Thread: Heavy Metal Parking Lot

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Heavy Metal Parking Lot

It occurred to me I'd never watched this, so I found it on YouTube, but I can't watch more than a few minutes. These guys are such idiots, and boring!

Does it get better/different?

Worth watching for the vintage cars, though...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

The "Where are they now?" video is probably more interesting...

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Worth watching for the vintage cars, though...
    and for the girl who says she'd like to jump Rob Halford's bones.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more." — Y.J. Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfeathers View Post
    Yeah, that girl is a piece of work - her parents must have been proud.

I guess she didn't realize that he would not be into that.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I've met more than a few women who say they absolutely thought Rob was hot at the time. As he himself once put it, "What?! Didn't you know?!".

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I've met more than a few women who say they absolutely thought Rob was hot at the time. As he himself once put it, "What?! Didn't you know?!".
    It's funny because to me he just looks like Graham Chapman from Monty Python, who also wouldn't have been into it.

Filmmaker Jeff Krulik is a neighbor of mine and we are friendly!

His film Led Zeppelin Played Here is a brilliant documentary of the early days of rock touring, when a lot was done by fans and ‘the professionals’ hadn’t yet moved totally in....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It occurred to me I'd never watched this, so I found it on YouTube, but I can't watch more than a few minutes. These guys are such idiots, and boring!

]
    Really? Man....I was 25 years old in 1986 and I remember rock n roll parking lots being just like the movie. Yea, I was young and stupid, just like the guys in the film, but it sure as hell was a lot of fun. Back then you could typcially tailgate and we used to get to the parking lot hours before the show, drinking beers, playing frisbie, listening to music, and just having a good time. I was not a total metal head, but was into Priest, Dio, Maiden, and other biggies at the time. The film actually brings back a lot of memories for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Really? Man....I was 25 years old in 1986 and I remember rock n roll parking lots being just like the movie. Yea, I was young and stupid, just like the guys in the film, but it sure as hell was a lot of fun. Back then you could typcially tailgate and we used to get to the parking lot hours before the show, drinking beers, playing frisbie, listening to music, and just having a good time. I was not a total metal head, but was into Priest, Dio, Maiden, and other biggies at the time. The film actually brings back a lot of memories for me.
    I'm sure it was fun for them, just after a few minutes I'd had enough. Still, I think it's good that someone documented it.