrong though.
    He cites W&W and Duke as his two favourites no matter what. But for his #1 spot, I've heard him say each of them on different occasions - which is fair enough, we all tend to change our favourites from time to time, and with him being so close to that music it must be hard to definitively choose one over another.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    He cites W&W and Duke as his two favourites no matter what. But for his #1 spot, I've heard him say each of them on different occasions - which is fair enough, we all tend to change our favourites from time to time, and with him being so close to that music it must be hard to definitively choose one over another.
    I do the same thing. He has also touted 'Foxtrot', many a time.

If talks ever get serious, Tony and crew will find a way to avoid/cut out Mr. Hackett. Hope I'm wrong.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The Chamber of One Door (AKA the bathroom)
    Raving

Quote Originally Posted by LEG-art View Post
    If talks ever get serious, Tony and crew will find a way to avoid/cut out Mr. Hackett. Hope I'm wrong.
    From the context of the article, this reunion talk was for the 3 man era. I would love to see a 4 man reunion (we know the Gabriel ship has passed), but with Hackett doing the Genesis Revisited shows on seemingly a yearly basis, don't think the likelihood would be strong on both sides. It would be interesting to see how a 4 man tour with them doing the complete Trick and W&W albums, with Gabriel era classics as the encores, would do....
    Last edited by DocProgger; 01-26-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    The Fountain of Oatmeal
    Bwah ha haaa.....

Quote Originally Posted by LEG-art View Post
    Tony is the one that would want him. Mike... not so much, from what I understand.

Hackett has the best chops of all of them in 2018.

From the context of the article, this reunion talk was for the 3 man era. I would love to see a 4 man reunion (we know the Gabriel ship has passed), but with Hackett doing the Genesis Revisited shows on seemingly a yearly basis, don't think the likelihood would be strong on both sides. It would be interesting to see how a 4 man tour with them doing the complete Trick and W&W albums, with Gabriel era classics as the encores, would do....
    Here's a novel idea.. Why doesn't Steve invite one (Tony) or all 3 to guest at of his shows.. they don't have to do the whole tour.. just spotlight them.. I'm sure Tony would go for that.. and who knows Phil might be up for singing something from W&W or TOTT..