Thread: 80s prog revivalists Tamarisk will release new album, their first for 30 + years

80s prog revivalists Tamarisk will release new album, their first for 30 + years

Essex based prog group TAMARISK will release a brand new record 'Breaking The Chains' in February. It should be their first album for 33 years! The band, who formed out of the ashes of Chemical Alice in 1984, released two cassette EP's during their original incarnation. Singer Andy Grant has teamed up with original keyboard player Steve Leigh, who also worked with Quasar and helped form Landmarq in 1990. Thunder guitarist Luke Morley appears on the new record, as well as drummer Graham Cutill, guitarist Ed Rome and bassists Matt Black & Chris Davis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=VQclhuA24kk

https://www.tamariskband.co.uk/

Weren't some members of Marillion in Chemical Alice?
    Tamarisk are a band I have no recollection of but know of Steve Leigh as I saw Landmarq in their early days!

Mark Kelly.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I wasn't really aware of this band, though I'm a HUGE Chemical Alice fan Will have to check this new release out!

I don't know why the call it a new album - it has the same tracklist as Frozen In Time (2012), a compilation CD containing the tracks that were part of their only two releases from 1980s on cassettes, plus several onus tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by mogilevs View Post
    I don't know why the call it a new album - it has the same tracklist as Frozen In Time (2012), a compilation CD containing the tracks that were part of their only two releases from 1980s on cassettes, plus several onus tracks.
    "The new CD is all 7 songs from the original cassette demos from 1982 and 1983. They've been remastered from the quarter inch master tapes for the very first time. There are 4 new songs recorded last year from the band’s 1984 live set. The CD also has a 16 page booklet with all the lyrics to all 11 songs, the story of Tamarisk and how this all came about. It is also dedicated to Richard Harris, the original drummer who died a few years ago".

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So some of it’s studio recordings and some of it is live?

I’ll be interested to know if it’ll be available on Bandcamp.

The Frozen In Time reissue CD was mastered at a very low level, so hopefully they'll do a better job with this one. Also, they changed the track order on it, and put the 2nd tape's material first, ahead of the first tape. I hope they don't repeat that either. Because of those issues, I listen to my transfers of the original cassettes when I want to listen to some Tamarisk.

^^^Not how I read it; I get "we are recording four songs that were part of our live set in '84 but never got recorded in the studio before."
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Tamarisk are playing live:

Saturday 3rd March:
    Chinnerys, 21-22 Marine Parade, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 2EJ
    £6.00 in advance or £7.00 on the door

Details here.