Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2384

Thread: MLB 2018

I made it through 17 and went to bed at 3:15 am.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Seven hours twenty minutes, longer than the length of the entire 1939 WS. Taking out TV/radio time it's incredible how they did it back in the olden days.

Cy Young, 511 wins - ok, and a bunch of losses as well - his arm never fell off and needed Tommy John surgery.

He also pitched both games of a double header at least once.

I wonder if bulking up is the problem. I took drum lessons for a brief while and asked about working out and he said no I shouldn't as I would get stiff, so to speak. Hasn't hurt Mike Trout though so go figure.

That stat caught my brain and I ran with it. It happens as I have too much alone time. It's one of those things I've always wondered about. Think if Mickey Mantle had had modern surgical techniques and how greater he might have been.
    I think it's more about the different types of pitches they throw today, the fact that they are throwing a lot harder and the wear it takes on the arm.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post

I wonder if bulking up is the problem. I took drum lessons for a brief while and asked about working out and he said no I shouldn't as I would get stiff, so to speak.
    You received inaccurate information from your drum teacher. Properly performed resistance training can increase flexibility. Having more muscle mass does not limit range of motion.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

It will be interesting to see how Cora handles pitching from here on. I think his gambling last night might just bite him in the ass.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Kudos to ol 84 year old Larry King, and his robbing the cradle wife 26 years his junior, for making it through the entire game....

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    If only the games didn't go so late, I've only seen 6 innings in both games so far.
    LOL!!!

On the plus side, if you get up early, you caught the end of last night's game...

That's one game you won't see in its entirety on Classic MLB.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    LOL!!!

On the plus side, if you get up early, you caught the end of last night's game...
    Yeah I'm glad I didn't bother staying up for last nights game.

Guess the Sox really need 1 out of 3 in LA to still be in charge.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    You received inaccurate information from your drum teacher. Properly performed resistance training can increase flexibility. Having more muscle mass does not limit range of motion.
    Yeah, the whole "muscle-bound" thing is a bunch of garbage. Male gymnasts have bulging muscles everywhere, and yet they're some of the most flexible people on earth.

And anyway - yeah - Nate Eovaldi. The first name I think of when I think of muscular baseball players...

Tommy John is performed now as a combination of better diagnosis, and as a preventative measure. Weight training makes one less likely to get injured, not more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Yeah, the whole "muscle-bound" thing is a bunch of garbage. Male gymnasts have bulging muscles everywhere, and yet they're some of the most flexible people on earth.

And anyway - yeah - Nate Eovaldi. The first name I think of when I think of muscular baseball players...

Tommy John is performed now as a combination of better diagnosis, and as a preventative measure. Weight training makes one less likely to get injured, not more likely.

Go Dodgers........😠🤘

Go Sox!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Go nobody (but the Sox even less)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Go Dodgers........����
    I Love You.

How about this Puig kid?

That sucks ass
    Ian

Holy ffff.

thats better
    Ian

Haha!!

Helluva game!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

And I thought Showalter was a stupid manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    And I thought Showalter was a stupid manager.
    Indeed!! What kind of idiot puts a former Reds pitcher in to start the ninth inning of a World Series game???

Hill was pitching well when pulled but managers tend to follow their book these days, he was at 91 pitches. Great come back by the Sox, brutal 9th for the Dodgers, 4 of those runs on the last out.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Indeed!! What kind of idiot puts a former Reds pitcher in to start the ninth inning of a World Series game???
    Who pulls a guy pitching a one hitter.

Sounds like he was near the end based on Roberts post game interview.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Hill was pitching well when pulled but managers tend to follow their book these days, he was at 91 pitches. Great come back by the Sox, brutal 9th for the Dodgers, 4 of those runs on the last out.
    That's why "the book", ie the Brian Kenny Advanced Metrics Starters Are Bad Use Your Bullpen No Matter What is insipidly stupid and has replaced Common Sense and trust what you see experience. Hill was pitching what , a 1 or 2 hit shutout? He's pitching great, he's in a groove, and it's stupid to take him out until you see real evidence he's faltering. This pitch count crap has gotten out of hand. Managers are outthinking themselves in some goofy effort to prove they are smarter than the next guy. That move probably cost LA the Series. Sometimes you just have to trust your eyes and experience instead of the "Book", which may have been written by some nerds who are holed up in some interior windowless cubby hole looking at numbers all day and have never actually played the game.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 10-28-2018 at 10:09 AM.