Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2384

Thread: MLB 2018

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Nice win for the Sox, not surprising Sale didn't last out of the 5th, Dodgers did a good job getting his pitch count up early, Kershaw looked dodgy again. Sox hitting is holding up well across the line-up. Sox bullpen looked good, even Kimbrel!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Good game! That's the type of game I want to see in a World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Nice win for the Sox, not surprising Sale didn't last out of the 5th, Dodgers did a good job getting his pitch count up early, Kershaw looked dodgy again. Sox hitting is holding up well across the line-up. Sox bullpen looked good, even Kimbrel!
    Sale hasn't pitched as well as I've seen him, but he was probably a "7" out of 10, especially considering he was dealing with a completely right handed lineup. I thought the Sox pen was a bit sketchy considering both Barnes and Brasier ran into issues. But it's nice to see contributions throughout the lineup as you stated. Last night Benintendi had one of his best games vs. left handed pitching all season and it's great to be able to have a guy like Nunez step in and smack one out of the park.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Speaking of rebuilds, while it's not a traditional rebuild by any means. I thought it was interesting that the announcers mentioned that Xander Boegarts (who I believe was a September call up) was the only member of the 2018 Red Sox that was active on the 2013 WS roster. That's a complete turnover! Pedroia is of course still with the team, but not active. Oh, and Brandon Workman is with the team, but was taken off the WS roster this year.

Red Sox 2013 WS Roster
    PITCHERS (11): Craig Breslow, Clay Buchholz, Ryan Dempster, Felix Doubront, John Lackey, Jon Lester, Franklin Morales, Jake Peavy, Junichi Tazawa, Koji Uehara, Brandon Workman.

CATCHERS (2): David Ross, Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

INFIELDERS (6): Xander Bogaerts, Stephen Drew, Will Middlebrooks, Mike Napoli, David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia.

OUTFIELDERS (6): Quintin Berry, Mike Carp, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jonny Gomes, Daniel Nava, Shane Victorino.
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 10-24-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Congrats to Cardinals C Yadier Molina on winning the Roberto Clemente award, primarily for his relief efforts in the aftermath of the terrible Puerto Rican hurricane disaster. One of the true good guys in bball.

This is the 5th Clemente Award won by Cardinals players, the most of any team (Lou Brock, Ozzie Smith, Albert Pujols, Carlos Beltran).

I'm totally with you on Yadi, Kevin. A truly class act and if there's any justice a first ballot unanimous HOFer w/eligible imo. Congrats to him!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Not the outcome I had hoped for, but I am loving this World Series so far. The back and forth scoring has made this a fun one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Not the outcome I had hoped for, but I am loving this World Series so far. The back and forth scoring has made this a fun one.
    The games have been well played and entertaining, but my bias is contributing to that.

You know, it's extremely unconventional to pitch Eovaldi two nights a row out of the pen like that. I am beginning to think a few things could occur in game 4... Eovaldi pitches but only the first few innings, E-Rod pitches and Eovaldi continues to be the a bullpen guy, or Chris Sale starts instead.

If only the games didn't go so late, I've only seen 6 innings in both games so far.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

If only the games didn't go so late, I've only seen 6 innings in both games so far.

So what the hell is with that weird stance of Kimbrel's before he throws? It reminds me of the dance moves of the Soggy Bottom Boys.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    So what the hell is with that weird stance of Kimbrel's before he throws? It reminds me of the dance moves of the Soggy Bottom Boys.

I think it's silly.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

If it works for him what's the issue?
    Ian

Yeah, 300 saves so it is working. But it just looks so damn odd.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

No issue at all. I just think it looks silly. More power to him.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

He thinks he's a bird of prey.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    He thinks he's a bird of prey.
    Or he's trying to pick off a guy on second with a fecal bullet.

I hear ya. Let’s just say I am happy there’s no game tonight.

Google is a thing:
    “There’s many theories behind it,” Kimbrel said before Monday’s game against Arizona. “Some guys say I’m flexing. Some guys say the better I pitched, the cockier I got, the further and further out my arm got. I don’t know what it is. To me it’s just in a comfortable position and it’s how I pick up my signs. I don’t even think about.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sandi...story,amp.html
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Or he's trying to pick off a guy on second with a fecal bullet.
    Or maybe setting up for an RKO out of nowhere?

Just hit midnight here. Top of the 17th...

Great series!!

Just hit midnight here. Top of the 17th...

Dodgers!!

Dodgers!!
    That must have been insane! I can't imagine another scenario where the game lasted 18 innings, and the losing pitcher went the last 6!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Seven hours twenty minutes, longer than the length of the entire 1939 WS. Taking out TV/radio time it's incredible how they did it back in the olden days.

Cy Young, 511 wins - ok, and a bunch of losses as well - his arm never fell off and needed Tommy John surgery.

He also pitched both games of a double header at least once.

I wonder if bulking up is the problem. I took drum lessons for a brief while and asked about working out and he said no I shouldn't as I would get stiff, so to speak. Hasn't hurt Mike Trout though so go figure.

That stat caught my brain and I ran with it. It happens as I have too much alone time. It's one of those things I've always wondered about. Think if Mickey Mantle had had modern surgical techniques and how greater he might have been.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000