Thread: RIP, Christian Bruchard, Embryo

RIP, Christian Bruchard, Embryo

Hate to be the harbringer of bad news, but this also was announced.

"Der Multiinstrumentalist und Gründer der Weltmusik- und Krautrockband Embryo ist am 17. Januar 2018 im Alter von 71 Jahren verstorben. Christian erlitt vor etwa zwei Jahren einen Schlaganfall und konnte nicht mehr auftreten. Seitdem hat seine Tochter Marja die Bandleitung übernommen. Im Jahr 2008 erhielt Embryo (gegründet 1969) den Deutschen Weltmusikpreis 'Ruth'.
    R.I.P Christian"
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Hate to be the harbringer of bad news, but this also was announced.

"Der Multiinstrumentalist und Gründer der Weltmusik- und Krautrockband Embryo ist am 17. Januar 2018 im Alter von 71 Jahren verstorben. Christian erlitt vor etwa zwei Jahren einen Schlaganfall und konnte nicht mehr auftreten. Seitdem hat seine Tochter Marja die Bandleitung übernommen. Im Jahr 2008 erhielt Embryo (gegründet 1969) den Deutschen Weltmusikpreis 'Ruth'.
    R.I.P Christian"
    Translated by Google:

"The multi-instrumentalist and founder of the world music and Krautrockband Embryo died on January 17, 2018 at the age of 71. Christian suffered a stroke about two years ago and could no longer occur .. Since then, his daughter Marja has taken over the band management received Embryo (founded in 1969) the German World Music Award 'Ruth'.

Sad news. My friend worked with him on the 2006 album Embryonnck, a collaboration between Burchard and the No-Neck Blues Band. They had a great time touring Europe together. I also remember a great interview with Burchard in i/e magazine many years back.

Burchard.

Aachh! That's a major loss! Although he was senior, he kept things going until last. I haven't seen Embryo since the 90s, but they were still performing more or less regularly in spring/summertime and - according to reliable sources - were always worth catching even in recent years. Much due to the influx of younger members on rotation and a constantly varying size of lineup.

I suspect we'll have to expect a lot more losses in upcoming years, and not least from the once so 'unhealthy' 70s West-German scene.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

RIP.
    I happen to know of a guy with the same name who is sort of well known in the circles I travel.
    I would imagine his day is interesting.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Auf deutsch, but its interesting that Christian's daughter Marja is carrying on the torch for him!

"Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Yeah, great, often under looked band. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Listening to Steig aus right now.

RIP
    ...We Keep On...

RIP
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Sad news

RIP Embryo spinnin' tonight (even thogh I'm pretty late).
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.