Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2384

Thread: MLB 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Congrats to the Brewers!

Not the Dodgers, though.
    Here's hoping the A's breeze through their series!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Here's hoping the A's breeze through their series!
    We'll see, now won't we?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

We'll see, now won't we?
    Obviously.

Go Athletics

Go Brewers
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but "GO CUBS"!

I'll take the familiarity over the reg. season stats.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Also, Paul Molitor, last year's AL Manager of the Year, has been fired by the Twins.

^^^
    Ridiculous, given their roster.

50 years ago today, Bob Gibson strikes out 17 vs Tigers in Game 1 of the 68 World Series, including striking out the side in the 9th, in a 4-0 complete game shutout, breaking Koufax' WS record of 15.
    The record still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    The record still stands.
    The strikeouts, or playing a World Series game on October 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The strikeouts, or playing a World Series game on October 2?
    Maybe it's the record for the number of Cardinals-related posts.

Just kidding. I think the Brewers still hold that one.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

And they both pale next to the Bronx Bimbos.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    And they both pale next to the Bronx Bimbos.
    Not if wins has anything to do with it.

Nothing really matters at this point, anyway. It's a new season, a clean slate and anyone can win it all.

Here's hoping the Red Sox and Indians go down in flames.

Go Athletics

Go Brewers
    I second this. I would love to see the A's and the yeast infections in the Series.

*Now that the Rockies are in, I will root for them*
    Last edited by Lou; 10-03-2018 at 08:30 AM.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I wasn't sure about this, so I looked it up.

If the Brewers and the Yankees meet in the World Series, the Brewers would have home field advantage. Ron & everyone else knows that I hate the Yankees, but this is absolutely ridiculous and should be based on best record, period.

L

Last edited by DocProgger; 10-03-2018 at 02:40 AM.

Well, there you have it. Maddon makes another inexplicable pitching change, removing a starter who is absolutely cruising. That wasn't the difference in the game, though. He also made a tough call in pulling Rizzo for Gore; it gave us the tying run, but lost us the hottest bat in the line-up for the remainder of the game, which very well might have been the difference. I know Chili Davis has done good things with some individual Cubs hitters this season, but the overall inconsistency of the offense was our Achilles heel all year.

Count me solidly in the Yeastie camp for the duration!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    *Now that the Rockies are in, I will root for them*
    Agreed.

If the Brewers and the Yankees meet in the World Series, the Brewers would have home field advantage. Ron & everyone else knows that I hate the Yankees, but this is absolutely ridiculous and should be based on best record, period.
    At least it's not determined by the winner of the All Star Game.

Also, Paul Molitor, last year's AL Manager of the Year, has been fired by the Twins.
    The writing was on the wall. When the new front office he was already installed. They want their own guy, with a more modern approach to the game and the younger players.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Pulling Hamels for a pinch hitter w/ a runner on 2nd felt like the right move to me. Single wins it

ultimately I go back to that AB by Gore in the bottom of the 13th (the one where he faked getting plunked) - count was 3-2, no outs, the announcers said empathetically "DONT SWING", he swings at a pitch 8 inches out of the zone. if he takes there he's on 1st, then probably on 3rd two pitches later, still with no outs. "You either die a hero..., etc etc etc"
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

I was just watching YouTube video from inside the stadium when the Rockies win. The silence is golden. It's like someone pushed the mute button at the stadium.

I don't think that's correct. Once they got rid of the silly AS game rule, they finally did go to best overall record for the WS, regardless if a team is a Div winner or a WC team. That is what the MLB site says. What source did you see?
    Last edited by DocProgger; 10-03-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    I don't think that's correct. Once they got rid of the silly AS game rule, they finally did go to best overall record for the WS, regardless if a team is a Div winner or a WC team. That is what the MLB site says. What source did you see?
    Thanks, Kev! I re-read it and DID read it wrong the first time (MLB.com).

Now I get to add dyslexia to my ever-growing list of septuagenarian bullshit.

Just met with Roberto Clemente, Jr. and his business manager this afternoon. Really nice guy. I told him that I didn't realize he was a Yankees broadcaster on Spanish TV for quite a while. (He has three rings from the 90s.) He had some interesting stories. he told me that George Steinbrenner was not the guy we all saw. He was a really sweet person.

I'm hoping to do some work with him. We'll see how it plays out.

Thanks, Kev! I re-read it and DID read it wrong the first time (MLB.com).

Now I get to add dyslexia to my ever-growing list of septuagenarian bullshit.
    I thought the Wild Card team was not allowed to have home-field advantage at all.

Just met with Roberto Clemente, Jr. and his business manager this afternoon. Really nice guy. I told him that I didn't realize he was a Yankees broadcaster on Spanish TV for quite a while. (He has three rings from the 90s.) He had some interesting stories. he told me that George Steinbrenner was not the guy we all saw. He was a really sweet person.

I'm hoping to do some work with him. We'll see how it plays out.
    Very cool. Good luck, Ron!